About This File
The Previews above from left to right show,
1) Atlantis as SC4 Mapper displays it in Region view,
2) The config.bmp file as it was enlarged and used as the shape of the island,
3) The grayscale map made from the config.sys file with a hill and 2 inland lakes added,
4) A map of the Region as seen in SC4 Mapper,
5) A partially re-textured region as cities were loaded and saved from the SC4 Mapper Region view,
6) The default texture generated by SC4 when the grayscale is manually loaded using CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+R, and,
7) A view of a partially developed region.
Atlantis is a fictional island world from Ancient Greek mythology, initially popularized by the philosopher Plato who composed modern ethics and ideals into his revised stories of Atlantis. The region is mostly flat land with lots of access to water.
This download includes both an .SC4M file, and an 8-bit .bmp, 256 indexed grayscale heightmap, config.bmp and region.ini files. The grayscale map can either be manually installed or imported into SC4 Mapper or SC4 Terraformer to generate an .SC4M file that you may prefer to work with. The above preview images and basic instructions for manual installation also included.
EDIT Feb 28, 2017
An alternate Atlantis map can be found below. The grayscale can be rendered in SC4, or loaded into SC4 Mapper. The map below may be considered to be more specific to the story, or at least to the popular versions of it. Its a flat map made up of concentric circles divided into sections.