2,279 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

I probably won't remember to log in on the day that it actually passes, but on the 19th of this month, I'll be a 12-year Simtropolitan (Simtropolan? Simtropolisian? Eh...). Simtropolis was the first forum I ever joined and was active on, and it basically taught me how to use the internet (and basic photo-editing for all those pictures I wanted to post, hahaha). Even though I don't come around all that much anymore, I could never thank this site enough for how it helped me in my early years of the web, and how much it enhanced my love for SC4.

Site is the greatest. I miss it dearly. You are an incredible community. Thank you for having me! *:thumb:

I don't know if this is truly a milestone, but it feels like a milestone to me. Around the beginning of December I visited Simtropolis and SC4Devotion like I'd been doing about twice per year for the last five or six years. I spent much more time than usual reading about the developments that have occurred since I last played the game several years ago and was inspired to attempt to return to playing the game and contributing to the SC4 community. In the time that has passed I've been reviving and refreshing my Simtropolis and SC4D accounts, reading about how to setup SC4 to function properly with recent hardware and operating systems, purchasing and installing the digital version from GOG because I couldn't find my discs, and doing various other things in preparation for my return. Finally, yesterday I played SimCity 4 and built a few small, experimental cities in the game for the first time since about 2012! I'm back in the game, and it feels great!

39 minutes ago, Scarton said:

I don't know if this is truly a milestone, but it feels like a milestone to me.

Yep, we'll allow that as a milestone. We really don't have any hard and fast rules for this kind of a thing. *;)

And welcome back to the game. I'm sure you are familiar with where the game forums are so just jump into any of those with replies (or create your own topic).

I recently hit 7,000 rep points

Looking at the rep leaderboard, looks like a few milestones were recently made.

https://community.simtropolis.com/topmembers/

@korver became the first member to hit 9,000 points, and @T Wrecks recently hit 8k. @Simmer2 also hit 5k.

Congrats everyone! *:)

Also just to add a very honourable mention to @The British Sausage for reaching 1k and officially joining the Epic club.

(And yes, there still ought to be some new rep ranks from the 4-figure mark onwards.)

1 hour ago, Cyclone Boom said:

Congrats everyone! *:)

Also just to add a very honourable mention to @The British Sausage for reaching 1k and officially joining the Epic club.

(And yes, there still ought to be some new rep ranks from the 4-figure mark onwards.)

The sausage is ascending!

I shall see myself out.

1 hour ago, T Wrecks said:

Hey, that's unfair to us old farts who have been spamming the forums making valuable contributions before the points system was in place! *:P

Nah, we have a place where the folks with high rep and few posts will take a while to reach.

https://community.simtropolis.com/topmembers/?filter=forums_Topic_Post

@A Nonny Moose may have been eclipsed rep-wise, but he is far and away #1 here. Dare I say that he could ever be surpassed? :8)