• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

True Earth

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Pacific Northwest

X1aF8Q8.jpg

The Pacific Northwest is a geographic region of the northwest United States - and also usually encompasses the southwestern part of Canada as well. Well known for its majestic mountains, lush forests, modern cities, and more - there's plenty here to keep you in awe. Today we'll be taking a look at some of the area's most spectacular sights.

Our trip begins in scenic Olympic National Park - located in western Washington, this vast wilderness is one of the world's best preserved temperate rain forests.

CRcI6zH.jpg

The Pacific Northwest is home to a number of major cities like Portland - also known as the City of Roses. The Old Town's White Stag Sign is one of the skyline's most distinctive and recognizable landmarks.

6D8y5C5.jpg

An overview of downtown Portland featuring the KOIN Center, Wells Fargo Center, and the U.S. Bancorp Tower.

11ZLqIs.jpg

Our next stop is the Emerald City - Seattle. The famed Space Needle offers incredible views of the city - built for the 1962 World Fair, it quickly became the city's most iconic landmark.

odKYRdv.jpg

Safeco Field, home of MLB's Seattle Mariners since 1999.

BQTQJyi.jpg

A look at downtown Seattle at night with a few of it's most iconic skyscrapers in view - such as the Columbia Center, Seattle Municipal Tower, and the Smith Tower.

dgbTg7j.jpg

We travel north of the border to visit one more of the Pacific Northwest's most iconic cities, Vancouver. Scenes like the one below are common here - with the city core being filled with countless modern glass condominiums.

riE1fFR.jpg

A look at downtown Vancouver and the Bentall Centre - one of the city's most popular destinations.

KbMVqTH.jpg

We start heading South to take a look at some of the Pacific Northwest's most amazing natural wonders, starting with Washington's majestic Mount Rainier. Rising 14,411 feet tall, it's the tallest point in the Cascades and can be seen all the way from Seattle, nearly 100 miles way.

5t9pJmj.jpg

Rising 11,249 feet tall, Mount Hood is Oregon's highest peak and is another one of the region's most impressive mountains.

AhYrEzl.jpg

Our last destination is one of America's most prized natural wonders, Oregon's Crater Lake. After the eruption of Mount Mazama nearly 8,000 years ago, the caldera filled up with rain water and snow melt - giving it a mesmerizing azure hue.

HcobCFO.jpg

Don't forget to comment, like, and follow True Earth if you haven't already!

-korver

---

Previous Update: "Melbourne"

i6CkS02.jpg

Thanks to @Toby Ferrian, @CorinaMarie, @Handyman, @_Michael, @jakis, @Namiko, @Jackspital, @Krasner, @KOSMO*, @bobolee, @ESP15, @mike_oxlong, @Odainsaker, @The British Sausage, @RobertLM78, @scotttbarry, @art128, @Androgeos, @bladeberkman, @Duco, @mrsmartman, @redfox85, @Charlie_Zane, @PaulSawyer, @TekindusT, @Bastet69008, @tonyr, & @blade2k5 for all the likes/comments!

22 Comments

Recommended Comments

Incredible.....!   I always wanted to check out more of the Northwest... I've only made as far 'in' as Crater Lake - which you did a spectacular job on.... *;)

Share this comment

@JP Schriefer Thanks for the nice words - glad you enjoyed the pictures! Mount Rainier has always been one of my favorite mountains as well, always loved how imposing it is - so I was glad to finally bring it to True Earth *:) I think I may have also found a new wallpaper as well.. *:D

@Whte_rbt Thank you very much for the comment, appreciate the kind words as always *:thumb:

Share this comment

Outstanding as per usual! Another natural wonder crossed off of my list with the inclusion of Crater Lake. 

Share this comment

Thank you very much @EvansRE4!

In the Portland picture I believe it's a combination of three different parks which all had a bit of custom lotting:

Share this comment

@tariely Last week imgur was completely blocked again on ST for a short period of time (its now unblocked again, fingers crossed) - so I had to swap out all the links for dropbox ones. I didn't get the chance to change it back to the imgur ones, so I'm guessing the issue is that the dropbox ones I had posted on the entry were probably blocked wherever you live unfortunately. I just changed it back to imgur a few minutes ago so hopefully you'll be able to see the pics - let me know if it's working for you now.

Share this comment

@tariely Glad you can see the pics now *:thumb:

If there's any other entries that you're having trouble seeing - please let me know!

Share this comment