Haljackey

Show Us What You're Working On

4,727 posts in this topic Last Reply

@kingofsimcity As of this writing, it stands at a conservative 14X14. It may be bigger or smaller, depending where my flare for details takes me :ninja:

I can tell you this, beside the textures, almost all props will be custom made by me, as you have probably seen already, thus the time its taking to completion, is a bit longer than my usual.

Prop pack 3, which will debut in unison with this lot, it will have dozens of new HD props for everyone to play with.

Simmer2

PS. I may also take @MissVanleider suggestion for a more streamlined lot, in to consideration and release both at the same time.

@MissVanleider Very nice! Those are my favorite residentials, and I'm excited that Cycledogg is back in action and planning to release Victorians.

It does look like the diagonals are 1 tile too close to each other back-to-back at top left of first picture, resulting in overlapping buildings/windows - there are fillers included with that set that can be used to decorate between the buildings.

To make those lots more controllable in an existing set of plugins, when doing a large area with those @SimCoug W2W lots, I ended up re-assigning building styles for other residential growables, similar to what the docs talk about. For example, leaving only the Diagonal Tenements as 1x1 Euro.

Sprinkling Maxis trees in unbuilt spaces is also very effective since they are R$$.

But most importantly... That street side telephone pole T21 mod... what is it? I've been searching for years for something like that!

@MeMyself&I I'm diving into the black art of automata modding, looking at these resources:

Since I'm still trying to get a handle on the process, for now they will be static props only. Watch the dev thread for updates.

2 minutes ago, CT14 said:

To make those lots more controllable in an existing set of plugins, when doing a large area with those @SimCoug W2W lots, I ended up re-assigning building styles for other residential growables, similar to what the docs talk about. For example, leaving only the Diagonal Tenements as 1x1 Euro.

I thought about that but decided it would take too long / i'd make mistakes and damage the other lots by losing track of what i'd done to what when it came time to undo. I just wish there were some non functional 'filler' ones that i could just plop to cover the last spaces! 

6 minutes ago, CT14 said:

But most importantly... That street side telephone pole T21 mod... what is it? I've been searching for years for something like that!

It is this:

It probably looks different in my pictures because of the sidewalk mod i have, although it is 'asian' themed it looks ok in most settings (japanese roadsigs aside), i only really wanted it for the telephone poles! The white fences are nice too but will often visually obstruct driveways etc.

Also beware that some of the dependencies take some hunting i seem to remember

I was curious to know how difficult this mod would be to 'tweak' to make more usable if the dependencies ever went missing completely, but i imagine that this is probably too ambitious a task for me!

On 3/14/2017 at 8:26 PM, Thin White Duke said:

Refurbishing an old CBD of mine that I wasn't too happy with. There are still some slots to fill, but I think I'm on the right path.

1dd8a8d709.jpg

I love the way your waterfront looks! The mix of natural areas and that small harbor go well with the downtown area. Nice choice of buildings as well! You are on the right path indeed!

@MissVanleider I hope nobody else in that neighborhood noticed it either...

The game definitely does have some quirks with growables like that. Though I personally like to leave one or two of those 'rebellious' houses intact, I'm starting to think that particular lot has been flagged to grow in corners...

@kingofsimcity Relots of SimGoober's stuff is always nice in my book *:yes: . I wonder if it's better to extend that asphalt parking lot into a 6x3 rather than a 4x3, then again you'll probably lose that entrance wich, in my opinion, makes it unique. Maybe that's an idea for a second lot...

EQUAL TOWN 3

Some more growing stages of this experimental town or city perhaps !

Business quarters secondstage completed !

ET%2032_zps7rfvwtya.jpg

Public and commercial demand required addition of a airport !

ET%2027_zpsdhdatpbr.jpg

First Highrise Office in town !

ET%2026_zpswoibz4yb.jpg

Residentials neighbourhood not  yet affected !

ET%2028_zpsgjcre8iu.jpg

Agricultural demand still present !

ET%2031_zpszxfzyppd.jpg

Last the rich and famouse found their place !

ET%2029_zpsyz3i6j2p.jpg

Ballanced town afther three episodes building. Sound enverimentaly, Agricultural present but probably cap soon reached, first highrise developing. What will we see next ?

To be Continued !

1 hour ago, MissVanleider said:

Are the quaysides near the ferris wheel the quais de seine? For me they would be glitched if i looked at the from that zoom distance

Thank you! It's NBVC's marina walls. Here's his complete file archive. I recommend basically all of it. *:lol:

@_Michael i really like it, the quayside as a wall is awesome, along with the way you drag the path down the slope there. I actually quite like the quantity of paths too, feels reasonable given that this is is clearly an 'artificial' green space at the heart of a city.

For me, i'd do without the little mmp stone walls, for me a bit too quaint maybe next to the relative grandeour of the 'quay' wall and the hefty yet pretty retaining walls? Maybe use the mmp wall to make a smaller, self contained section of the park - an inner sanctum perhaps? 

15 hours ago, matias93 said:

I don't know if those exist, but maybe some mmp lamps would be very useful

MMP lamps are problematic because night lights don't work for Flora, which MMPs are based upon.

14 hours ago, Thin White Duke said:

Mandelsoft's LRM 4.0 comes with a bunch of varying ploppable street lights in the parks menu. *:)

This is a better solution over MMPs, using the transparent versions should allow you to blend them in seamlessly. Although a little work in the LE would be best to make them exactly how you wanted.