Museum [Offline Only]

(60 Reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

Loosely based on the appearance of the Old Patent Office Building in Washington DC, the Museum is a brand-new building with (for the first time) some brand-new behaviors. Basically, it's a landmark-meets-library - apart from attracting tourists that shovel out cash in the gift shop, it also lures in your local populace who might learn something from the experience. Given enough tourists, your sims' education will literally pay for itself.

It can be found under the education menu.

Special thanks to MaxisGuillaume for the idea and some guidance.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

100% new asset :) so amazing to finally see this start

Congrats Oppie

Tell us what is not possible and watch us prove you wrong, give us an obstacle and we will figure out a way around it, tell us we are wrong we will prove to you we are not.

Community and Change take time but so does modding. And this is just the beginning.

Share this comment

Coolest Mod Yet!!!!!  Next time build a PALACE MOD!    :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  10 STARS   :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Share this comment

OMG dude I've literally been asking for this since that damnable trailer that showed the museum with the cool statue out front, forget the statue, this is awesome man thank you so much!!!

Share this comment

very nice, how can I mod new buildings for the games, I want new sky scrapers like World Financial Center, One World Trade Center, Willis Tower, etc.. I do not mind making it myself I just don't know how. I will gladly share it.. Thanks and great mod.. :)

Share this comment

very nice, how can I mod new buildings for the games, I want new sky scrapers like World Financial Center, One World Trade Center, Willis Tower, etc.. I do not mind making it myself I just don't know how. I will gladly share it.. Thanks and great mod.. :)

Why not?

Share this comment

ho yeah .... finaly another building, usefull and beautyfull , congrats dude !  maybe i shall suggest you to make a version with the same roof  color as the french pack : that type of buidings fit well in Paris lookalike cities

Share this comment

Yay... I was just thinking yesterday how I wanted museums and art galleries!  Oooh.. what about a science museum?  

Great work!

Share this comment

Oppie, WOW, just wow. I thought I would never see the game get to this point a year and a half ago. This simcity seemed doomed when it started. But you sir have taken this game and made it to what the community wanted. A moddable, very little restricted, game. You are awesome as is the other modders who have helped make the game to what the community wanted. Thank you and huge congrats. 

Share this comment