Sign in to follow this  
Dirktator

Simtropolis Home Page "Features" - What's it good for?

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

What's considered a "Feature"?

Anything that has to do with Simtropolis or SimCity.

Including stuff on the STEX.

Remember...

It has to have a great image, to be considered worthy by the Dirktator!

If you are submitting someone else's stuff be sure to fill in the original author in the attribution field.

What's considered a "Feature"?

Anything that has to do with Simtropolis or SimCity.

What if some members have content or cities from Cities XL they would like to feature, this is also allowed correct?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By chfzdn
      Hello,
      The STEX Collections isn't updated since 2013 and ironically, the staff still giving 3 of them (Vol 5 to 3) for respective donators. So, I want to replace the old system to the new one. This will be a place on the site special for donators. Here, the donator can download the staff-picked files along with the extensive docs. Of course, the access will be still limited by the donation amount. In addition of that, the mod curation will be active again, so you can expect new files to be available on the place.
      How about the staff-picked Omnibus articles and CJs? Again, those stuff will be available on that place. For those who asking, "How I access the collection?", well it's easy. You can just hover/enter the respective section (ST Exchange, Omnibus or City Journals) and click Collections. How about old things? Sorry, but I can't give them just for the donators. Instead, the old things will be curated and can be easily again by accessing the Collections. And, you can just slide the timeline for old files.
      Critics and suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
    • By Cyclone Boom

In a major milestone for Simtropolis, the STEX has now reached a grand total of 100 million downloads!
      (As of 17:35 GMT, 13 Feb 2015)

Over the past 12 years, members of this community have shared and continue to share content of dazzling and diverse quality. From buildings to mods, the games we play continue to be improved and expanded. 18,848 files later, reaching this figure is really a testament to how strong the member base is, and how influential custom content is for a game’s longevity. Also, special thanks must go to our Dirktator for providing this website -- the foundations which have made this landmark a reality.
      Join us in celebrating this remarkable achievement! There may be a few surprises in store over the next few weeks (all will be revealed)...

Interviews
      #01: MandelSoft - Transit modder & member of the NAM Team
      #02: Heblem - Content creator & founder of the LBT Team
      #03: Glenni - Tower block & ghetto BATter
      #04: madhatter106 - Commercial building BATter
      #05: paeng - Lotter & founder of NightOwl Productions
      #06: mrbisonm - Content creator & founder of Nexis
      #07: rivit - Transportation & automata modder
      #08: Aaron Graham - New York apartment BATter & member of the NYBT
      #09: Seraf - BATter & member of the NYBT
      #10: Tarkus - Transit modder & member of the NAM Team & NHP
      #11: T Wrecks - Industrial / residential lotter & modder
      #12: Sabretooth78 - Buffalo New York building BATter
      #13: nofunk - Midwest USA BATter & member of mipro (originally the BSP)
      #14: bixel - Hong Kong BATter & original member of the HKABT
      #15: Jasoncw - BATter & member of mipro (originally the BSP)

Celebration Uploads
      [View List Here]

Thanks to all interview participants, and SimCoug & NMUSpidey for organising them.
    • By citybuilder234
      I'm not sure this hasn't been discussed before. Will there be a mobile app for the Simtropolis website, like for Android and IOS devices? That would be great to have, if you're on the go.
      That way we can look at or edit our city journals on our smartphones and tablets if we're not home at our desktop computers. That way it'll have a much easier to use interface in the app, than in the browser on your smartphone or tablet.
      What do you think about this idea?
    • By Duco
      To whom it concerns,
      This post is meant as a a big ‘ Thank You!’ .
      Although I’m not a community man, I visit simtropolis a lot. Since a few months I have a new computer and I just copied the files from my old tot the new one.
      But now I have more possibilities and because the game crashes some times with my new settings, I decided to install everything from zero.
      C.P.’s terrainmod Meadowshire is installed, the seasonal trees from Girafe, a watermod from Peg, the NAM, Spam and several addons, so I am on my way.
      But when I am doing this, I  realize that this game woudn’t be anywhere, without all this cool things.
      So, Thank You! Just wanna say thank you to all the people who made/ make this game so much fun.
      Thanks!!
    • By chfzdn
      Hello,
      I was making Omnibus articles, especially about SimCity 4 but due to lack of popularity, my articles are shown in the bottom. This behavior beats one of important things in wiki: all posts must be accessed equally and easily. This makes my articles difficult to access.
      To fix this, we should change our wiki system similar to Wikipedia, using MediaWiki. Using MediaWiki also provides functionality to edit and even request deletion, some of important things in information democracy. Yes, Simtropolis isn't full democracy but in case of not-maintained articles, those point are important. For those asking about staffing, the wiki is administered by the same community staffs plus staffs dedicated to maintaining the wiki (similar to STEX). Even better, we could use the Stack Exchange style of staffing: as the reputation grows, appropriate moderation and even admin features are given. In case of power abuse, the member are given right to give bad reputation points. The rep points is available in small amount and replenished each day to prevent abuses. Again, if there are abuses, member can give bad rep.
      The choice of staffing system is back to the community itself. But, I can help you to setup the wiki and creating initial contents.
      Thanks.