6,503 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Well, looks like I need more low density residential.  :lol:

Looks good!

One question though... why is the airport totally disconnected from the city? :P

That has a ferry. Just kidding! That airport isn't functional at the moment. I have been having a hard time making the airport look good so its left at its unfinished state. :P

Well, looks like I need more low density residential.  :lol:

Looks good!

One question though... why is the airport totally disconnected from the city? :P

That's not exactly unusual in the real world, actually.

Looks good!

There might really well be an under-water highway, high speed rail line, subway ect... ;)

What I have been working on lately...

--

Lights will shine bright this December 31. Come and join the celebration as we welcome 2015 with a bang!

5.png

Note: Image courtesy of the Ministry of Internal and External Affairs 

TEiKO. IT'S MORE FUN HERE!

Great use of FAR`s.Luckuly i don`t need to use them too often in my current Region.

Speaking of my Region,i didn`t disappear and neither my RP is dead.I`m just building verrry slow,sometimes i spend one or two hours on a bunch of road blocks.

and because Manhattan has alot of them,it takes much time....

But to tease you alittle bit,here comes a little Overview of the Roosevelt Island / Midtown Area.

As you can see there is still a whole lot to do.Oh and btw,i took this picture to see how it looks with Darknite and the Lighting Replacement Mod.

6635346363333162.jpg

Nice. Are those the Queensbridge projects at the bottom, 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queensbridge_Houses

Thanks.

And yes,those are the beginnings of the Queensbridge Projects.What you see there is only the first steps.The finished PJ`s will be made out of 6 squares,each 14x14 tiles big.In the big picture,you might even recognize the Ravenwood PowerPlant (at least i used a Power Plant that looks pretty much like the original)

I`m using the NYC Housing Projects made by marczar for this areal.

But i guess i need to start developing the Queens Side immediatly,because almost 200000 People are flooding the Queensborough Bridge and the subway to Manhattan per day.They all work in the office highrisers in Midtown or in the small shops that are lining the streets,and these people already cause traffic jams.

Another area that still might need some refurbishement is Roosevelt Island.I tried my best to achieve a good looking combination of modern office towers and the classic 70s (kinda east european like) housing structures.

I think I'm getting back into this game.

re8EaWw.png

Kinderly, did you use seawalls or a canal set here?  I love it and would like to see more. Thanks in advance for any reply!  :thumb:

Lately, I've been working on a massive project for the City of Belmont, located in the country north of Simeri, the country in which existing Saturnia is set.  Belmont is inspired by several European cities, most blatantly Paris and Amsterdam.  I will need time and paitence for this, but there are several buildings I wish to use in this city that do not currently exist in Sim City 4, so I will likely have to make them myself.  Accept these 4 previews for now.

tNJPBVe.jpg

NX3j8WA.jpg

eEWd1Kf.jpg

wb9mxcf.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Ssaidd
      This is the Viaduct Rail Station, placed one first but later a second one
      the problem is i can't delete it. i destroy it but it stays
      is this a bug problem?

are there any options??

• By The British Sausage
      The vanilla game has basic weather but throw in photoshop and suddenly it's snowing! It's raining! It's foggy!
      This is the thread to post your weather pictures be they photoshopped or modded game mechanics.
      I'll get this rolling...

Heavy fog.

Low-down mid-morning cloud.
    • By dannyd1993
           So, I haven't played in about 10 years. I re-installed the game about a month ago, which was an adventure in itself, with the windows 10 disc situation. I have spent over two weeks building my plugins folder, trying out different terrain mods and tree controllers. I've downloaded about 2gb worth of custom content, (half of that is dependencies). Many of the lots I got, I want to edit. The lots themselves and especially the properties, including cost, capacity, coverage, etc. I am pretty familiar with the Maxis Lot Editor and Plugin Manager, as I used to do a little custom editing to lots long ago. If I download a custom lot with a Lot, Model and Desc. file. I can easily do what I need to do in the aforementioned programs. Since my return, there have been many changes. Many new lots have a DAT file, which is new to me. There are new programs, namely the SC4PIM (or X-PIM) and Ilive's reader. These also are new to me and I'm struggling with them, even with the tutorials found here. I'm not very savvy when it comes to computers. I'd say on a scale of 1-10, I'm like a 4 or 5. But I can follow directions. I'm sure, given enough time, I'll get familiar with them. Let me try to get to my questions...The first thing I wanted to modify are the substations by Simmer2.

These are beautiful lots and I'd like to use them, but I want to make some changes to suit my needs. First, I'd like to make the substations Waste to Energy Plants. This will eliminate the need for landfills and power plants all over my region. Secondly, I'd like to change the cost, power output, etc. But since these are DAT files. I can't do that with the programs I am used to. I may be able to do it in the reader program, but I am totally befuddled when I try to examine these there. So, I thought I'd just relot them since I have all the props I need. Also, these questions apply to other relots I plan to do, even if I do figure out how to do these particular lots in the reader.

As I was searching the lot files here, I came across the BLaM Blank...

I decided to give these a try, but I have run into what may or may not be a problem, and I was hoping to get some clarification. So, what I did in preparation to do the relots was I copied the blank.

And I made three copies. Changing them to this...

Changing the first part of the file name, but leaving the numbers as were. But when I open the PIM, it only shows one of these. The last one alphabetically. Which is Substation_3.

I'd like to know why this is. I wasn't sure if I should change the numbers a little or get rid of them altogether. Would it matter if I named the file: DD_Substation_1.SC4Model? I'm not sure what the numbers mean or if I should even mess with them. If I leave these like this and I make say, 10 lots renaming them in like manner, will the last DESC file to load control all lots with that blank model? Another thing I notice here is the word "blank" appears under the column "Name". Is this what's going on here? If so, how do you change that? Anyways, these are the questions I have thus far. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Even more so if someone can walk me through making these changes in the reader program concerning these particular files.
    • By tails2489
      There is a tonne of amazing custom content on the exchange including maps.
      A lot of the maps I've installed and played are laid out in large cities only however and in a perfect grid. I prefer randomness with medium and small cities scattered about.
      How can I change the config file on an existing region without messing up the existing terrain that I like?
    • By Ssaidd
      my sc4 crashes sometimes when im testing subway/GLR

i dont know why, is it because of too much plugins?