Haljackey

Show Us What You're Working On

4,495 posts in this topic Last Reply

13 hours ago, Dgmc2013 said:

I'm working in that historic centre in my city:

BnUh3DF.png

qWft9Ns.png

Well, I never worked with a Paris pieces before, so maybe I make something wrong. Anyway.

First time not bad, some repetition obvious, growable or plopable outcome afther all to adjust !orthoginal obvious 1x1 2x2 or 1x2 inbetween or corner pieces, diagonal you have left and right hand corners and neighbouring extension pieces, some filler pieces for real great blocks (german inspired berlin blocks also has these aswell. Some scandinavia and other country w2w inspired orth and diag sets Paris romantisme or german Grunderzeit buildings or more modern flats every european city allmost got it´s own style !

scotttbarry : Small, but already magnificent. I would love to see a neighborhood of this style finished! Good work. *:thumb:

Simmer2 : Wonderful work, they will go very well in the big docks! :D

On 5/29/2017 at 9:37 PM, RRetail said:

For all your shopping needs....

Untitled.jpg

With more to come!

love it!  I always though it would look good with  a Biglots or such at the end of the stripmall

On 25/06/2017 at 8:45 AM, feyss said:

@Dgmc2013 Nice pictures! If I may give you some advices, you should use the Euro roads from the NAM and some SAM paved streets and it would be perfect!

Yeah, the SAM streets makes a difference in this type of area, after your recomendation, I think used the SAM streets and the NAM roads to combine. I appreciate your advice!

On 24/06/2017 at 0:27 PM, kschmidt said:

First time not bad, some repetition obvious, growable or plopable outcome afther all to adjust !orthoginal obvious 1x1 2x2 or 1x2 inbetween or corner pieces, diagonal you have left and right hand corners and neighbouring extension pieces, some filler pieces for real great blocks (german inspired berlin blocks also has these aswell. Some scandinavia and other country w2w inspired orth and diag sets Paris romantisme or german Grunderzeit buildings or more modern flats every european city allmost got it´s own style !

Well, I have plop all the buildings, but I understand your point. Indeed have a blanks spaces, but as I say, I never used that pieces. Anyway, your comment is good, and I will try make a little changes for fill this spaces. Thanks!

2 hours ago, clubmanagersamsclub said:

love it!  I always though it would look good with  a Biglots or such at the end of the stripmall

@RRetail this isn't a bad  idea 

39 minutes ago, Evanjs said:

@RRetail this isn't a bad  idea 

3 hours ago, clubmanagersamsclub said:

I'll see what I can do.

@Simmer2 - you're doing great again. The car filling looks very realistic. If you go on this way - industries won't be anymore the 'dirty part' of the game you put on the corners of your city tile - but the most spectacular you want to put in the center. Even better: to create largr petrochemistry areas covering most of the tile will become possible. I'm looking forward to play with these. Thanks in advance.

Strangely the european trucks look slightly overscaled to me compared to the train cars (while the american - in the post before - don't). It's because of the different cabin or just me?

oil%20train.jpg

Also, from the picture - the Wiscosa train cars seems a little bit too much violet and to bright compared to the Aral ones - aren't they a dark blue? But I never saw a real one (only pictures) - so I can't really judge.

@Fantozzi Due to the higher cabin it does look a bit bigger. In your defense, in order to compensate for the bigger cabin perspective, I did increase the size of the trailer tank by 10%.

Tons of items were made either over scale or under scale in SC4. Where do you stop and where do you start. Furthermore, sometimes you have to make objects a tiny bit bigger in order to have more details when rendering. Case in point, people in game are 3m on average. (I checked it out). I usually start with real life measurement when making props and then use existing textures (example, rail and roads) in order to make the props fit. Oh and by the way, that last picture you posted has a very skewed perspective.

I will look at the Wiscosa car base color a bit closer. On my screen it looked right.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Simmer2