T Wrecks

Overview of notable STEX content 2016

13 posts in this topic Last Reply

Great list - love the captions. Thanks for creating this! :-)

Nice! 2016 was a very good year for SC4.

I noticed a little mistake in the Commercial part, @Urban Constanta is credited for the Avenue Nightclub instead of @Urban Abstraction

I feel I should also mention @Manuel-ito's re-lot of the Maxis Grand Rail Station for the transport part.

The criteria we used was to put the still available files (in February 2017) that were initially submitted on 2016, maybe something you did isn't currently available or was initially posted at the end of 2015?

3 minutes ago, matias93 said:

The criteria we used was to put the still available files (in February 2017) that were initially submitted on 2016, maybe something you did isn't currently available or was initially posted at the end of 2015?

it should be still available and i posted it in 2016

Hm, hope this isn't arrogant as you did all the work and me only reading - but you mentioned me with 'mass tourism' and some other small stuff - which was the work of a few hours and skipped the 'big paeng theory' which was the work of more than a year. Don't want to complain - it's more that I'm surprised about my own feelings atm. I feel aggrieved like an actor who's acting in a leading role in a serious film is ignored but his 3 seconds apearance in a comedy gets applause.  As you say, you list the "notabale" stuff, not the 'funny' or 'nice' stuff or 'usefull' stuff. And I think a set of 78 lots could fit this adjective, even if it fails fitting many other adjectives - even if nobody likes it - the work itself couldn't it be regarded as notable in some sense?

Suddenly my feelings turn things into being serious where my mind says, I shouldn't take it that serious. And I hate this state of feelings and mind quarreling. And that's why I had to post. Now, as I said, I'm aggrieved - it feels much better. :ninja:

The only thing I can say on our defense is that we did the list on very inconvenient hours (p.e. 3 to 5 AM); indeed, I feel sleep more than once over the keyboard, to only wake back knowing nothing about where in the list I was.

To have missed the big paeng theory is certainly a big omission, but at least this comments will make it even more visible than a place on the list.

• Original Poster
  • Yeah, not to mention we worked on this list among three people and had serious trouble getting it to post at all because it is very long and full of tags, which the board software didn't seem to like...

So if you find something is missing, just let us know. We are human after all. We make mistakes. Get 200 right, you may still get a handul wrong. :lost:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Hamish

Trixie Winners Announced - 

The Llamas have finally been herded, the nominations finally counted, and the medals finally polished. 
        Please join us in congratulating the Trixie winners for 2015 and 2016!

The Trixies are a celebration of all types of community contributions, ranging from STEX uploads, CJ entries, all the way to forum posts. It's the perfect opportunity to celebrate all the amazing content shared over the past two years, and give a special 'thanks' to your fellow members.
        Nominations were held earlier this year, and since then we've been busy behind the scenes getting this reveal ready. The past two years have flown by, and we are fortunate enough to have an event which we can celebrate community content produced during this time. A big congratulations go out to all winners and nominees for the past two years, and also to everyone who took part in the awards. Whether coming up with ideas or making one or many nominations, the Trixies wouldn't be possible without you all.

Winners Revealed Below
        Browse through the next two posts which will reveal who has won Trixies each year. We then welcome all recipients to take the stage and say a few words, meanwhile we also encourage everyone to take join in the festivities congratulating the winners and discussing the content.

2015 Trixie Winners
        City Journal Awards
        Custom Content Awards
        Forum Awards
        Community Awards

2016 Trixie Winners
        City Journal Awards
        Custom Content Awards
        Forum Awards
        Community Awards

Click each of the above links to navigate to a specific section, or just keep on reading on...
        Without further adieu, the Trixie winners for 2015 and 2016! 
      • By RandyE
        Do files on the STEX now have to be downloaded with a logged-in account?  No more downloading to quest accounts?
      • By Chief ZDN
        Hello,
        Security is important. Lots of sites have a security center. Imagine if I am a security researcher/white-hat hacker and I found an exploit. What should I do? Is there a security center? Is it private? Does the community have a good disclosure process?
        Thanks.
      • By mapwizard
        Could someone send me the download for building night lights.