• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

True Earth

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Madrid

9V6OWFy.jpg

Today we're visiting the capital of Spain - Madrid. This metropolis of 3 million residents is situated on a high plateau in the heart of the country and is well known for its temperate climate, elegant avenues, beautiful parks, and famous landmarks. There's plenty of attractions to see here - so let's take a close look at this beautiful capital city.

Our tour gets started off in the outskirts of Madrid where we'll be visiting the legendary El Escorial palace. This iconic landmark was originally constructed in the 16th century and has plenty of history - through the years it's served as a monastery, museum, library, pantheon, basilica, and most importantly the burial place of Spanish kings for nearly 600 years.

AtIXO4v.jpg

With favorable conditions much of the year, the arid landscapes surrounding Madrid are ideal for growing olives. Massive plantations can be seen for miles in the countryside.

tCDpV2c.jpg

We finally arrive in the heart of the city and our first stop is the impressive Palacio Real. The official residence of the Spanish Royal Family until 1931, it's the largest royal palace in all of Europe.

EhyE8kz.jpg

The towers of Puerte de Europa are one of the city's most distinctive sights and serve as symbolic gate into the city.

YDItziZ.jpg

The Cuatro Torres Business Area (Spanish for "Four Towers Business Area") is home to a number of the country's tallest buildings.

ImKteno.jpg

Completed in 1953, Edificio España is one of the city's tallest and most iconic buildings. It's currently undergoing renovations and plans to open as a hotel next year.

NF3bmg4.jpg

Our tour concludes with a look down the city's Gran Via avenue - one of Madrid's most popular and famous tourist destinations.

TKRC4nD.jpg

Don't forget to comment, like, and follow True Earth if you haven't already!

-korver

---

Previous Update: "Tokyo"

VmezkTa.jpg

Thanks to @JP Schriefer, @VALASatoshi, @ByeByeBayou, @art128, @tonyr, @Duco, @Dead_End, @simmytu, @CorinaMarie, @Handyman, @ESP15, @Toby Ferrian, @jakis, @alejolopez13, @Krasner, @Dgmc2013, @mike_oxlong, @bobolee, @Odainsaker, @nRVOUS, @kingofsimcity, @RobertLM78, @redfox85, @pedroac20c, @Tyberius06, @Haljackey, @bladeberkman, @Mascalzone, @The British Sausage, @PaulSawyer, @Androgeos, @Manuel-ito, @Elenphor, @MilitantRadical, @simmaster07, @Marushine, @Wallibuk, @TekindusT, @Bastet69008, @mertzigzag, & @RedDunoVn for the likes & comments!

19 Comments

Recommended Comments

Yepp I've been in Madrid once, last year. It is really a beautiful city with lots of beautiful buildings.
Thanks for making this journay. :)

- Tyberius

Share this comment

You have forgotten the stadium of the best team in the world! Santiago Bernabeu!!! jajajajajaja

Nice work :D 

Share this comment

The Edificio España shot reminded me of some old in-jokes about the creator of that BAT being intimidated by the sheer complexity of the building. Can't really blame him for that though, the actual building has a lot of detailing *;)

Also, that's an amazing scene of El Escorial. Debussyman's BATs really stood the test of time *:yes:

Share this comment

Clapping my hands again at another post of yours. You tackled a very difficult monster in the last picture, these old town Madrid anarchic and narrow streets aren't made at all for SC4. Glad to see you recreated Plaza de España, I find that area of the city especially beautiful (but not its metro station).

Share this comment

@Manuel-ito Thank you very much for the comment! Edificio España is truly one epic building (as well as El Escorial) - those buildings really drew me into the city in particular and inspired me to do the update. I always go out of my way when possible to use Debussyman's work as well in my updates - even though some of his BATs are over 10 years old, they still look fantastic!

@kingofsimcity Appreciate the comment and kind words! *:)

@TekindusT Glad you enjoyed the update! That last pic was a bit of a pain to do with only a few appropriate diagonal BATs and all the crazy angles - but I think it turned out pretty nicely in the end *:) Glad you liked the Edificio España scene as well *:thumb:

@RobertLM78 Thanks for the nice words! Barcelona's on my eventual to do list but it might take a while as I finish up a couple other updates I've been working on *;)

Share this comment

1 hour ago, korver said:

@RobertLM78 Thanks for the nice words! Barcelona's on my eventual to do list but it might take a while as I finish up a couple other updates I've been working on *;)

If you do Barcelona, I'll probably faint in my desk!

Share this comment

@TekindusT I've actually been thinking about doing Barcelona for a while now - the main holdup though is the Sagrada Familia scene which is going to take a custom model (or maybe even more, if I decide to do some sort of time lapse of its construction...) Hopefully I'll find some time for it eventually *;)

@adam_SVK Thanks for the nice words! Most of the orange roofed hoses came from Jack's "Iberiada" set on SimCity Polska from the W2W section there - but unfortunately the site is shutting down soon and it doesn't seem to be accessible anymore sadly.. Some of the admins from the sites though are uploading some files to the new "SimCityPolska" section here, so it could get uploaded eventually but I'm not sure. The other set I mainly used can be found here:

Also, I used a bunch of BATs from Aradras as well.

@Krasner Thank you very much! Glad you enjoyed the olive grove scene - I've been working on a number of other rural scenes as well recently so stay tuned *:)

Share this comment