28 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

A catalog like this is a great idea! You could probably end up doing the same with water mods as well. Certainly beats sifting through the old files on the exchange and squinting at (potentially) tiny preview images, especially from the really, really old files from around 2004-2006. :thumb:

• Original Poster
  • On 07/09/2016 at 3:11 AM, kingofsimcity said:

You could probably end up doing the same with water mods as well.

I'm guessing you're psychic. That is indeed my intention along with Beach, Terrain, and Tree mods. The whole project will, ofc, take a while since I have those pesky RL things to do more often than I have time for pixel organization. Once I get them all done as separate threads, I feel a single index thread with linkys to each one might be the best way to go about this. My long (might be very long) term goal is to create a really nice reference guide for peeps new to the game or those returning after a long absence. Basically my plan is to create or link to the reference material I wish I could've found when I first started playing.

Here's the folder layout I made for sorting the downloads. I want to have my own copy of every single terrain related mod available on the STEX and LEX. This folder structure is outside of SimCity 4 cause it contains the raw zip files.

55-Terrain-Folders.jpg

The folder labeled Multi is when there is more than one mod in the zip file. That LK_StarterSet has Beach, Water, and Cliff mods. I forgot to test its rock mod for my initial post, but I'll do that as soon as I get a chance and edit it into the catalogue above. Added as the 39th image in post 1.

Also, if there are any rock mods I've overlooked feel free to post a linky to them here and I'll get them screenshotted on the same mountain and edit them in too. I've been using CasperVg's List of Terrain-Related Plugins as a guide as well as just general Google searching for what's out there.

This will especially be helpful for players who want to experiment with changing the default terrain into something else! One of the first things I did once I started adding stuff to the game was replace the terrain and water.

Every region is unique and some players will opt for different themes which is why we have desert, arctic, temperate, and tropical textures to choose from. Something you definitely won't see in the real world is the default combination of brown rock/drying grass/pale nuclear water.

Reference libraries like these are something we can use more of on the forums as the Omnibus is more reserved for tutorials and how-to's. If a few more lists can be compiled for water and grass textures and so forth, then we'd all be able to pick out the best ones without having to download then see it's not one we like and then throw it out to try again!

• Original Poster
  • 4 hours ago, APSMS said:

Only request: Could you spoiler them by group, so that we don't have to load all the images at once if we don't want to?

I willing to try if that's what everyone wants. I'm not sure how to do it since the links have already resolved into pictures in the post. I'm guessing I would copy the Image Link Location which I can do easy in FF. Then make a spoiler box and paste the link inside. Then delete the original pic. Or can I just drag them into the box?

Personally, I like just being able to scroll thru them all without having to click open spoilers. So, atm it's 1 in favor of hiding them and 1 in favor of not. Let's see how other peeps feel about it. Majority rules.

Edit: And peeps would only be looking at this thread if they were intending to check out the various rock mods so wouldn't it make sense to have it easy to see them all?

Splendid resource, Cori!  :thumb:  Rock textures tend to get overlooked by players and creators alike, but it's good to see that they are getting some attention.  In their own way, rock textures are just as important IMO as grass or water textures; how else could we get those cliff sides that conjure up images of an intrepid hike?  I'm particularly drawn to the red igneous texture, because it reminds me so much of some hills near my neck of the woods, and the dark granite 4 just because it looks cool.

44 minutes ago, CorinaMarie said:

I willing to try if that's what everyone wants. I'm not sure how to do it since the links have already resolved into pictures in the post. I'm guessing I would copy the Image Link Location which I can do easy in FF. Then make a spoiler box and paste the link inside.

Maybe an easier way: Select an image (left click), then click the 'Spoiler' icon in the editor.

However, in terms of the images, they'd still be fully loaded even when hidden in spoilers. Basically the page is rendered as normal, and spoilers are just panels over the top.

As an alternative for navigation, maybe it's worth adding an index list at the very top. Then links could jump to show each image in the post. If you'd like, I can make this workable using page anchors in the HTML (admin tool). Just let me know if you'd like this doing, and it wouldn't be too much work to add more in future.

• Original Poster
  • 1 hour ago, Cyclone Boom said:

If you'd like, I can make this workable using page anchors in the HTML (admin tool). Just let me know if you'd like this doing, and it wouldn't be too much work to add more in future.

I've already decided I like Ennedi's Sandstone1 Brown the best. I'm done viewing my first post for my own use so whatever makes it the best from all the other user's perspective is just peachy. Not that you'd need it, but you have my permission to set it up however you feel is best. My intention was simply to make something I could use and then hopefully it would be useful for other peeps too.

While you are doing your magic, will that also mean the pics get stored at ST rather than my Photobucket site? If that is an option, I feel it'd be a good idea in case PB ever decides to toast my free account. As we discussed in that other Improvement thread a couple months ago my view is still that things which are really useful should be protected against loss. If I have any copyright to my images here, I freely assign them all to ST. Also, would you want my city tile file so you'd have the same exact mountain such that any new mods could be pictured the same if I'm not around to do them?

I've started working on the catalogue for Water Mods. I've downloaded all the ones in CasperVg's list plus all I could find on the STEX. I haven't counted how many pics it will be, but I get the feeling it's about the same 40ish as the rocks. Will I just post all of them like I did here and then you'll fix it how it ought to be?

This is awesome work, great job! :yes:  Very well done!

I think the rock mod I use is missing from your list . . .  But I'm not sure it's an appropriate add, as it's not a rock mod that was released by itself.  The rock mod I use is part of the Gobias Sudden Valley terrain mod - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2867.  It works well with the HD terrain mods I've tried but requires a convolution or two to install by itself  . . . 

• Original Poster
  • 1 hour ago, Aleister said:

But I'm not sure it's an appropriate add, as it's not a rock mod that was released by itself.  The rock mod I use is part of the Gobias Sudden Valley terrain mod

It's definitely appropriate. The ones that are combined with other things didn't come up in my search. That's why user feedback like yours will help me make this better. I'll get it extracted, shot, and edited in soon. Prolly not this evening tho.

• Original Poster
  • I edited in two more pics in post 1.

• The Rock Mod included in Gobias's Sudden Valley Terrain mod
    • The Rock Mod included in Gobias's Berner Oberland Terrain mod

It's quite likely I will find more rock mods when I get to my Terrain Shoppe thread. In the meantime feel free to post linkys to any other rock mods I've missed. My intention is to make this the most comprehensive picture catalogue extant.

Also note that the combination of all the various terrain-related mods can have an affect on the overall appearance. For example, here's the same mountain with the complete Berner Oberland package installed:

56-23b-Rocks.jpg

Once I complete the separate threads for Rock / Water / Beach / Terrain / Tree mods I plan to have one overview thread with linkys to each of these separate threads. The idea being I'll show a few representative examples there of some combinations and suggest peeps mix and match for their own tastes.

On 10/09/2016 at 1:20 AM, CorinaMarie said:

While you are doing your magic, will that also mean the pics get stored at ST rather than my Photobucket site? If that is an option, I feel it'd be a good idea in case PB ever decides to toast my free account.

Your images wouldn't automatically be transferred to ST -- but that's a good idea. Indeed in the past, some resources were badly affected, or even rendered unusable because of these external hosts (ImageShack comes to mind). Hopefully Photobucket is a bit more considerate to its users, but I'll save a local backup of them just in case...

On 10/09/2016 at 1:20 AM, CorinaMarie said:

Also, would you want my city tile file so you'd have the same exact mountain such that any new mods could be pictured the same if I'm not around to do them?

That might be handy if you'd like to attach it here, I hope you do stay around though! ;)

On 12/09/2016 at 0:30 PM, CorinaMarie said:

Once I complete the separate threads for Rock / Water / Beach / Terrain / Tree mods I plan to have one overview thread with linkys to each of these separate threads. The idea being I'll show a few representative examples there of some combinations and suggest peeps mix and match for their own tastes.

Sounds good, I'd be more than happy to pin the overview thread. We're actually planning a big cleanup of pinned threads (update info, formatting, fix links, etc), so resources like these are just what we're looking for.

Thanks again for all the work you've put in with these. It must be a tiresome task, hence why it's never been done especially to this scale. But for the community, they will be incredibly useful to members new and old.

I've been especially busy the past few days, but I'll get onto the index links hopefully in the next day or so.

• Original Poster
  • 1 hour ago, Cyclone Boom said:

I'll save a local backup of them just in case...

Yay! And for everyone else, I suggest doing a web page save. Like File --> Save Page As --> Web Page, Complete 

1 hour ago, Cyclone Boom said:

That might be handy if you'd like to attach it here, I hope you do stay around though! ;)

Ok, I'll attach the relevant tile to the first post in each of my Shoppes. And I do plan to stay for a long, long time. It's just the universe sometimes has a perverse sense of humor. If I disappear, it's not by my choice.

It must be a tiresome task, hence why it's never been done especially to this scale.

True. It is. But I take pride in the result and that makes it worthwhile. Especially when I see those hearts which tells me other peeps appreciate it. I believe playing a lot with an old Erector Set taught me how to endure repetitive things. (Hand-me-down toys of my dad's.)

But for the community, they will be incredibly useful to members new and old.

I sure hope so. I've mentioned before that I feel being brand new to the game gives me a good insight into what would be nice to find on day one of joining ST. ;)

• Original Poster
  • 22 hours ago, Odainsaker said:

I don't think I saw it mentioned unless it has a different name for English downloads, so here is Orange's Les Roches de l'Aubrac v 1 from the ToutSimCities website.

Thank you. I've got it and shot it and edited it in. I've also added 6 others. 2 separate ones I found and 4 that are with Terrain Mods that have separate rock mods with them.

It's community help like yours that'll help me make these shoppes complete. :)

Other goodies can be found in the SHK HD Rock Mods by shokthrpy.

I'm torn now...Heblem's Tropical Mossy Rock Mod 1 is almost exactly what I want and it looks very good at small scale with rich flora, but I have become a junkie for the non-stretched look of HD mods.  Decision, decisions...

EDIT:  I think I have sold myself on the darkly volcanic SHK HD Rock Mod 03.

Edited by Odainsaker  

On 2016-09-13 at 5:39 PM, CorinaMarie said:
    On 2016-09-13 at 5:18 PM, Cyclone Boom said:

I'll save a local backup of them just in case...

Yay! And for everyone else, I suggest doing a web page save. Like File --> Save Page As --> Web Page, Complete

Apparently CorinaMarie was having problems saving her back-up files like this. 

I use Firefox as well but usually what I do is a bit more involved.

I copy the "entire" file, pictures and all, copy to the Libre Office text file (I no longer use Microsoft Office), make sure everything is copied correctly and then save as a PDF file as it compresses the file size.  I use a virtual printer to create the Adobe PDF and save to My Documents.

I just tried this with the Rock Mod and it worked just fine (has 84 (gasp) pages for reference and 6.49 MB)

Hope this helps if anyone wants to save to their PC.

Thanks, this is wonderful! I like seeing them all at once as you have it. When there's so much content to work with now, I've thought lists would be helpful for different kinds of lots like hospitals, or brutalist architecture, whatever, etc. Obviously we can search, but it's kind of nice to have them curated from the various fan sites. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Toby Ferrian
        wait what do you mean cori's not doing this one? oh okay fine i'll do it then
        Since @CorinaMarie got lazy politely requested that I write this, I present to you,
        Cori Jolteon Ferrian's Tree Shoppe  by Toby Ferrian@Simtropolis
        A picture catalogue of (almost) every known Tree Controller Mod for SimCity 4
        Note: I did not create any of these mods. This thread is simply to display each tree controller mod using the same city tile for easy comparison. If you find this useful bookmark or follow this thread. All images are hosted right here on Simtropolis, except for the gifs, which are hosted on Gfycat, so they will likely be around for as long as the site stays up. All of the content in this post is freely available under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license, meaning you can share any part of this post as long as you attribute it to me.
        For people with 16:9 (or other wide screen) monitors, or a dual monitor setup, you can open this thread in two separate windows side by side. This allows you to have independent scroll bars to compare specific mods, but if you spread it across multiple monitors there may be some slight color difference between the two.
        For those that don't know what a tree controller is: A tree controller mod is a mod that replaces the trees that appear when you use the god mode tree brush.
        Other Threads in Cori's Shoppe Series:
        Cori's Water Shoppe (Links to and Pictures of every Water Mod) Cori's Beach Shoppe (Links to and Pictures of every Beach Mod) Cori's Terrain Shoppe ( Links to and Pictures of every Terrain Mod) Cori's Rock Shoppe (Links to and Pictures of every Rock Mod) Note: If you download a mod and have any difficulty with it and when all else fails, read the ReadMe instrructions that come with it.
        All of the pictures below were taken of the same hill with Maxis textures and shadows disabled. Due to the limited terrain variation not all trees are shown, and results may vary depending on your terrain and textures.
        If there are any tree controllers I forgot to add, let me know and I'll add them as soon as possible.
        Edit (05 07 2018):
        We have started testing the tree controllers to see if they work with the flora blast command.
        If you would like to help, and use any of the tree controllers that haven't  yet been tested, open any city tile and use the flora blast 3000 3000 3000 cheat and share your results here. This post will be updated accordingly.
        The spoilers contain important information, so check them.
        Maxis trees:

Cascadia Tree Controller by blunder:
        Does not work with flora blast

My personal favorite tree controller.
        Pacific Northwest Tree Controller by blunder:

CPT Italia Tree Controller by c.p.:

CPT Olympic Coast Tree Controller by c.p.:

CPT Missouri Breaks Tree Controller by c.p.:

Yes, it's supposed to look this barren. With this tree controller, trees only show up in areas with high moisture. To find areas with high moisture, use this mod.
        CPT Meadowshire River Tree Mod by c.p.:
        Works with flora blast

Like the Missouri Breaks tree controller above, it's supposed to be this barren.
        CPT Painted Desert Tree Controller by c.p.:

HBS Yucatan Tropical Tree Mod 1:

HBS Californian Mediterranean Tree Controller:

HBS Chihuahuan Desert Flora Mod

Central European Tree Controller by 11241036

ARDEN Seasonal Tree Controllers by vortext:

This is the "Coast Regular" variant of the mod, the rest will be added at a later date.
        FedEx Tree Controller by missing dependencies:

This is what you get when you don't read the ReadMe-s and descriptions, and don't install the dependencies. So again, read everything in the description and ReadMe file for the mod you choose. Unless, of course, you like the brown boxes enough to fill your city tiles with them.
      • By CorinaMarie
        Cori's Water Shoppe  by CorinaMarie@Simtropolis
        A picture catalogue of every known Water Mod for SimCity 4
        Note: I did not create any of these mods. This thread is simply to display each water mod using the same city tile for easy comparison. If you find this useful feel free to use your browser's Save As function and do a Save Complete Web Page. This will give you an offline copy with all the pictures. My content is freely available for use by anyone. You can even make a duplicate thread on any other site if you like. Please, just be sure to give me credit for the original creation.
        For peeps with 16:9 (or other wide screen) monitors you could open this thread in two separate windows side by side.  This would allow you to have independent scroll bars to compare specific mods. It would also work if you have dual monitors tho there may be some slight color difference between the two.
        Other Threads in Cori's Shoppe Series:
        Cori's Rock Shoppe (Linkys to and Pictures of every Rock Mod) Cori's Beach Shoppe (Linkys to and Pictures of every Beach Mod) Cori's Terrain Shoppe (Linkys to and Pictures of every Terrain Mod) Cori's Jolteon's Tree Shoppe (Linkys to and Pictures of almost every Tree Mod) And see: C.O.R.I.M.A.P.S. - A Tutorial for SimCity 4 (Quick alternative realistic map making method)

Note: If you download a mod and have any difficulty with it and when all else fails, read the ReadMe instructions that comes with it.
        I do have Ennedi's HD Sandstone1 Brown Rock Mod installed, but otherwise my game is vanilla.

Let's start with the default Maxis blue water:

And here I'm showing the underwater view. I hope I've designed this so all aspects of the water mods will show their various colors based on elevations.

Water Mods by dogfight contains 3
        Cold Blue:

Marshy:

Muddy Lake:

Joergs Water Mod 2 contains 10
        Black Sea:

Bloody Nile:

Caribbean Dream:

Emerald Isles:

Icy Arctic:

Mediterranean:

Muddy River:

Northern Pacific:

Rivers of Lava:

Yellow Puke:

Mas71 Water MODs (v1.0) contains 5
        Waters_100:

Waters_200:

Waters_300:

Waters_400:

Waters_500:

PEG WATER MOD Brigantine:

SHK Brigantine 2.0 contains 8
        BluGrn:

ClrBlue:

DkBlue:

Emerald:

LtBlue:

Orig:

Silt:

Teal:

PEG WATER MOD Clipper:

PEG WATER MOD Windjammer:

PEG WATER MOD Hawaiian Holiday:

PEG WATER MOD Crystal Lagoon:

SMP Teal Water Mod:

SMP Paradise Blue Water Mod:

^ This looks to me just like Maxis blue. Is it just me? Is the mod broken? Is there an unlisted dependency?

Runamuck's HD Water MOD v1:

ELSHA WATERMOD:

^ This one looks vastly different depending on zoom.

Realistic Water v1 by Joerg and Teirusu:

Drunken Water Mods, The Blues and Greys. In HD! contains 6
        Blue1:

Blue2:

Blue5:

Grey:

Grey1:

Grey3:

Ocean River MOD final 1.1 contains 6 with 4 variations each
        This one goes beyond the typical single .dat file. Be sure to check out the Readme.html file in the download. For the following pics I did install the TerrainProperties.dat and the WaterSurface_256.dat. There are also 4 other files for blending. I skipped those in favor of brevity.
        DeepSea_5F5F00:

DeepSea_669966:

DeepSea_669999:

ShallowWater_5F5F00:

ShallowWater_669966:

ShallowWater_669999:

Gobias HD Water Pack 1 (v1.0) contains 3
        All 3 of the Gobias Water Mod Packs have two variations tweaked for use with either Lowkee or Gobias Terrain Mods. There's also a Berner Oberland Shore Patch for two different altitudes. Check out the Readme files in the download. For the following pics I used the GB version.
        GB Bodensee:

GB Seto Inland Sea:

GB Staten Island:

Gobias HD Water Pack 2 (v1.0) contains 3 (see comments under pack 1 above)
        GB Cape Cod Bay:

GB Caribbean:

GB Mississippi River:

Gobias HD Water Pack 3 (v1.0) contains 3 (see comments under pack 1 above)
        GB Chicago River:

GB Inside Passage:

GB Loch Lomond:

LK_StarterSet (v1.0)

Coastal Modd
        Ok, so this one contains:
        10 Offshore Textures 14 Inshore Textures 9 Foreshore Textures 6 Beaches Be sure to check out the Readme file included in the download. Since this could yield a zillion combinations I simply picked the Offshore and Inshore .dats which have corresponding color names to illustrate here.
        DkBlue:

DkCyan:

Emerald:

Green:

Ice:

Overcast:

Steel:

Tropic:

Turbid:

Ultramarine:

Sudden Valley Terrain Mod (v1.0)
        SV Water.dat only:

Berner Oberland Terrain Mod (v1.0)
        BO Water and Shore Mod.dat only:

Tobermory Style Water VERII:

Edmonton Water Texture VERII:

Sharp Teal Water Texture:

Tobermory Style Water VERI:

Minnetonka Style Water:

Pennsylvania Style Water:

BBlue Water Texture:

Tropical Style Water Modd:

PEG Stream Kit Water:

Oppie Canal Water:

Green Water:

Auckland Water Texture:

Purple Water Texture:

Bright Blue Water v2:

Japan Water Pack contains 5
        blendedjapan:

japan01:

japan02:

japan03:

japan04:

Barbados Water Pack contains 8
        barbados01:

barbados02:

barbados03:

barbados04:

barbados05:

barbadosblend2:

barbadosblend:

barbadosblendblur:

Water Pack 2
        Baltimore:

Blood:

Chesapeake:

Fiery-Darker:

Fiery-Lighter:

Flamesrock:

Medium Blue:

Metallic Grey:

Navy Blue:

Tropical:

Venice:

Wintry:

Yellow:

Edmonton Style Water:

Port Huron Style Water:

Muddy Grey Water:

Dark Green Water:

Bright Blue Water:

San Fransisco Style Water:

Rocky Bottom Water Texture:

Timotheus4 Water Pack contains 12
        algae:

^ Same as: Algae Water

drkmud:

^ Same as: Dark Mud Water

embrx02:

^ Same as: Emerald Brownish Try Two

emerald brownish:

^ Same as: Emerald Brownish Try One

Fadedblue:

^ Same as: Faded Blue Water

hotpink:

^ Same as: Hot Pink Water

muddy:

^ Same as: Muddy Water

natu-rals:

^ Same as: Natural Water

reddx01:

^ Same as: Reddish Water

richblu02:

^ Same as: Rich Blue Water

ukwx01:

^ Same as: UK Water X01

ukwx02:

^ Same as: UK Water X02

So, when peeps ask: Which water mod should I get?, show them this thread so they can compare and decide.

P.S. If I've missed any water mods, feel free to post a linky to their download and I'll get them screenshotted and edit them into this post. I plan to make similar threads for Beach, Terrain, and Tree mods. You can already get your rocks off here. (I might take a bit of a break tho. This is a tedious and boring task I've set for myself.) I hope everyone makes good use of my reference threads.

Attached is the medium size city tile I've used for these pics that way you can make your own with the exact same location.
        City - Water Mods.sc4
      • By CorinaMarie
        Cori's Beach Shoppe  by CorinaMarie@Simtropolis
        A picture catalogue of every known Beach Mod for SimCity 4
        Note: I did not create any of these mods. This thread is simply to display each beach mod using the same city tile for easy comparison. If you find this useful feel free to use your browser's Save As function and do a Save Complete Web Page. This will give you an offline copy with all the pictures. My content is freely available for use by anyone. You can even make a duplicate thread on any other site if you like. Please, just be sure to give me credit for the original creation.
        For peeps with 16:9 (or other wide screen) monitors you could open this thread in two separate windows side by side.  This would allow you to have independent scroll bars to compare specific mods. It would also work if you have dual monitors tho there may be some slight color difference between the two.
        Other Threads in Cori's Shoppe Series:
        Cori's Rock Shoppe (Linkys to and Pictures of every Rock Mod) Cori's Water Shoppe (Linkys to and Pictures of every Water Mod) Cori's Terrain Shoppe (Linkys to and Pictures of every Terrain Mod) Cori's Jolteon's Tree Shoppe (Linkys to and Pictures of almost every Tree Mod) And see: C.O.R.I.M.A.P.S. - A Tutorial for SimCity 4 (Quick alternative realistic map making method)

Note: If you download a mod and have any difficulty with it and when all else fails, read the ReadMe instructions that comes with it.

Ok, let's start off with plain vanilla:

Now, let's extend the beach area a wee bit. Using Limitless_Beach.dat from Beach Modd:

Or, even more beachiness using Beach Extend Mod 1.0:

And for all of the following pics, the above Beach Extend Mod is installed.

White Gravel Beach mod:

Riverside Beach Mod:

HD White Sands Beach Mod:

HD Sandy Beach Mod:

Beach Modd contains 7
        Arctic Beach:

Black Sand Beach:

Grass Beach:

Grey Rocky Beach:

Mud Beach:

Snow Beach:

White Sand Beach:

SMP Black Sand Beach mod:

Basaltic Sands Texture mod 1.0.0:

Gobias HD Beach Pack (v1.0) contains 8 (there's 4 tweaked for Lowkee and 4 for Gobias terrains) I'm showing the 4 Gobias ones.
        GB Cape Cod Beach:

GB Nantucket Beach:

GB St. Lucia Beach:

GB Vancouver Island Beach:

LK_StarterSet (v1.0)
        LK_StarterSet_Beach.dat:

Sudden Valley Terrain Mod (v1.0)
        SV Beach.dat:

Berner Oberland Terrain Mod (v1.0)
        BO Beach Mod.dat:

Coastal Modd contains 9
        The Foreshores .dats are the textures for the beach terrain. There are also 6 Beach .dat files which are for ploppable beaches. Special thanks to @rivit for clarifying these for me cause I was confuzzled about them.
        Here's just a quick sample. First vanilla for both beach terrain and a beach lot:

And here using GreySandBeach.dat with GreySandForeshore.dat:

And now back to just the beach terrain textures.
        Brown Rock Foreshore:

Brown Sand Foreshore:

Green Rock Foreshore:

Grey Rock Foreshore:

Grey Sand Foreshore:

Pink Sand Foreshore:

White Sand Foreshore:

Yellow Rock Foreshore:

Yellow Sand Foreshore:

Runamuck's HD Shoreline MOD v1:

CPT Painted Desert Terrain Mod
        CPT_B_MoabBeach_Optional.dat only:

CPT Olympic Terrain Mod 1
        CPT_B_OylmpicBeach_Optional.dat only:

CPT Missouri Breaks Terrain Mod
        CPT_B_MissouriBreaksBeach.dat only:

Columbus Terrain Mod von Cycledogg
        CPT_B_ColumbusBeach_Optional.dat only:

Socorro Terrain Mod [V. 2]
        _beach_.dat only:

So, if anyone asks: Which Beach Mod should I get?, show them this thread so they can compare and decide.

P.S. If I've missed any Beach Mods, feel free to post a linky to them and I'll get them screenshotted and added here.

Attached is the city tile I used for these pics in case you want to make the same comparison. (Note to guests: You prolly can't download this attachment, but when I finish all my Shoppes threads, I'll also make a STEX download for all the tiles.)
        City - Beach Mods.sc4