True Earth

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Bohemia

KfVptcq.jpg

Located in the western Czech Republic, Bohemia is a region full of picturesque landscapes and charming villages. Few are as delightful as Hrensko - and its where we'll begin our tour. Founded back in the 15th century as a trading settlement on the Kamience gorge, its turned into one of the most popular tourist destinations in the area. Hrensko also serves as the entrance gate to Bohemian Switzerland National Park - but be sure to take in the village for a day or two before sailing down the Kamience gorge.

qYUw0UC.jpg

The Kamience gorge cuts through the heart of the park, and riding a slow sailing boat down the river is one of the most popular tourist attractions. The steep cliffs are quite incredible, but remain quiet until our tour guide finds a rope attached to the other side and gives it a huge pull...

LjQImZ1.jpg

The Umelý vodopád (artificial waterfall) comes gushing out of a small crack at the top of the rock cliff - creating quite the splash and the perfect photo opportunity.

DcWZ6NF.gif

We emerge out of the gorge and start making our way through the heart of the park. After a few hours, we finally reach one of the most stunning tourist attractions in the area - the striking Pravcická brána, the largest natural sandstone arch in Central Europe. In 1826, an inn was built here and has remained a popular spot ever since - after a hard day of hiking, there's nothing better than a good meal here. Be sure to take advantage of the many paths that wrap their way around the arch to get a great view of the landscape - but remember that the top of the arch has been out of bounds since the 1980s due to heavy erosion from tourists.

nGLTNZx.jpg

u2WqDZb.jpg

Our last destination in Bohemia is the impressive Pravcický kužel (Pravcický Cone) - one of the most imposing structures in the entire park. For the thrill seeker out there, its the premier destination in the entire park - but only the bravest of climbers would dare to take on these sheer cliffs in the dead of winter...

6llNsxn.jpg

During summer however, when things are a bit more manageable - rock climbers from all across Central Europe will take on the cone. For those who can scale up these challenging cliffs - hundreds of feet high with little to no room for error - they will be rewarded with some absolutely incredible views from the top.

a34KTju.jpg

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Bohemia - its truly a timeless beauty.

0D8LQDY.jpg

1WWQKkY.jpg

GDeqtEo.jpg

NOTE: In order to make this update, I really had to put my BATing skills to the test. I modeled and textured these BATs completely from scratch (1, 2, 3 - pictures taken from the Lot Editor window) specifically for the update - if anyone would like to try the models out for themselves then please PM me *:)

Don't forget to comment, like, and follow True Earth if you haven't already!

-korver

---

Replies for "Natural Wonders"

6s91SwC.jpg

@IL. Thank you for the comment! *:)

@BC Canuck Thank you *:)I actually hadn't heard of the Danakil Depression either until recently - but once I first saw the mesmerizing colors I knew I had to give it a go.

@tariely Thank you for the kind words! Yeah, I'm planning on releasing a bunch of stuff here at some point. I'm going to be insanely busy with my CJ for a bit as I get out a lot of older updates though, so probably once things settle down. But in the meantime, if there's anything you're after in particular, feel free to send me a PM and I'll see what I can do *;)

@mattb325 Thank you for the nice words! *:)

@elavery I just checked it out - quite stunning. The cliffs and lack of proper BATs though would be a concern, but I'll think about it in the future *;)Thanks for the suggestion.

@Mymyjp Thank you, glad you liked it! *:)

@gaiskerein Thank you for the comment and kind words!

@TekindusT Yep, 100% certified photoshop free *:PThanks for the comment *:)

And finally, big thanks to @Manuel-ito, @RandyE, @matias93, @AlexSLM520, @bladeberkman, @Brooklyn81, @CorinaMarie, @tariely, @Odainsaker, @huzman, @mattb325, @scotttbarry, @nos.17, @_Michael, @Marushine, @Tonraq, @Jolteon, @Tyberius06, @jakis, @Fantozzi, @raynev1, @Elenphor, @Andrey km, @Yarahi, @bobolee, @SC4L0ver, @juliok92012, @Silur, @mayor11, @mrsmartman, & @Jonas_Chaves for all the likes!

14 Comments

Recommended Comments

Wow, i'm just waiting until the moment the files will be published. I'm just back in Bohemia in feeling. Great stuff out there. I just can't wait for my visit next year.

Share this comment

The texture of those rocks is to die for. (And that it is translatable into SimCity-ese, as many other things you create, is even more  amazing to me ! *:)

Share this comment

The river is beautiful between these two cliffs, but the best is this small village! This river that crosses it ... :wub:

Share this comment

Spectacular and magical!   I like the park sign banners, they remind me of the wood signs you see visiting many national parks here in western North America. 

Share this comment