2 Screenshots

About This File

This is a very simple relot of two BATs, turning them into 'police stations' for an efficent fight against crime:

- a drug enforcement administration (small, original bat by gutterclub)

with 3 cars,14 cells, maintenance cost $90.

- criminal investigation department (big, original bat by jsteed)

with 7 cars, 40 cells, maintenance cost $280

Both work as police stations in game. Please don't forget to endorse the original models creators

Dependencies:

nyembassy3-0x5ad0e817_0x323eb6fa_0x110000.SC4Model (you only need the model file contained in the zip)

54TeedStreet-0x5ad0e817_0x411658bd_0x30000.SC4Model (you only need the model file contained in the zip)

BSC Textures Vol01

BSC Textures Vol02

Grfe_VIB_vehicules.dat

Happy gaming.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

T Wrecks

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Good eye! Both BATs actually look pretty police-y. Very structured and strict, in dark and sober colours, and slightly intimidating/oppressive. :lol: I think you really found BATs that radiate a suitable character.

The lots are plain and simple, and that's precisely why they do the job just fine. No frills, no fancy stuff (move on, there's nothing to see here!), but plausible, realistic and with that "official" vibe (as opposed to any playful details that would just not convey the right mood).

I'd also like to thank you for reminding us all of two BAT artists that tend to be overlooked and underrated a bit IMO: gutterclub and jsteed. For those who are not familiar with these names, I do recommend searching for more of their stuff - you might just be surprised!

My conclusion: Thank you very much for sharing this one, and I'll say that we need more of this kind of re-lots in general. So many great BATs out there, so much potential...

Share this review

Link to review
Lost Realist

Much appreciated civic relot.

Share this review

Link to review
matias93

Great concept and fantastic choose of buildings to lot. Police stations are in much need, particularly when adequately modded. This is gonna be an staple of mine, surely.

Only one detail: as the file is a 7z, some users could have problems decompressing it. Maybe it would be better to reupload it as a zip file.

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By lmca9000
      The Bolivarian National Intelligence Service (SEBIN) is an internal and external intelligence and counterintelligence agency of Venezuela.
      This model includes two versions, a landmark version and another as a functional police station. 
    • By Moses Zal
      I don't know if the word penetration is the the correct term to use here. But with it, I mean the ability to arrest criminals beyond roads. Below are the stats of maxis police kiosk. Since this station has no dispatches, then I think that the dispatch center strength, dispatch exterior strength and dispatch radius are irrelevant. What is relevant are the radius, center, and exterior strength. The police has to arrest the criminals by foot since this station has no cars. With a center strength of 100/255(0.39) at the center and a radius of 192 (12 tiles):
      Police center strength (0.39) / coverage radius (12) = 0.03. This means that starting from the rim of the coverage circle where the exterior strength is 0, the police strength increases by 0.03 every tile towards the police kiosk reaching a police strength of 0.39 at the heart of the kiosk.
      So 0.03 * 7 = 0.21. We have a police strength of 0.21 seven tiles away from the rim of the coverage circle. 0.2 is the minimum strength required to arrest criminals.  12 - 7 = 5. Having said that this station has no cars, this means that the center strength, exterior strength, and radius applies to arresting criminals by foot. This means that the police kiosk can capture criminals 5 tiles beyond the road while other maxis police stations can only arrest criminals 3 tiles beyond the road since they have dispatches and the default dispatch radius is 3 tiles. 
      Did I got this right or f*cked everything up in my calculations and why?
      Edit: I am guessing that maybe the dispatch center strength, dispatch exterior strength, and dispatch radius of the police kiosk comes into play when kiosk's police try to arrest a criminal beyond the road. 

• By Moses Zal
      Hello there,
      Is there a way or a mod that enable us to know the police protectiom strength in a certain area or tile?
    • By Moses Zal
      Hey guys,
      I always noticed this happening. When I lower the funding of the maxis jail because I have much less than 1,000 inmates inside the prison, I start to see prisoners running and cops trying to catch them on foot. Of course when I am lowering the funding, I am always keeping the capacity more that the number of inmates. Does this mean that prisoners are escaping or is it just an annoying eye candy? 
      Edit: I got the answer, It didn't came to my mind to look for the answer in Prima's official e-guide before posting. Decreasing funding of jails increases the chances of a prison break.
    • By airman15
      At the heart of any well-balanced city is an order legislated to guarantee the welfare of all who live inside it's jurisdiction. Law Enforcement is one of the most important branches to a government, ensuring safety to all. Even if it's a traffic ticket now and then or a donut shop being stormed. Your departments need a sturdy car and the Impala is the perfect fit! For when the going gets tough in the streets, these new cruisers are well-equipped to take on anything!
      About the Upload-
      This mod converts the Police Car into a modified Chevrolet Impala. There are 8 different liveries included, based on various police departments from the United States. The liveries included are not specific to any real cities, so they can blend into almost any setting within the game. The shields on each side are custom emblems from GM to promote the Impala as a police unit. Static props included.
      Dependencies?
      None required, but if you would like to see these units in action (besides their regular patrols), it's recommended to download the Lots of Riots mod, which will spawn more frequent uprisings that allow you to actually use the police dispatch tool!

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections