Cyclone Boom

Simtropolis 9.0.x - Bugs & Issues Report Thread

480 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi everyone!

With a completely new forum software, it's time for a brand new bugs thread...

When reporting issues, it always helps to be as descriptive as possible, such as by including the following info:

• A summary of the issue.
  • Screenshots / videos to highlight what's wrong (with annotations if applicable).
    Images are best uploaded to an online image host, and the direct link pasted into the editor.

• Your system info (e.g. browser version / operating system, device type).
  • When the issue started, or how often it can be reproduced.
  • Any error messages shown?

This can help us to reproduce the problems, and then work on finding solutions. ;)

Thanks all for your help!

Known bugs and issues can be found below in the following post. We'll work and aim to get these fixed ASAP.

• Original Poster
  • Known Site Bugs & Issues  (Listed in estimated priority, with more major issues highlighted)

• Intermittent performance issues with the site Leaderboard feature. [More info]

• Formatting issues on some previously uploaded STEX files. This causes the page layout to be broken, such as moving the download button from its intended position. [For example]

• Minor formatting issues on STEX categories (e.g. link colour, font size). This could possibly be related to the dropdown menu issue.

• In chat, an issue with the text box obscuring the last posted message. [More info]

• An issue with CJ entries occasionally not shown in the correct order on the index list. [More info]

• Unable to upload images to a Gallery album, if you're not the owner of the album.

• Status updates are disabled by default for new members (in profile settings).

• For homepage feature headlines, capitalisation is only shown on the first letter of a word (E.g. "SC4" is displayed as "Sc4").

• On the STEX, the "Top Downloads" and "Top Submitters" sidebar blocks show incorrect totals (currently disabled).

Recently Resolved Issues  (See spoiler below)

Spoiler
    • FIXED!  An issue with inline thread page loading on some browsers. [More info]

• FIXED!  Attachment images are being duplicated when posted or edited. [More info]

• FIXED!  In the search dropdown menu, "Submissions" is listed twice (cosmetic issue only).

• FIXED!  Issue with submenu clipping on user profiles. [More info]

• FIXED!  A notification is shown for new replies to STEX files, even if they were already posted.

• FIXED!  On the STEX and Gallery, the "Find their other files/images" link is broken. [More info]

• FIXED!  An issue on STEX categories, preventing the "Upload New File" dropdown menu selector from working. [More info]

As always, please continue to let us know of any other issues you notice.

Edited by Cyclone Boom  

Update.

I'm also getting the EX1054 issue. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a pattern to the errors, they just occur randomly whilst browsing the forums.

Edit: Seems to always happen when opening the forums for the first time, navigating to them from the homepage.

I'm having the Error code EX1054 everytime in every sub-forum. To visit the sub-forum I have to refresh the page.

If anyone else has this issue, please report in, too. Thanks, guys!

Yup same here, the navigated forum shows up when you hit refresh.     Seems to be more when you are exiting back up the forum tree rather than going in...

I have been getting Error Code EX1054 fairly regularly as well, both when first navigating to the forums an also when navigating up and down the forum trees.  This error appears both on Win 7 IE11 and with Android mobile web.

Error on first loading of almost any topic is endemic for me on Ubuntu 15.04 with Firefox 39.0 canonical 1.0

Edited by A Nonny Moose  

Thanks, all, I'm working on tracking down the issue with Error code:  EX1054  ... sorry, just bear with us

This hopefully should be resolved. If you encounter any after this post please note the time and let me know here.  (PM me or use the @mention to get my attention.)

"Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX1054"

Not a minute ago, Win7, IE 11

Also, I've just tried to swat your fly sig, well done on making it both annoying and believable :P

"Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX1054"

Not a minute ago, Win7, IE 11

Also, I've just tried to swat your fly sig, well done on making it both annoying and believable :P

Thanks, on it...

Trying to choose a new GIF avatar doesn't seem to work. It's saying this type of fily is not allowed (standard .gif)

Also, what happened to those stats showing top posters of the day, all-time posters etc.? Are they gone forever?

Popular contributors is on the forum main page sidebar, bottom.

There are no restrictions for gif avatars.

Things have improved slightly after that last break.  The response time for me on a broadband wired connection is very, very good indeed.

At this time we have

--- www.simtropolis.com ping statistics ---
    5 packets transmitted, 5 received, 0% packet loss, time 8116ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 25.209/32.486/36.563/3.912 ms

I think this can be described as a hot connection.  33 ms is about 10 times faster than the expected worst case for shared sites.  Well done.

Got several bugs since got into new server here....

first I cant get into chat, for somehow this keep loading even for hours wait. Trying different browser (firefox, safari) no luck.

jeLu9.jpg

second I might repost Toothless Stich post above. it seems that even when I try to upload .jpg avatar, it keep say format no supported as well..

Things have improved slightly after that last break.  The response time for me on a broadband wired connection is very, very good indeed.

At this time we have

--- www.simtropolis.com ping statistics ---
    5 packets transmitted, 5 received, 0% packet loss, time 8116ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 25.209/32.486/36.563/3.912 ms

I think this can be described as a hot connection.  33 ms is about 10 times faster than the expected worst case for shared sites.  Well done.

As mentioned in my tweet, there was a network incident last night at around 11:30 PM EST at the datacenter. They were attempting to offload network traffic while they resolved the issue and during that time we had intermittent connectivity. They did resolve the issue a couple hours later.

Got several bugs since got into new server here....

first I cant get into chat, for somehow this keep loading even for hours wait. Trying different browser (firefox, safari) no luck.

second I might repost Toothless Stich post above. it seems that even when I try to upload .jpg avatar, it keep say format no supported as well..

Currently, I'm not seeing any issues with chat... try again?

Trying to choose a new GIF avatar doesn't seem to work. It's saying this type of fily is not allowed (standard .gif)

Also, what happened to those stats showing top posters of the day, all-time posters etc.? Are they gone forever?

Popular contributors is on the forum main page sidebar, bottom.

There are no restrictions for gif avatars.

5cd7e742d1e147444af06aa0c61cadb7.jpg

Still the same error though

About the contributors, isn't that only referring to the rep-points?

Currently, I'm not seeing any issues with chat... try again?

it seems that I find the problem is when try to load the chat server, for somehow it ends up cant find server though nothing happened in the chat windows other than looping stuff.. here what I got when try to load the chat in firefox 39 (latest update)

jlaD4.png

it keep looking up, even for minutes I wait, nothing happened...