49 minutes ago, catty-cb said:

its listed as being the SimCity 3000 Science Center

Hehe - I remember that one.

17 minutes ago, korver said:

Gold Tower

5 minutes ago, korver said:

Kong Tower

I got really good at growing tons of these on my SC3000 CBDs *:D

Edit: Back on topic, I completely agree with @korver 's picks.   I'd like to see either (or both) of those in SC4  :D

I don't have the game right now, so I'll try to find the best images on the web. Simcity 3000 has tons of awesome buildings and we definitely need more of them into Simcity 4. But only 3 suggestions?:( Oh well...

Here is my first, the Fusion Power Plant. I never liked the hydrogen power plant on Simcity 4.

latest?cb=20130209035813

• Original Poster
  • 9 hours ago, korver said:

@andisart Unfortunately I couldn't find any higher res pics online, so I had to dig out my disc and get them straight from the source :P

Ok and how did you get the images? Did you use a tool to view them from the game file?

@9gruntsand1hammer can you seperate your suggestions into individual posts please? So people can vote on the suggestions one by one. thx :)

The Wilkinson Tower is usually one of the very first skyscrapers appearing after laying large density commercial zones, mostly on land with medium land value. May I propose bringing the Wilkinson Tower into Simcity 4 as a low wealth commercial-services building? Poor Sims lives in huge apartment buildings and works in huge factories. So, how about making them shopping in huge skyscrapers as well? *:D

Aeh, @Photovoltaic Array, I think both of those buildings were already nominated by Korver and KOSC, so there is no need to repeat them, only to upvote the current entries.

That would free you two nomination slots, and I remember you requested an SC4 BAT of the SC3000 big fountain. Maybe you would want to get the opportunity and nominate it here?

@matias93  I misread slightly and botched the nominating process. D'oh! (Hid posts and added likes to the other entries to be safe! <3) 

That said, what you proposed was a good idea, so I'll nominate some of those lots instead: my first nomination shall be the Community Garden... which despite the name, is not a garden but is actually a fountain amongst a brick walk. Still, it looks pretty cool and I always thought they added a small splash of color whenever they showed up in SC3000 cities. I think they would look good in SC4 as well.

(Despite what the land value says, it usually grows in high wealth/what would be R$$$ areas in SimCity 4 terms, if it matters any.)

communitygarden.png

Second nomination: the standard buyable/ploppable Fountain. Hey, fountains are cool. 

Oh yeah, I can take screenshots of both from all four cardinal directions if needed. Also if anyone remembers a SC3000 building but needs someone to take screenshots for them, just ask, I can do it. 

fountain.png

Can I make suggestion three something that I would really have loved to have seen in SC3000 as it was in SC2000 but for some reason was never added and that's the Arcologies which were futuristic self-contained cities where a huge population is all contained in one building ... obviously you couldn't have that many people in a single building as it would really cause issues in SC4 but it would still be nice to have them back

• Plymouth Arco: available at around the year 2000. Holds 55,000 residents. Price $100,000. The only arcology to emit mild pollution into atmosphere.
    • Forest Arco: available at around the year 2050. Holds 30,000 residents. Price $120,000.
    • Darco: available at around the year 2100. Holds 45,000 residents. Price $150,000.
    • Launch Arco: available at around the year 2150. Holds 65,000 residents. Price $200,000.

arcology.jpg

Launch_Arcology.gif

Edited by catty-cb  

added another picture

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
    Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear Editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By johnvosh
        Well, I finally decided to start getting back into SimCity 4 after years of not playing it. Took and installed it on an old System I've had for quite a while. Specs are;
        Athlon XP 2500+ Barton, 1.5gb dual channel DDR400 ram, Gigabyte ga-7n400 pro2 motherboard, 20gb Maxtor hard drive, Windows XP SP3, Radeon 9600pro advantage 256mb, Sound blaster audigy, 1280x1024 resolution on a 17" Dell LCD monitor.
        installed SimCity 4 and the Rush Hour expansion plus the latest patch and the latest network mod. Going to start with the tutorials and then then see if I can get my old save games to load.
        Going to be upgrading to an Athlon 64 X2 4400+ in the next month or so and staying with Windows XP. Then need to get the fastest AGP video card I can find at a decent price.
      • By coolant1
        Hello, I'm new to this community, but I did play SC4 before.
        It's been quite some time, but this time I want to make a city in a colder climate, which the default settings just won't do.

So I searched for some climate mods and tree mods, controllers but I'm a bit confused.
        BTW, I don't go for super realism or something like that, unlike some other people dedicated to the community..... honestly too tedious for me lol.
        so maybe tree controllers and the hassle might be over my head,

but honestly I can't stand the oak trees when it's supposed to be -25C in winter and 20C in the summer.

In a nutshell, I'm trying to find

- A good enough climate mod that demonstrates the continental climate (I think -25 ~ 20 C is a bit colder than the average Europe), or one that I can easily change the settings (I only know a little from Ilives Reader, nothing else)
        (Preferrably with snow in the colder seasons)
        - And a tree mod or some tree addition, stuff like pines and other evergreens (I don't honestly think I could bother with the complexity of tree controllers, but maybe I could give it a try...?)

Well, I tried a search but it's harder to find what I want than I thought...... help is much appreciated.
      • By tails2489
        What are your favourite real world cities to recreate?
        What cities have a sufficient number of BATs on the Exchange to make a realistic recreation?
        I have made a NYC, Chicago, Hong Kong, LA and currently working on a London UK recreation. I have also made cities that aren't actual recreations but I use landmarks from 1 or 2 cities only to come up with a familiar look. I have done this with Shanghai, Singapore, Melbourne and a Taipei/Tokyo mash up. I think my next city will be Denver, as thee 3 or 4 largest downtown skyscrapers are on the Exchange as well as the really cool Denver Art Museum. Shenzhen also on the list, with a few cool civic buildings to go along with skyscrapers.
      • By tails2489
        Hello All,
        Looking for some tips and advice on how to build a realistic transition from light residential to agricultural zoning on the edges of a city. I typically start a city by zoning all Agriculture and then working from the middle outward decreasing density as I get further from the middle. The result is usually light residential and/or industrial zoning bordering directly onto agriculture. Would you leave a gap of trees like a Green Belt instead? The snapshots provided are for a larger city I am starting so I didn't bother to zone the middle sections as AG as I plan to prezone Res and Commercial in this case.
        Thank you for your suggestions, looking forward to it.

• By MigsTheKid
        This is one of my cities that lacks creativity, i need to download more mods for decorating.

Timelapse Video:
        Part 1:

Part 2: