By Michael RT
For what I’m trying to accomplish, as far as I can tell, I should be using either SC4 Tool or the iLive Reader. I would like to be able to edit certain parameters of buildings in the game. For example, changing the radius for police, fire, education, etc. I would also like to change how much power is generated from power plants, how much water is generated by water pumps and towers, etc. Basically do everything (hopefully) that can be done in SimCity 3000 here.
I’ve tried both SC4 Tool and iLive Reader but can’t seem to find the buildings I’m searching for. I’m truly starting from scratch and need some assistance on either of these programs. Any help is greatly appreciated!
I have a problem with roads.
1. I can't connect two ends of roads together if they are on diffrent terrain levels. Whe one of them is a little bit higher or lower they won't connect. (Pic1)
2. When i build a road and terrain is changing, for egzample is lower then road is makeing someting like bridge, to stay on the same level. It won't fit to terrain like sreets or avenues.(Pic2)
3. And smethinmes when terrain s changing (probably is higher than road) it turns red and telling me "filed smoothing terrain". (Pic3)
SimCity on my older computer doesn't have this problem but have there older version of NAM (maybe 2014?). Now i have my new laptop and i started SimCity and NAM on December 2017, so it's probablu newest version of NAM.
Please help. I don't want to have no roads in my city.
Very thankful Paul
The most up to date version of ilive reader is necesary, check the mods page of http://simtropolis.com for this program.
How to back up simcity_1.dat
1. Find it in your program files and then maxis then simcity 4.
2. copy the file to your desktop and leave it there.
3. If anything goes wrong simply replace this file.
Lesson 1. Creating ordinances that bring in 5000 per resident.
1. Open your ilive reader and load simcity_1.dat
2. Open the analyser click tree then search
3. Find the plus sign beside ordinances and open it
4. search for the ordinance named smoke detectors
5. click it and in the data that appears on the left choose cost per resident double click this info line and edit the value that can be edited. ( a negative number means you are losing money for purpose of this lesson change it to 50000)
6. While we are here lets also change the flamability rating. Find the line named % effect on flamabillity and change it. (1 = normal flamability 0= no flamability 100000=super flamability)
7. close analyser and save
8. Test out the patch
Coming soon how to increase fire radius.
FiSHMan is a new FSH file management and tweaking tool. This tool allows you to probe FSH files, add and remove sub images and palettes, and even includes a batch processing tool that allows you to quickly and easily generate multiple .fsh textures compatible with SimCity 4.
UPDATED DECEMBER 27, 2003:
1) Fixed bugs with auto name generation. Names no longer get truncated if you don't put a number in the output filename. (i.e. use doc.fsh, not doc1.fsh).
2) Alpha map requirement has been removed from the batch processor. A default fully-opaque image will be used if you don't select an alpha map, or, if your base image is a .png, the .png's alpha map will be used. ALPHA MAPS ARE ONLY USED FOR OVERLAY TEXTURES.
Updated August 5, 2003: Updated the batch processor. It is now much more flexible in how it handles files and sequences of files. Clicking the Batch Add button no longer processes the batch, it just adds files to the list. Added a new checkbox to enable or disable the automatic generation of scaled bitmaps for base and overlay textures. Now you just have to create the largest image, the 128x128 version of the texture, and FiSHMan does the rest for you. Added a save batch feature, which will save the list of files to be processed to one of two formats: .fbatch,
By Null 45
This is a tool that I wrote to create multi-image textures. It can also add images to a fsh file in an existing dat.
The instance range in "instRange.txt" must be changed to your assigned range from the BSC Texture Index. Additional documentation is in the Readme. The support thread is Multi Fsh Tool
The .NET Framework 3.5 Client profile is required on Windows Vista and XP.
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.