JP Schriefer

Tribute to A Nonny Moose

199 posts in this topic Last Reply

I never knew him personally, however, I've always known he was the most dedicated member on this site. Whenever I logged in, I saw him discussing, posting his opinion, and helping people. He always had something to say, and it was always interesting, wise, or helpful. Maybe not everyone loved him, not everyone agreed with him, but I am sure nothing will be the same anymore. We will all miss him.

Thank you for everything, A Nonny Moose. Rest in peace.

I don't come to this site that much anymore and I'm not someone anyone would know, but I still remember seeing that animated moose avatar almost every time I came here. I had no idea he was that old either! Rest in Peace, it won't be the same without seeing that Moose!

I am so saddened to hear this. This is very sad news to the SC community. 

I remember that he was very helpful in a lot of times. He was very dedicated to this site. He loved this site.

My sincerest condolences for his family. He will be very missed here. Rest in peace.

Only just heard the news today.

I am very sadderend to hear of John's passing. He was such an asset to this website and the SimCity community. He made such great assets, a brilliant City Journal and had a strong pressense on the community forums. His absense will be felt by many, no doubt leaving sush a gap in the community, knowing he will not be putting in his two cents with regards to a post on the forums, or just popping in saying hello to us fellow fans.

However, I know his legacy will live on, trhough all his wonderful posts and amazing assets. A true legend trough and through, which I am sure we will never forget. Props to Simtropolis for giving him a tribute on the frontpage of the website; an appropriate send-off to such awonderful individul.

My thoughts are with his family, hoping that John's passing was a peaceful one.

To a legend of Simtropolis,

A Nonny Moose.

~mpkio2~

Nonny will be much missed by many people -- but especially by me.

Though we often debated / fought like cats & dogs on foreign affairs, etc -- it was often humorous, never personal, and always enlightening.

I spent equal numbers of hours laughing and learning.

May your journey be smooth and safe -- with the wind at your back, John --

But we should celebrate his passing. do not be sad. He hopefully passed in his sleep. We should celebrate the life that he had, and the great moments that he gave us. Do not put yourelves down on this! He is happy and in a better place now! Feel happy! Celebrate! I bet he wants that for you guys. :)

Today when i logged in the first thing i saw was Nonny's avatar.I remembered that he had health problems so the first thought was very bad.It was indeed sadly true that he passed away.

I hope that he'll get to the best place in heaven,where he belongs to now.He was helpfull every time,helped everyone who asked for it,his dedication didn't see borders.

Condolences to his family.

It is sad to log in and know that he's gone, He was such a respectable member of the community. All of the info he gave was so helpful for me when I first started playing SC4 five years ago. He will be missed and I hope that in his very last moments he were calm and peaceful. Rest In Peace,  Nonny Moose.

Having only joined Simtropolis very recently, I never had a chance to interact with A Nonny Moose, but in the past weeks as I began playing Simcity 4 again, every time I would search on a technical issue and read a Simtropolis thread, there he'd be, directing me to things, sharing his knowledge. Perhaps the best legacy he can have here is the way his voice will live on, and will continue to help new players.

Sleep well John, and thank you.

As for me , I have to say . John AKA  "A Nonny Moose"  has been a very prominent contributor to this community . I've had several interactions with him and he had always brighten my day . I'm sure he will be missed by many , here and a far . His legacy will live on . Farewell my friend , I will miss you but never forget you . I give my condolences to his friends and family .

I thank you John , and may you Rest In Peace . Let the wind set your sails to eternal happiness .

I been away for a little while and just noticed this news seeing his avatar on the header. I'm so sad to hear this! It's like an era of this site just came to an end. We could always count on him to chime in and give advice and help. Even though I never met him in person, I will miss that moose chewing in the forums that I now feel like I took for granted. Condolences to the family and my prayers are with him and this community....maybe he's in "God Mode" now.

I have had the pleasure of discussing some subjects and ideas with John over the year here in the forums. It's sad to see him go. There is nothing much to add to the appreciation words already said by many. We lost someone very dear to our community and our hearts.

Wow. I guess you only need to look into this post and see that almost 80 simtropolis users, some of them who hadn't logged in for ages, to see aaaall the love that a Nonny Moose left behind. I had never talked with him, but I read a few hundreds of very interesting -and useful- messages he made. Have a nice trip internet friend.

Edit: It would be really nice to see a BAT tribute for him. But I'm sorry I'm unable to do such thing. Maybe another internet friend will do it... :D

He was a little something sometimes, but in many years and in many different communities I have not encountered such a devoted contributor and all-around pleasant presence. I really think it speaks volumes how a hive of essentially total strangers from all across the globe are moved deeply by the passing of a person they never met in person. Nonny was a good friend to all of us and to me, too, it feels like an era has come to a close.

I will miss you around here but I'm glad to feel that not few of us will always carry a thought of you with them when they're enjoying the hobby that brought us all here and allowed us all to get to know you. I know I will.

He was indeed a great guy who was always willing to lend a hand. I learned a good bit from him over the years and I'm sure many more in the community did as well. He will be missed. 

I never had any extensive conversations with him, but I always saw him helping others on the site, ESPECIALLY with SimCity 4. Made me wonder how someone could be so selfless, to dedicate that much time to doing something that almost never reaps any benefits except for the satisfaction of assisting someone else. I don't think I've ever seen an online community member anywhere so important to everyone within that community that them being gone even pulls at the heart strings of someone who hardly knew him.

I wish I took the opportunity to get to know you, John. You'll be missed.

Sad news indeed. I only interacted with him a couple of times on the Tech Issues and General Discussion subforums, indeed he was very helpful and had interesting anecdotes and points of view. I also lurk sometimes in the Off-Topic section but I've never got quite up to join any of the discussions, it would have been a great experience to debate with Mr. Moose; I don't think we would have been on the same side in many issues, although this would have made it all the more interesting. Alas, I can only imagine now.

Farewell to such a respected member of this community.