Jump to content

6,487 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

36 minutes ago, DavidDHetzel said:

@RRetail How big is this going to be?

I'm thinking it would look better in a stripmall . The one near my house is in a strip mall, and it looks just like the one you made.

The building itself is on a lot size of 4x5. This was made purposely bigger then the department stores as the department stores were meant to be in scale with SG's RLS Mall. I strive for realism you know....

I do eventually plan to do just that as most of these greenhouse Krogers were a part of a strip mall sometimes even with a Kmart. Got to start somewhere.

 

2 hours ago, Evanjs said:

I like but I’d like to see one with a Starbucks. Also like to so maybe a longer front building with this greenhouse look also if you’d like a picture I could get you one.

You'll get what you get and you won't throw a fit. The size is right as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RRetail said:

The building itself is on a lot size of 4x5. This was made purposely bigger then the department stores as the department stores were meant to be in scale with SG's RLS Mall. I strive for realism you know....

I do eventually plan to do just that as most of these greenhouse Krogers were a part of a strip mall sometimes even with a Kmart. Got to start somewhere.

 

You'll get what you get and you won't throw a fit. The size is right as it is.

I’m not saying now just maybe later in the  future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple shots of a partially updated Stadium District.  Thought about changing the textures over to match the red bricks I used in the Government District but decided to keep the original.  I did update street lights, trees, landscaping, tables and chairs, and other props to bring them in line with the props I used in the Government District and other recent re-lots I've done.  The large stadium lot still needs to be re-lotted.

Also, has anyone noticed images disappearing on older posts?  I haven't visited this page in awhile and notice the images in many of my older posts (and other users) are gone.

N88sjfm.png

f3FhiSH.png

MGamVwi.png

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, nycsc4 said:

Couple shots of a partially updated Stadium District.  Thought about changing the textures over to match the red bricks I used in the Government District but decided to keep the original.  I did update street lights, trees, landscaping, tables and chairs, and other props to bring them in line with the props I used in the Government District and other recent re-lots I've done.  The large stadium lot still needs to be re-lotted.

Also, has anyone noticed images disappearing on older posts?  I haven't visited this page in awhile and notice the images in many of my older posts (and other users) are gone.

N88sjfm.png

f3FhiSH.png

MGamVwi.png

Thanks!

Yup I noticed. There is a workaround, use the attachment option available instead of html links.

Its working for me....so far.

Simmer2

PS your pics links are not showing *:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Simmer2 said:

Yup I noticed. There is a workaround, use the attachment option available instead of html links.

Its working for me....so far.

Simmer2

PS your pics links are not showing *:D

Interesting.  They were showing when I posted them this morning.  I used to use the manual attachments but eventually that space fills up and becomes unusable.  @CorinaMarie, idk that you’d be the right mod for this but you walked me through the attachment thing before.  Is there a problem with Imgur on here now?  I’d rather not use up my attachment space and I was informed by many here that Imgur was the best option for posting photos.  On top of that I’ve noticed the performance of Simtropolis lately has left a lot to be desired.  Maybe some internal updates are happening?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nycsc4 said:

Interesting.  They were showing when I posted them this morning.  I used to use the manual attachments but eventually that space fills up and becomes unusable.  @CorinaMarie, idk that you’d be the right mod for this but you walked me through the attachment thing before.  Is there a problem with Imgur on here now?  I’d rather not use up my attachment space and I was informed by many here that Imgur was the best option for posting photos.  On top of that I’ve noticed the performance of Simtropolis lately has left a lot to be desired.  Maybe some internal updates are happening?

@nos.17 got the thread linky posted before me, but yes, imgur is blocking hotlinked photos from ST.

For using the attachment option there is a linky when creating a post called Choose Files... and once selected those will show below the post while you are creating it. Then in the message body click the cursor where you want one to show and then click the relevant image. It'll pop into place. I then immediately press the <enter> key twice to position what I'll type next. Note: It's best to use compressed .jpg format to have the smallest file size possible which eats up less of the attachment size allotment.

For the site slowdown a couple days ago, yes this was due to some site updating and some bugs which occurred. Dirk has rolled that back and we should be back to normal speed now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dreadnought said:

The pics I posted on 13 April are still displaying.

Indeed they are, and I can confirm some very good news...

As I've just announced here and it sounds like you've already discovered, Imgur has overturned the block on Simtropolis after a successful appeal. So this means Imgur posted images inside this thread or anywhere on the site (including CJs) will now show again as they did previously. *;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Simmer2 beautiful!!! Most certainly it will be used, I would even say that even more than the rail version, as GLR is much more flexible for tunnelling it (as subway), so is easier to make a full line with only tunnels and trenches.

Still, a 7.5 deep version would be a nice extra with a lot of uses too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Haljackey said:

New avenue through the marshlands

Ipaumy2.jpg

4NwB4KA.jpg

x1xT4N0.jpg

8N7IdyT.jpg

r98QNyU.jpg

Urbanization, roads, highways, rail tracks ? Today I´v linked some video of you, sometime ago to find some greenery and some other questions, maybe raised ? Some weeks ago I downloaded your plugin folder; short detailed lots if present like parks or special custom lots are sacraviced for skyscrapers and basicly NAM absolute essentials and performnce ? SC4 gameplay hard mode strongly in he driection of vanilla gameplay or lack of time may justify a turn into this direction. Still I like what I see in turn of transport networks, wich are awesome, yet you clearly bring te message what your gameplay stand for city building first !

Sincerrely yours,

kschmidt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. I want to go and do some laps/play a  tennis match (or see one) and do some heavy training ! (That big asymetrical sport arena is splendid, BTW. What is it ?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Original Poster
  • 6 hours ago, kschmidt said:

    Urbanization, roads, highways, rail tracks ? Today I´v linked some video of you, sometime ago to find some greenery and some other questions, maybe raised ? Some weeks ago I downloaded your plugin folder; short detailed lots if present like parks or special custom lots are sacraviced for skyscrapers and basicly NAM absolute essentials and performnce ? SC4 gameplay hard mode strongly in he driection of vanilla gameplay or lack of time may justify a turn into this direction. Still I like what I see in turn of transport networks, wich are awesome, yet you clearly bring te message what your gameplay stand for city building first !

    Sincerrely yours,

    kschmidt

    Wait...

    You downloaded my plugins folder?

    I have never distributed my plugin folder - where did you find this? It's a fake.

    tenor.gif?itemid=9069989

    -----

    @nycsc4 Can I move to your city? Looking fantastic! :D

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    6 hours ago, tariely said:

    Wow. I want to go and do some laps/play a  tennis match (or see one) and do some heavy training ! (That big asymetrical sport arena is splendid, BTW. What is it ?)

    I believe it's called New Anfield.  Though I searched high and low for a link and can't seem to find it.

    @Haljackey You are welcome anytime!  Though you may be slightly disappointed in the lack of freeways...

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    9 hours ago, Haljackey said:

    Wait...

    You downloaded my plugins folder?

    I have never distributed my plugin folder - where did you find this? It's a fake.

    tenor.gif?itemid=9069989

    -----

    @nycsc4 Can I move to your city? Looking fantastic! :D

    Sirr,

    See page 9 of the Sharing plugins Folder Discusion !

    Sory can´t make anything else of it,, clearly and blunt !

    Sincerely yours,

    kschmidt

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an Account  

    Sign up to join our friendly community. It's easy!  

    Register a New Account

    Sign In  

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now


    • Similar Content

      • By dannyd1993
             So, I haven't played in about 10 years. I re-installed the game about a month ago, which was an adventure in itself, with the windows 10 disc situation. I have spent over two weeks building my plugins folder, trying out different terrain mods and tree controllers. I've downloaded about 2gb worth of custom content, (half of that is dependencies). Many of the lots I got, I want to edit. The lots themselves and especially the properties, including cost, capacity, coverage, etc. I am pretty familiar with the Maxis Lot Editor and Plugin Manager, as I used to do a little custom editing to lots long ago. If I download a custom lot with a Lot, Model and Desc. file. I can easily do what I need to do in the aforementioned programs. Since my return, there have been many changes. Many new lots have a DAT file, which is new to me. There are new programs, namely the SC4PIM (or X-PIM) and Ilive's reader. These also are new to me and I'm struggling with them, even with the tutorials found here. I'm not very savvy when it comes to computers. I'd say on a scale of 1-10, I'm like a 4 or 5. But I can follow directions. I'm sure, given enough time, I'll get familiar with them. Let me try to get to my questions...The first thing I wanted to modify are the substations by Simmer2.
         
         These are beautiful lots and I'd like to use them, but I want to make some changes to suit my needs. First, I'd like to make the substations Waste to Energy Plants. This will eliminate the need for landfills and power plants all over my region. Secondly, I'd like to change the cost, power output, etc. But since these are DAT files. I can't do that with the programs I am used to. I may be able to do it in the reader program, but I am totally befuddled when I try to examine these there. So, I thought I'd just relot them since I have all the props I need. Also, these questions apply to other relots I plan to do, even if I do figure out how to do these particular lots in the reader.
         
          As I was searching the lot files here, I came across the BLaM Blank...
         
         
           I decided to give these a try, but I have run into what may or may not be a problem, and I was hoping to get some clarification. So, what I did in preparation to do the relots was I copied the blank.
         

         
        And I made three copies. Changing them to this...
         

         
        Changing the first part of the file name, but leaving the numbers as were. But when I open the PIM, it only shows one of these. The last one alphabetically. Which is Substation_3.
         

         
        I'd like to know why this is. I wasn't sure if I should change the numbers a little or get rid of them altogether. Would it matter if I named the file: DD_Substation_1.SC4Model? I'm not sure what the numbers mean or if I should even mess with them. If I leave these like this and I make say, 10 lots renaming them in like manner, will the last DESC file to load control all lots with that blank model? Another thing I notice here is the word "blank" appears under the column "Name". Is this what's going on here? If so, how do you change that? Anyways, these are the questions I have thus far. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Even more so if someone can walk me through making these changes in the reader program concerning these particular files.
      • By tails2489
        There is a tonne of amazing custom content on the exchange including maps.
        A lot of the maps I've installed and played are laid out in large cities only however and in a perfect grid. I prefer randomness with medium and small cities scattered about.
        How can I change the config file on an existing region without messing up the existing terrain that I like?
      • By Ssaidd
        my sc4 crashes sometimes when im testing subway/GLR

        i dont know why, is it because of too much plugins?
      • By Ssaidd
        Hi Guys

        Who is using Caribou Long Slopes?

        cant figure it out how it works, my trains/el-rails are dissapearing when they are reaching the tunnel and they dissapear when they go up

        can somebody explain?
        Thnx
         
      • By chfzdn
        Hello,
        My laptop has Intel HD 3000 and I have $8 on my school saving. I want to buy $5 Steam Wallet. There are discounts on Steam. Should I buy Cities: Skylines (around $5) or SC4 (almost same price)?
        Thanks.
    • Recently Browsing   1 member

    ×

    Thank You for the Continued Support!

    Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

    But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

    Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

    Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
    Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

    stexcollection-header.png

    By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

    Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

    Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

    More About STEX Collections