JP Schriefer

Tribute to A Nonny Moose

198 posts in this topic Last Reply

On 10/05/2017 at 0:28 AM, CorinaMarie said:

Dear Granpa Moose,

It does not surprise me the least little bit that you are still an active presence here and are still giving help that peeps like.

Also the other day, I thought it was very touching to see this happened:

ScssgvY.png

The legend lives on.

17 hours ago, Cyclone Boom said:

Also the other day, I thought it was very touching to see this happened:

Sometimes when it's silent in the forums, it's still him, I miss most. And I browse for his posts and here and there, I give them a 'like'. Hope that's okay.

2 hours ago, Fantozzi said:

And I browse for his posts and here and there, I give them a 'like'. Hope that's okay.

Yes. It is ok.

Sometimes I've searched for an answer to something and our Moose had the best reply. I'll Like that regardless of how long ago it was.

I saw this thread a couple of weeks ago and i was in shock and i didn't know how to respond at the time. I didnt know him but i had posted in his threads as he did in mine. He was a great guy and i am sadden by his passing. RIP  Nonny moosse.

iI hope that Simtropolis will have a memoriam thread for him in the future. And perhaps a new reward named after him given to someone in the community each year in is memory.

It's amazing that it's been so long and yet we're still discussing Nonny's contribution to this forum.

I already paid my respects to him earlier, but I think it's really touching how the community can come together after such a loss. Thanks to all those who have contributed and will contribute in future, on this thread and in others.

Whoa.

I know I'm very late to the thread here, but since my most capable PC broke I haven't been able to play city-building games, and therefore my interest waned, but today I decided to take a look at Simtropolis when I saw that a new Skylines expansion was out (well, I'm late to that too, but again, broken PC and waning interests).

And then I saw this.

It must have been years since I logged in here, and yet more years since I was actively taking part in discussions, and I hadn't really planned to log in now either, but I feel that I owe it to Nonny to pop by and pay my respects. He was always kind, calm and up for thoughtful discussion. I remember him as an anchor member of the Current Events subforum, taking part in all manner of discussions, and staying civil (but not shying out of arguments either). He carried that forum, I think. It is very sad to hear about his passing, even half a year later. I hope he didn't suffer and that his family is okay.

May he rest in peace.

I just logged into the site to see if much had happened the last couple of years since I became inactive and when I hovered over moose's avatar next to the site logo and read the text I immediately felt some kind of emptiness. Even though I've never really known him outside of Simtropolis, it felt like something was missing.

I think we all owe a lot to Moose, a lot of fun times on the forums and some interesting discussions, a lot of good memories. Simtropolis won't be the same without him.

May John rest in peace

I haven't been on here for a long time for various reasons. It's sad to see that he won't be around anymore. I remember chatting with him in the forums about Canadian politics. I appreciated his perspective on the topic, and others where we crossed paths. I feel enriched to have had the opportunity to be acquainted to him, as I'm sure many others feel too.

22 minutes ago, catty-cb said:

This caught my eye the other night, in the Activity Tab at the bottom is the recent contributors to the site listing

@Cyclone Boom and I wondered if something like this might turn up. It wasn't Granpa Moose himself. (Nor any of those other long lost members in that list.)

Here's what happened: I've been re-organizing the cluttered pinned topics (here and here so far) and it's a new idea for such a thread. Not only is it a reference list of the old pinned topics, but the first post of each of those topics is included in the new one. To be fair to the original authors CB used an Admin tool to create those posts with their name. This way they get credit for any Likeys as well as making it obvious it was their work. We did it while the new topic was hidden so their followers wouldn't get beeped, but apparently we didn't account for that section where it would be noted.

Oops. *:blush:

When I logged into forum I saw his avatar on the main page. I asked myself why is John's avatar on the main page. I then clicked on it and I could not believe my eyes. He was passed away and I have just learned that. We had a talk time time. He was kind and helpful. We will be missed. My deepest condolences to his family and friends and to whom loved him. Rest in peace John.

7 hours ago, wozzar said:

To the Administrator will there be any annual award to honor the memory of Nonny Moose?

With some certainty, I can say yes to this tho I'm uncertain of the time frame for when.

I have been entirely inactive in the last 4 years ofzo and after logging in again after four years, it's pretty shocking to read that the beloved moose has passed away a year ago. My deepest condolences for families & friends.

Rest In Peace my dear friend, Nonny Moose.

Jason