Haljackey

Show Us What You're Working On

4,740 posts in this topic Last Reply

4 hours ago, SneakyDeaky said:

Dreadnought, I love the park there. Has a nice Victorian vibe to it. The green benches and the column are perfect. I assume there is a lot of relotting there but are you using any particular paths?

Yo, SneakyDeaky --

There was a bit of re-lotting done.  The park paths I used as a base set are Paeng's WSP set.  I simply removed the formal hedges because their prop "footprint" was so pervasive that I was unable to use landscape MMP's on them.  I added a few people to each tile -- several of them were the "NAM Sims" -- and I added a BSC high orange cone light.  I rather like the orange lighting effect.  The large wildflower tiles were also custom lotted from the standard prop mix -- but other than that, everything is pretty much "off the rack".  I like to try to make innovative arrangements using what more talented members have provided.

Glad you liked it -- *:kitty:

20 hours ago, RRetail said:

Make a certain building into a prop.

Thats what I thought, but I don't know how to do that. I will have to do some research and see if there is a omnibus article on how this is accomplished.

@matias93: I sense something epic coming up... after that winding railway line leading up into the mountains, I have come to expect great things from you, and the screenshots are very promising already. *:thumb:

@f3cs: Is that the Water Graphics Bug around those beach bars? In any case, I guess it's pretty realistic for an inner-city beach: six-lane traffic rushing past immediately behind, and a beachfront skyline that's... not entirely picturesque. *:P Have you thought about adding some trees to that beach avenue median, and maybe also to the beach side of the avenue? I guess that would make the beach look a bit more cosy, but then again it might not be what you're going for... in any case, I always enjoy your pictures, there's much to look at.

@feyss: OK, very much WIP so far, but knowing you, I have no doubt that we're in for some nice details. The park looks interesting already, and so does the road network!

EDIT

@ericexp: Actually it's pretty simple to turn an existing building into a prop:

1. Make an empty plugins folder
  2. Copy the .sc4model file of the building you want to turn into a prop into that folder
  3. Start the SC4 Plug-in Manager
  4. You should find your model file in the right half of the screen, and on the left half you should see a tree structure with the different kind of building types you can turn a model into - growable or ploppable, commercial or industrial, etc.
  5. Find the category "Prop" (almost at the bottom), click and drag the model file and drop it over that category
  6. A new window will pop up where you can enter a name and some values. Enter a name like "XYZ" in the first tab of that window ("Required"), and you'll find your building as a prop named "XYZ" in the Lot Editor. (careful! You'll only see the building in the list of props if the lot is big enough to accommodate it!)

That's it!

Other values of interest are - in the order of tabs:

• Tab "Common": "is ground model" should be "true", "orient to slope" should be "false"
  • Tab "Advanced": "Appearance zoom flag" should be set to "12345" to make the building appear in all zooms. "Light" should be set to "true" to enable night lights. "Previewable" will determine whether you can see the building when you have the lot on your cursor in game. "Requester" should stay on "Wealth"; the other properties aren't that important.

You can also see a brief description of what each property does at the bottom of the screen.

I hope this helps at least somewhat! *:)

1 hour ago, T Wrecks said:

@f3cs: Is that the Water Graphics Bug around those beach bars? In any case, I guess it's pretty realistic for an inner-city beach: six-lane traffic rushing past immediately behind, and a beachfront skyline that's... not entirely picturesque. *:P Have you thought about adding some trees to that beach avenue median, and maybe also to the beach side of the avenue? I guess that would make the beach look a bit more cosy, but then again it might not be what you're going for... in any case, I always enjoy your pictures, there's much to look at.

I think it is, shouldn't be because it's nothing close to the water.

I have plans to change a little bit the average look of it. There's not much sidewalk as I want in the side where buildings are. This week I will try to see if there's a way to edit a existing NAM pedmall to a another texture for bigger sidewalks in other case, editing buildings so they look to extend the sidewalk are also a good option. Beach umbrellas, beach sports areas are also wanted. Adding trees is a great option, and I'll do it. This is not a finished concept, and I will expand it. Thanks for your kind words, It is always a pleasure!

@Dreadnought I love NBVC's stuff, especially the corals, and I think this looks really good.  I think they look good in really any configuration.  If your going for realism, I'd probably take a look at tropical coastal areas that have a lot of reefs.  One place out of many that stood out to me for having beautiful reefs here in the States was Key Largo in Florida. :thumb:

13 hours ago, Simmer2 said:

Thank you, everyone!

Here are a few more new props. Next pack will be huge!
(this is just a place holder lot for showcase purpose)

Nice facilities, loading - unloading facilties would complete it, as you can see in my updated CJ Mayon Province 2.0 Hartford harbour wich I have plublished today !

@feyss @CT14 @Dreadnought @Simmer2 Too much awesomeness, gentlemen !

@feyss Great to see this kind of medium towns with heavy industries and canals ! Very belgian landscaping if I'm not mistaken, I can't wait to see more of that !

@Dreadnought I may suggest to soften the transition between the corals area and the algae area, despite that it's great to look at imo :thumb: