4 Screenshots

About This File

This package contains a variety of updates for Throvin’s Asphalt Highway Texture mod which helps to make it more compatible with the NAM and other downloads lurking in your plugins folder.

Since the mod’s release, various new pieces for the Maxis Highway (MHW) network have been added by the NAM team and do not contain an asphalt texture. They will remain concrete-based while the rest of the highway is asphalt-based.

An alternative is to use Mandelsoft’s Highway Restyling (HRS) mod, but some still like the grey look of Thorvin’s textures on our highway network.

The screenshots displayed show compatibility with various components

-Screenshot 1: Pieces fully compatible and textured for the NAM

-Screenshot 2: Textured base Maxis highway network pieces

-Screenshot 3: Pieces fully compatible and but not properly textured for the NAM

Dependencies:

This mod has only one dependency file, and that is the Asphalt Highway Texture by Thorvin

Credits:

-Euro Highway Texture replacements by Thorvin

-Highway Signs remover by Mandelsoft

-On-Slope connection texture by OnlyPlace4

-Diagonal ramp pieces by Warrior

-Updated Asphalt Highway Textures by Samerton

-Packaging and documentation by Haljackey

If you have any questions regarding the mod, post below for support.

Enjoy!

-Haljackey

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

tjh876

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Krio

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
GMT

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Jack³

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Mic84

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
zsolt

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Bhawks88

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By rsc204
      I've just come across a post by @Reddonquixote over on SC4D, it would appear our problems with using BAT4Max on newer 3DS max releases are over. In one of the scripts is a reference to a function that was removed entirely from 3DS Max, it would appear that trying to call this function was causing the scripts to fail on newer 3DS Max releases.
      Now of course right now, this isn't hugely tested so I don't want to jump the gun, but it seems if 3DS 2017 works with this fix, then it should work for earlier affected versions, am I right in saying that's 2016, possibly 2015 too?
      Anyhow, all credit obviously goes to RDQ for finding this problem, but rather than everyone edit their scripts. I've made a patched file you can simply use to replace the one with the faulty reference (attached).
      Instructions (Readme included with fix also):
      Download/Install BAT4Max as usual Find the install location for the scripts included with BAT4Max
      Default = 3DS MAX INSTALL DIR\gamepacks\BAT\scripts Copy the included SF_LtbL_functions.ms file, overwriting the original
      Remember to backup the original (just in case), by copying/moving it elsewhere outside of the 3DS Max install path Lastly, if you've not already don't so, don't forget to also get the Gamma Fix for 3DS Max from here too: Disclaimer: I personally use 3DS Max 2011, so have no way of testing this fix. But it can't cause any harm, it either works or it doesn't. Worst case scenario, restore the original file and you are back to square one (i.e. it still doesn't work).
      Lastly, please can those who might make use of the patch confirm if it works and which version of 3DS Max they've applied the fix too. This will help greatly with troubleshooting the issue for other users and helping ensure 3DS Max can be used for batting models into the future.
      BAT4MAX_Fix.zip
    • By That Retro Guy
      Hi.  CorinaMarie has been helping me get up and running with SimCity 4 Deluxe.
      I ran into a problem and she suggested that I start a new topic here for the experts to help me.  I purchased and downloaded the game from GOG (for $4.99 ), and I'm running Win 7 Home Premium (64 bit) on my comp.   The game worked fine until (at CorinaMarie's suggestion) I downloaded the SC4fix.dll file and unzipped it with WINRAR into my Plugins folder. Now, my game no longer launches at all.
      I start up the GOG app, and log in.  My installed game pops up with a PLAY button like normal, but when I click it, nothing happens.
      Here is a link to the file that I got:
      https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30883-sc4fix-third-party-patches-for-sc4/  
      Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
    • By velos66
      Where can i find a most basic how to tutorial in using NAM RHW? Whats the proper set up for connecting neighbors using NAM for example 8C? 
      Currently overwhelmed. 
    • By Haljackey
      I get asked a lot what mods I use for this game, especially when it comes to highway props and add-ons.
      Here's a short list of some content that I use to make your highways looking nice!
      ------
      Firstly, get the NAM if you haven't already. This list is for the RHW so make sure you check off that during install.
      -----
      Generic signs
      The first thing you're going to need is some signs. Unlike the Maxis highway that has signs randomly generate on the highway, the RHW needs some work. Luckily, there's a lot of signs out there and lets you customize the crap out of this.
      For a simple, generic set, I recommend this set. Large, easy to read and also easy to plop.
      And for your roads connecting to the highways, here's a simpler set
      -----
      Hazard signs
      Along with general signs, you'll want some hazard markers too to let your drivers know about curves, speed limits, ending lanes, and other things the road can throw at you. Best to give them plenty of notice!
      -----
      Lighting
      I'm lazy when it comes to this. Plopping lights takes a lot of time if you want uniform street lighting. Instead, go above 'street level' with some towers that light up a much larger area!

-----
      Walls
      No matter how 'nice' your highways look, they're a NIMBY and no one wants to live near them. To minimize the folks who do have their homes close by, dampen the sound and light a bit with these walls that I find look great in both urban and suburban environments

-----
      Buffer
      Keep some right of way free if you ever want to expand your highways. Also if you have a median make it look nice! These 'empty' areas can also help absorb air pollution from the busy roads
      I like to use the standard open grass area a lot, but you can fill it in with some tree park plops such as...
      -----
      Example of one of the endless possibilities of what your highway can look like:
      Click here for full size

Anyways hope this helps out anyone looking to improve the aesthetic appeal of their highways! Add some other features to make it your own unique creation!
      Anything to add? Please post suggestions below!

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Get the best of the best from the STEX!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange. Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections