Haljackey

Show Us What You're Working On

4,729 posts in this topic Last Reply

Some new SC3K stuff coming this weekend. One is a Clark Gas Station (a chain common in the midwest) which is basically a redo of my Shell station and another is an updated version of HBMeeks Plaza originally found in SimArchitect. The original building had a KMart, a Hollywood Video, and a couple other out of business chains so I felt it needed to be updated. Whoever HBMeeks is, your buildings were great, and I really appreciate your work.

5955b08b52730_Reid-May.162062-43907.jpg.21a91771815d722fa3426263dcf92680.jpg

1 hour ago, Simmer2 said:

You think I should include them in my next prop pack?

That's no easy question. You know, there are very common props and they will be used very often. There are very special props and they will be used rarely. But this says nothing about the quality and the beauty of a prop. It happened quite often I was lotting and had some idear and was searching for a prop matching this idear and I spent half a day searching through dozends of prop packs.  Or one could say: 'not common' and 'not needed' aren't the same. Sometimes the uncommon is exactly what is needed.

Maybe you won't need a big variety of those tandem trucks and maybe if there are one or two versions with a neutral texture is enough. But as they are nice and you'll never know what might come in handy - I wouldn't exclude them for the reason they are not common.

Again on the Wiscosa cars - I'm on a different computer atm and now the colour looks right. So sorry - the 'violet' touch I mentioned seems to be a graphic issue on my part.

On 30-6-2017 at 1:20 AM, Tyberius06 said:

Hi everyone!

I'm a bit under motivated right now with lotting, so just enjoy playing in my cities, and anyway I'm waiting for @Simmer2 new props and some new NSB overlays and @Angry Mozart's rail props. And I was traveling in Spain the first 2 weeks of June, so I was a bit away from SimCity anyway.

But here is some picture about my latest city. More or less in every new citytile I try to use different residental and commercial buildings, we have God knows how many very nice plugins over at the exchanges and I want to try my collection to see, how they look like.

NoirCity - Suburbiana is rather kind of US style, I started to use JBSimio's, Marcszar's, the BSP/mipro Team and mattb325's beautiful creations with DiegoDL's and APTX's larger commercial BATs. And of course I can repeat myself, that in my cities the realism hasn't got any priority, I use and put the building/road/highway network as I like at that moment... :)

1. An early state of development. First I tried to draw the main highway and rail line system (well, don't get confused with the random appearing rail tracks, they are mosly markers for the canal system).

NoirCity-Suburbiana-Sep.5311498330706.pn

- Tyberius

Great transit networks ! HSR elevated station ? Highway express way inbetween canals looks nice;, dedicated highway only access remains little problem, church bt so isolated on the island maybe a bit of offgrid vntage city away from the mayor canal structure would help, well done !

18 hours ago, Simmer2 said:

@AsimPika3172 I may. However I do have several labels already made. We will see.

Thank you kindly for the likes and replies.

I'm wondering if these new massive tandem trucks I made would have a place in SC4. I have never seen them ingame.

You think I should include them in my next prop pack?

Samples.
Cz4Vwsq.jpg
y2H1fqP.jpg
vxWUtxd.jpg
q0XkpRi.jpg

Simmer2

Allmost complete only a truckloading faciltiy maybe missing, well done !

Years ago I started a project to index the various SC4 exchanges and what was in them, some of the indexes ended up here

https://city-builders.info/cb-documents

Split into two sections Catalog by Picture and Catalog by Website and another area had about eighteen thousand SC4 plugin pictures, I am now starting the merge of all this information into a new program I installed on the site called RSDirectory, you can find it here

https://city-builders.info/catalog

Its going to be a very long slow job which may never get finished, but hopefully it may help when trying to find a dependency.

-catty

@rsc204Will you release another "unreleased" preview of the Industrial SAM for testing? I ran into some pathing issue on the IND SAM-STR crossings (see picture), and the same thing happened with digonal crossings aswell. I think I'm using the preview v3, but I can see that file is pretty old (26.03.2016). Is there newer version? :)

NoirCity-Suburbiana-Aug.28311498329513.p

By the way, that will be a huge fun, after NAM 36 re-drawing all the (not so small and simple) industrial areas of mine with the official IND SAM :D:D:D But this is a fantastic addition, I hope in the future we can get more SAM versions.

Thank you you work on this too! :)

- Tyberius

2 minutes ago, Tyberius06 said:

@rsc204Will you release another "unreleased" preview of the Industrial SAM for testing? I ran into some pathing issue on the IND SAM-STR crossings (see picture), and the same thing happened with digonal crossings aswell. I think I'm using the preview v3, but I can see that file is pretty old (26.03.2016). Is there newer version? :)

NoirCity-Suburbiana-Aug.28311498329513.p

By the way, that will be a huge fun, after NAM 36 re-drawing all the (not so small and simple) industrial areas of mine with the official IND SAM :D:D:D But this is a fantastic addition, I hope in the future we can get more SAM versions.

Thank you you work on this too! :)

- Tyberius

Very nice, what was the name of that mod showing the direction arrows of the streets and roads or shortcut to show it ?

19 minutes ago, kschmidt said:

Very nice, what was the name of that mod showing the direction arrows of the streets and roads or shortcut to show it ?

It's actually a cheat. After CTRL-X you need to type the drawpath command and hit an ENTER, if you want to hide the paths: CTRL-X hidepaths command.

Quite useful, when you're working with RHW interchanges or OWRs :);)