1 Screenshot

About This File

AKNOWLEGDEMENTS:

This mod would have much harder to do without the work of Rivit, creator of GoFSH and the original Coastal Modd. My job was simply to create and replace some images, then letting the program to do its magic.

DESCRIPTION:

When planning my upcoming CJ, based on a volcanic island, I noted the lack of a black texture to match basaltic sands: the available ones were granitic, grey sands, or overly black and unrealistic ones.

This newer sands should match adequately in any volcanic or basaltic coast, from Iceland to New Zealand, provided they are match with a dark cliff texture (there's an upcoming one from this part!). 

This mod replaces textures both for terrain and beach lot sands, including custom ones.

COMPATIBILITY:

Just asure you this mod is loaded AFTER anyone changing the default sand textures.
Also, being an SD texture, this is not compatible with HD terrain mods (like Gobias' and Lowkee ones), because they read the images as being four times bigger, stretching and pixelating them in the process. Also, those mods usually include their own sand textures.

LICENSE: <-- this time there's no typo *:)

This mod has a Creative Commons Attribution - Non Commercial 4.0 International licence, what means you can use all its content directly or creating something derivately, while you give explicit attribution to all previous authors, and while you don't charge for accessing or using this content or a derivate you create of it.

To create the textures, I used a sand texture made by tatyana.

SUPPORT and HELP:

I made a development and support thread on Simtropolis, you can visit it with the following link:
matias93 Unexpected mod workshop

What's New in Version 1.0.0

Released

File type changed to zip

User Feedback