5 Screenshots

About This File

Max's Microchips, by Mattb325.
---------------------------------------

As part of providing some much needed, long overdue upgrades to some of the Maxis I-HT stalwarts, I decided that Max's Microchips deserved a new 're-imaging' for the 21st Century. Please note that this doesn't interfere with the original Maxis files and will also work for those who have a Maxis blocker installed.

This I-HT Anchor lot comes in two flavours: 6x6 and 8x8 (use the CTRL Key while zoning to ensure that you get the correct lot size).

It is growable only on medium and high density Industrial zones and provides 1,184 jobs.

The building itself is strictly fictional; although I drew inspiration from the some of the Industrial developments that are springing up in SE Asia where large areas of the building activity and function are contained underground. This is one such building as evidenced by the sloping driveway and reflective pond covered roof punctuated by air intake vents.

The two floors visible from street level are for office and reception space.

Stats, links and dependencies are listed below.

STATS (IHT):

Growth Stage:           2 & 3 (medium and high density zones)
Bulldoze Cost:          §264
Capacity Satisfied:  IH-T 1,184
Pollution:                  19 (Air)/ 7 (Water)/ 6 (Garbage )
Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
Power Consumed:   139 Mwh
Water Consumed:    130 Gal/Month
Building Style:           Chicago/NY/Houston/Euro
Occupant Group:      Industrial Hi-Tech

NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite.
You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot or Desc files!

If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. Either:

Or: http://gizmo.aplaceforwebsite.com/index.php (please note Gizmo's site is no longer operational)

DEPENDENCIES:

*BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180

*BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790

*BSC Textures Vol01:                      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=90

To install, simply unzip the file into your plugins folder.

Thankyou and enjoy.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

(from the pictures) I'm totally impressed by the shaodws of the air shafts on the water. And the design - that's some refreshing style for my cities. And if the workers in the underground storage don't pay attention when they put on an cieling lamp - they might get a refreshment too. No, jokes apart - that's a real eye-catcher. Downloaded immediatly.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Fantozzi said:

And if the workers in the underground storage don't pay attention when they put on an cieling lamp - they might get a refreshment too.

That's the sprinkler system. *:D

Now this is really a neat building - in addition to what others already commented, I like how it lines up with many standard measures and thus fits easily into many existing Lot Editor textures. It also has some very interesting architectural features but still manages to look absolutely credible and not over the top.

Besides, you're absolutely right: I-HT needs some love - and if it gets it at such a quality level, what more can you ask for?

*notes this one on IRM to-do list*

Share this comment

4 hours ago, T Wrecks said:

That's the sprinkler system. *:D

Now this is really a neat building - in addition to what others already commented, I like how it lines up with many standard measures and thus fits easily into many existing Lot Editor textures. It also has some very interesting architectural features but still manages to look absolutely credible and not over the top.

Besides, you're absolutely right: I-HT needs some love - and if it gets it at such a quality level, what more can you ask for?

*notes this one on IRM to-do list*

This is what I was expecting to read...

Share this comment

@T Wrecksyepp, and it's on the SeaPort to do list as well. :) It gives me some idea, how I can use this wonderful model! :)

@mattb325Thank you very much sharing this beautiful building and lot! We have a huge need of I-Ht buildings/lots, and this one is a perfect addition! :)

Share this comment

Thanks everyone - please see the inspiration pic...you'll note not much parking exists. This is the case in most parts of the world where land isn't cheap or plentiful enough to build acres of parking:Industrial.JPG.efe17e3b870c9698b14ba4556e433dcd.JPG

On the subject of parking.

I am aware of all of the new parking textures: I use them and I love them.

However for basic applications such as employee parking or infrequent visitor parking they are simply too elaborate. Yes there are basic ortho versions in these packs but their base textures do not necessarily align with the ground plane textures that are baked into the Bat (such as the concrete on the sloping driveway). 

In real life parking spaces provided in both the private and public spheres exist from dirt & gravel areas, to on-street-parking to plain concrete to fancy cobble-stones to multi-story parking garages and everything else in-between.

The main driver is cost: the more complicated the design, the higher the initial construction and ongoing maintenance costs. A building like this simply wouldn't have elaborate parking spaces: these are suited to retail, corporate headquarters and newly-constructed public/civic spaces which are highly visible.

Just because there are new diagonal parking textures available doesn't mean that orthogonal parking textures (or even the tight Maxis parking textures) can no longer be used.

On my lots, I will use the parking textures which I deem most appropriate to the bat.

If that doesn't suit your taste, then please use the lot editor to adjust the file accordingly (to that end I leave the .desc file separate from the .lot file so that every user with only basic modding knowledge can make changes without mucking up the files)

I am certainly not aiming this comment at anyone in particular and I don't wish to engage in keyboard warfare, but after last year I have decided to release a back-log of a lot of my other files, so for civility's sake, please, please, please I request that each of you puts the notion of which parking texture you think I should use to one side.

Thankyou in advance.

Share this comment

Roger that! I'm in a similar lotting situation with my IRM re-lots, actually. They also feature pretty simple orthogonal parking overlays - partly because those awesome choices we have these days were not available when I started (and I wanted to stick to one coherent look), partly for the reasons you explained in your text.

It's inevitable that some ppl would have preferred a different choice or style, and if they say so in a STEX comment... well, I can understand that it can get on your nerves if it happens too often, but maybe it helps a little if you treat it like a re-lot request to the community - not like "you chose a bad texture, and I criticise you for that", but more like "I'd prefer a different texture, could someone make that happen?". Might help a little when you find yourself about to sigh and roll your eyes - or worse. *;)

In the end, it's lamentable that we don't have more people who pick up the lot editor. A simple re-lot where you only change textures and props (but don't need to worry about modding) is super easy to make, and the STEX is just a few clicks away. A new lot doesn't take anything away, it only adds to the choice available for everyone. As a positive side effect, it may help make people aware of BATs whose existence they hadn't even been aware of.

Share this comment

Discussing which one - of maybe 40, maybe 50 possible parking lot textures may be the best here ... this may end up like my family discussing the participants of the eurovision song contest.

Turning - once every year! - our living room into the italian parliament.

No. Not me.  

Share this comment

Ultimately there are so many potential configurations, it's impossible to make everyone happy. But the LE is so easy to use, that if you don't like anything (not specifically this lot), you have the power to do something about it. Hardly something to complain about in any case.

Share this comment