10 Screenshots

About This File

Plaza Hotel New York, by Mattb325.
---------------------------------------

Like so many buildings in New York city, the Plaza Hotel can claim 'icon' status.

This 20-story landmark building opened in 1907 on Central Park South and the main entrance faces the Grand Army Plaza (from which the Plaza Hotel derives its name).

The building is in a French Renaissance Chateau style. It was extended in 1921 with the addition of a 300 room annexe along W58th St.

This is a complex building - indeed one of the more complex buildings I have batted - with no two elevations the same. 
While the BAT I have made is a fairly faithful interpretation of the real Plaza hotel, in order to get this into a game constrained by 16m2 tiles, I have had to reinterpret some elements of the building.

The main areas that have been deliberately altered  to ensure that this is a good and useful game asset (rather than a strict recreation) are most evident along the W58th St side, which in real life is longer than the Central Park Side. 
To that end I have taken off approx 10m along the W58th St frontage which ensures that the building sits comfortably on 5 tiles and added a matching roof turret for symmetry. 
The front elevation is slightly narrower than the original to ensure that it sits within a 4 tile space. This is to ensure that other W2W buildings, which are typically 2 tiles deep can grow (or be plopped) adjacent to the building and neatly align (as per the screenshots).
Lastly, the roof junk has been deliberately streamlined and simplified to avoid the very cluttered roof-top look of the original building.

All that said, if you believe that a recreation must be 100% accurate, then this BAT is not for you, as I have made the changes to the building in order to ensure that it is a good and useful game asset.

The building comes in a growable CS§§§ 4x5 lot, a ploppable CS§§§ 4x5 lot and a growable R§§§ 4x5 lot.

It grows on the New York tileset and given that is an oversized Chateau, in my opinion would work equally well in a Euro environment.

STATS CS§§§ (Growable & Ploppable):

Lot size :                  4x5
Growth Stage:         8 (High Density Zoning; N/A for ploppable)
Bulldoze Cost:         § 1,255
Capacity Satisfied:  CS§ 8,999 CS§§ 2,252 CS§§§ 903
Pollution:                  45 (Air)/ 30 (Water)/ 60 (Garbage )
Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
Power Consumed:  188 Mwh
Water Consumed:   1,683 Gal/Month
Building Style:          New York (N/A for ploppable)
Occupant Group:     High Wealth Commercial Services Building

STATS R§§§ :

Lot size :                  4x5
Growth Stage:         7 (High Density Zoning)
Bulldoze Cost:         § 1,255
Capacity Satisfied:  R§ 10,143 R§§ 5,600 R§§§ 2,448
Pollution:                  25 (Air)/ 8 (Water)/ 8 (Garbage )
Pollution Radius:    6/7/0
Power Consumed:  217 Mwh
Water Consumed:   288 Gal/Month
Building Style:          New York (N/A for ploppable)
Occupant Group:     High Wealth Commercial Services Building

NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!

If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 

DEPENDENCIES:

* Dayopeace.dat

N.B: this is for the moving flag props and is one of the Maxis files that were available on the official exchange. Most users will have this. However, if you don't, it is available here: https://screwpiledevelopments.com/screw-pile-exchange-spex/maxis-files/
Scroll until you see the 'Day of Peace' and then click on the link. You do not need a drop-box account to download the file (you can dismiss the account creation request and download this as a guest).

NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:

There are none. Your driver circles the block while you and your guests dine inside at the Palm Court. If you don't understand this concept, then don't download *;)

To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.

Thanks.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

JP Schriefer

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

What a wonderful work, Matt! Thank you very much for this one *:)

Share this review

Link to review
tonyr

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

OMG!  Happy holidays to me!!!  Awesome BAT, Matt....thanks!!!

Share this review

Link to review
kingofpop

Your best bat! Make more New york Bat !  :)

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

thank you Mattb325 for another stunning addition to SC4 cityscapes  I also enjoy your explanations of the parking situation with most of your submissions  you have a great sense of humor

Share this review

Link to review
SC4L0ver

Looks great. Until now, every NYC recreation lacked one of their most recognisable landmarks (at least for us who have seen Home Alone 2 *:D) Very well done. :thumb:

Share this review

Link to review
slickbg56

Truly, one of the grandest hotels available on all the STEX. Magnificent work, sir!

Share this review

Link to review
Jack_wilds

so well done... 5/5... that was a quick project for its complexity...

Share this review

Link to review
Hanson784

Incredible work as usual! An absolutely stunning BAT and a masterful rendition of the Plaza Hotel *standing ovation* *:)

Share this review

Link to review
ESP15

OMFG !!!!!!!

I wanted this building !!! thank you very much, I hope you can upload many more emblematic of the city of new york.

Absolutly Magnific !!!

Share this review

Link to review
edwardjeria

a masterpiece, that many of us wished ... and finally, thanks to you, is here ... thanks

Share this review

Link to review
simlacroix

Words fail me Matt for this is just pure perfection, well done! What a treat! :D

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By Robban040
      Current project:
      Malmö Airport, Sweden (ESMS/MMX)

(go to the last page of this journal for more screenshots)

So I decided to start a new project, mainly due to the fact that my last city kept on crashing since the last patch.
      So anyway here it goes!;
      We start on small scale with a small village in a tropical mountainous landscape.

With such hot climate there quite alot of power demand keeping all those AC's up and running!

The railyard with the power plant in the background.

One of the highways going through the area. It aint cheap building those bridges!

• By rsc204
      This package contains a ReLot for the 6x6 version of Mattb325's reimagined Max's Microchips building.
      When Matt released some new I-HT buildings earlier this year, this one in particular stood out for me as one great looking model. As such I couldn't help but go full on with re-designing the lot. Of course, when you do such things, you tend to use a lot of dependencies. So one lot it may be (download), but prepare for the full list of dependencies, it's not for everyone. Frankly if you don't have all Girafe's flora, you're missing out anyhow. Aside from that it's really just 2 dependencies if you think about it .
      The lot in the download is a direct replacement for the 6x6 version from Mattb325's package. Otherwise you need to keep the other files from the original download installed.
      Dependencies
      Building Model
      Flora/Props
      BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02 Girafe Norway Maples Girafe Lupins Girafe Maples Girafe Elms Girafe Daisy Girafe Cypresses Girafe Rowan Trees Girafe Feather Grass Grfe_hedge_3m half size.dat (Included)
      Note this also requires the original hedge props from this download:
                VIP vnaoned Post office building
      Only the file Grfe_hedge_3m.dat from this package is required however. Textures
      MGB IndustrieSAM / SAM11 (NAM Component)
      You must have the SAM11 from NAM36 installed, as this lot uses textures contained in the NAM files. MGB Industrial Textures.dat (Included)
      Note: Options for EU/US, LHD/RHD and custom sidewalks are all included. Please read the Readme file for full details. Installing the complete package will lead to problems, you have been warned. Usage
      This 6x6 lot is best placed on a corner as seen in the screenshot. You can use the BuildingPlop cheat to place it where ever you like, or just allow it to grow normally. If plopping the lot, note it will not generate freight and you should have suitable I-HT demand to accommodate the lot.
      The street connection is not TE (Transit Enabled), instead you must make a fake TE connection using the RHW disconnecter or NAM Rail Viaduct features. See this video (YouTube) for more complete instructions on how:
    • By mattb325
      London Stock Exchange, by Mattb325.
      London Stock Exchange was founded in 1801 and its current premises are situated in Paternoster Square close to St Paul's Cathedral in the City of London. It moved to these smaller premises from the Old Stock Exchange Tower on Threadneedle St in 2004 as modern technology has reduced the need for face-to-face dealings on the trading room floor.
      London Stock Exchange is one of the world’s oldest stock exchanges. The current building on Paternoster Sqaure was designed by Eric Parry Architects and Sheppard Robson Architects. 
      While this is a fairly faithful representation of the real-life building, given the absolutely crazy angles and curves inherent in the original design, not everything is 100% true to real-life; this was done deliberately to ensure that the building can fit comfortably on a 4x4 lot. Additionally, the sun-dial feature on the back wall of the building was omitted because it was too small to be visible in game and the fact that the sun doesn't move in SC4.
      This building is modded as a non-conditional Stock Exchange reward (meaning it can be placed at any time without having met prior conditions).
      It does not over-write the Maxis Stock Exchange reward and can safely be used in conjunction with these (or any relotted version thereof). This reward has been modded with higher CAP relief and jobs values than the Maxis version. Like the Maxis version, this building costs nothing to place and has no monthly cost.
      Placing this Reward provides massive CO§§§ CAP relief, has a landmark effectand also provides up to 155 highly desirable civic jobs.
      If you wish to help develop high-wealth commercial skyscraper districts, then in addition to ensuring the other elements of your city (such as good health, education, correct zones, low crime & other infrastructure) are catered for, placing this reward lot will greatly assist in CO§§§ development.
      It is on a 4x4 lot.

STATS:
      Lot size :                   4x4
      Plop Cost:                §0
      Occupant Groups:  Reward; Stock Exchange; Biz Lawyer Attack
      Wealth:                     High Wealth
      Demand Created:   Jobs§: 23;  Jobs§§: 46; Jobs§§§: 86
      Demand Satisfied: CO§§§ 405,000
      Park Effect:            +0 over 0 tiles
      Landmark Effect:  +120 over 60 tiles
      Pollution:                 Air 6 over 3 tiles, Water 4 over 4 tiles, Garbage 57 over 0 tiles
      Power consumed:   66 MwH
      Water consumed:   66 Gallons/Month
      Bulldoze Cost:        §43,900
      Monthly Cost:         §0
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

This download contains TWO file types in two seperate folders; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
      You must choose only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. 
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 
      DEPENDENCIES:
      To ensure proper functionality, please ensure the following files are in your plugins:
      *BSC MEGA Props - Mattb325Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2383)
      NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:
      Expensive London real estate means little or no open-air parking exists in the city. If you want to add parking textures, then you know what to do.....
      To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
    • By BLANKBLANK
      Entry 1:

So I've been playing SC4 for about ten years now and most of that time was spent with the vanilla version of the game. Then a year ago I saw videos of various mods and whilst aware of their existence I was rather discouraged about using them for fear of their complexity.

Well after some disasters I finally learnt the art of building up a portofolio of plugins as well as managing them correctly. Over the last three months (after I had to remove all the plugins because I did a bad job with the management) I've downloaded about 3.6 GB of plugins: thousands of buildings, thousands more of props, NAM, SAM, X-ports, slope mods, maps, tree controllers, terrains, more utilities plus civic facilities, parks and all sorts.

It's almost overwhelming the choices you have and I've only explored at most a third of all the content I have downloaded. So as such I am still experimenting with my new toys and this is why this CJ is going to be more like a scrapbook. There is no coherent narrative just various pictures of my cities, furthermore there will be all kinds of quirks, oddities, blips and bloopers as I mess around with this huge palette.

I had various requests from my SimCity 2013 CJ about starting a SC4 CJ so here it goes. May I introduce the city of Tamboria (in bits and pieces!).

This is part of Eastern Tamboria.

Here is Tamboria's primary power plant, this is also an important regional power plant as well.

And of course no city can function without an oil terminal...

... or function without substations either. It took me a while but I finally found a substation prop configuration which I found aesthetically pleasing.

While NAM is pretty darn cool, I think the rail catenaries are totally awesome!

Tamboria's main hospital, centre right..

Of course no city is complete without its recreational facilities. Behold Eastern Tamboria's sport's arena which serves both for American football and for track athletics as well.

Complimenting the mayor's generous provision of recreational areas are the mini-parks.

Whilst designated green areas are yet another means for overworked Sims to stretch their feet.

Last, but not least, is the downtown WTC area.

Well that is it for this first entry. The next couple of entries will explore Tamboria more deeply, so stay tuned!

Apologies if the interface appears in some pictures or the grid is present, this is because in my enthusiasm to take snapshots I sometimes forget to minimize the interface. Please note that I will only be posting ONE entry per week for this CJ as I have very little spare time.

Special thanks to all those batters, lotters and modders who have given hardcore SC4 players a mind-blowing plethora of new features. Finally God bless grunge concrete and the grunge roads of paeng's!

Season's Greetings!

xmas popup.jpg

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections