180 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

7 hours ago, Photovoltaic Array said:

@catty-cb if it helps, at least the Plymouth Arco has been made for SimMars, if you're willing to download it and extract the files from there. 

Tend to build cities with a lot of greenery so don't really like the look of either Plymouth or Darco they are too dark and alien looking

-catty

thank you for this project   I never played SC3000 and from all the pics I can definitely see the roots of SC4 so it is an excellent way to commemorate SC3000's 19th birthday by bringing the best from that game into SC4    can't wait to see them

• Original Poster
  • I'm happy to announce that we have @Diego Del Llano and @Jasoncw joining as BATers! (Jason under reserve due to his busy schedule but fingers crossed we can work something out)

This has just gotten more exciting :D

• Original Poster
  • 21 minutes ago, Prophet42 said:

Great idea @andisart!  Can't wait to see all the great BATs for SC4 coming out of this!  I voted for my three.*:thumb:

:D me too, looking forward to see them! 

Btw: you can upvote as many as you like, it's the nominations that are limited to three. So if you want to post a building to nominate it, then you can post three images. Upvoting has no limitations :)

5 hours ago, Photovoltaic Array said:

WAIT A SECOND I MISREAD AGAIN I am slow tonight, forgive me. 

@JP Schriefer I will PM you the screenshots in a bit, give me a few minutes to take big reference ones from all four directions. 

Little hint: KOSC is a really talented lotter and texture creator, but he doesn't model buildings. Save from some specific people, most content creators on the community focus on just one area.

20 hours ago, Belfastsocrates said:

I'd love to see a nice modern/HD version of Bluerise Plaza

[PIC]

Yeah well, this remake for SC4 is pretty aged nowadays, too...

[This is just a comment and not a vote in any way, just to avoid confusion!]

May I suggest Bradbury Building?

• Original Poster
  • 3 hours ago, T Wrecks said:

Yeah well, this remake for SC4 is pretty aged nowadays, too...

[This is just a comment and not a vote in any way, just to avoid confusion!]

May I suggest Bradbury Building?

For a proper nomination please post a picture of those buildings from SC3000 if you have, if not let me know I can see if I can extract them from the game.

Just three? So many great buildings in this game I dreamed of to come to life in a more isometric or maybe even skylines 3D view. I have two I would like at the moment but can't figure out how to find screenshots from my 3000 game. Can anyone help?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
    Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear Editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By johnvosh
        Well, I finally decided to start getting back into SimCity 4 after years of not playing it. Took and installed it on an old System I've had for quite a while. Specs are;
        Athlon XP 2500+ Barton, 1.5gb dual channel DDR400 ram, Gigabyte ga-7n400 pro2 motherboard, 20gb Maxtor hard drive, Windows XP SP3, Radeon 9600pro advantage 256mb, Sound blaster audigy, 1280x1024 resolution on a 17" Dell LCD monitor.
        installed SimCity 4 and the Rush Hour expansion plus the latest patch and the latest network mod. Going to start with the tutorials and then then see if I can get my old save games to load.
        Going to be upgrading to an Athlon 64 X2 4400+ in the next month or so and staying with Windows XP. Then need to get the fastest AGP video card I can find at a decent price.
      • By coolant1
        Hello, I'm new to this community, but I did play SC4 before.
        It's been quite some time, but this time I want to make a city in a colder climate, which the default settings just won't do.

So I searched for some climate mods and tree mods, controllers but I'm a bit confused.
        BTW, I don't go for super realism or something like that, unlike some other people dedicated to the community..... honestly too tedious for me lol.
        so maybe tree controllers and the hassle might be over my head,

but honestly I can't stand the oak trees when it's supposed to be -25C in winter and 20C in the summer.

In a nutshell, I'm trying to find

- A good enough climate mod that demonstrates the continental climate (I think -25 ~ 20 C is a bit colder than the average Europe), or one that I can easily change the settings (I only know a little from Ilives Reader, nothing else)
        (Preferrably with snow in the colder seasons)
        - And a tree mod or some tree addition, stuff like pines and other evergreens (I don't honestly think I could bother with the complexity of tree controllers, but maybe I could give it a try...?)

Well, I tried a search but it's harder to find what I want than I thought...... help is much appreciated.
      • By tails2489
        What are your favourite real world cities to recreate?
        What cities have a sufficient number of BATs on the Exchange to make a realistic recreation?
        I have made a NYC, Chicago, Hong Kong, LA and currently working on a London UK recreation. I have also made cities that aren't actual recreations but I use landmarks from 1 or 2 cities only to come up with a familiar look. I have done this with Shanghai, Singapore, Melbourne and a Taipei/Tokyo mash up. I think my next city will be Denver, as thee 3 or 4 largest downtown skyscrapers are on the Exchange as well as the really cool Denver Art Museum. Shenzhen also on the list, with a few cool civic buildings to go along with skyscrapers.
      • By tails2489
        Hello All,
        Looking for some tips and advice on how to build a realistic transition from light residential to agricultural zoning on the edges of a city. I typically start a city by zoning all Agriculture and then working from the middle outward decreasing density as I get further from the middle. The result is usually light residential and/or industrial zoning bordering directly onto agriculture. Would you leave a gap of trees like a Green Belt instead? The snapshots provided are for a larger city I am starting so I didn't bother to zone the middle sections as AG as I plan to prezone Res and Commercial in this case.
        Thank you for your suggestions, looking forward to it.

• By MigsTheKid
        This is one of my cities that lacks creativity, i need to download more mods for decorating.

Timelapse Video:
        Part 1:

Part 2: