Maxis Highway Override - Concrete Retexture by Bipin, MGB & Samerton 2.0.0

(10 Reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Maxis Highway Override - Concrete Retexture
by @Bipin, @rsc204 and @Samerton

Information
- This mod will replace the textures for the Maxis Highway Override network included in the Network Addon Mod to a concrete texture.

Installation

- To install this mod, paste the folder entitled "z____Concrete_MHO" directly into your plugins folder.
- If you are installing the mod into a custom folder within your plugins, ensure it loads after the Maxis Highway Override itself.

- Four optional files are included, please remove any that aren't needed:

- z_BTM_Patch.dat
    For users of the Shinkansen (BTM) mod included in the NAM

- z_Moonlinght_Alternate_ELR_Patch.dat
    For users of the Alternate El-Rail mod included in the NAM

- z_RRW_Patch.dat
    For users of RealRailWay from the NAM

- z_JapNAMFL_Overpasses_Patch.dat
    For users of the Japanese NAM Facelift Mods Overpasses. Ensure this loads after the Japanese NAM Facelift mod itself.

Including these files without having the corresponding mods installed may cause issues.

- To uninstall this mod, simply remove the folder containing the mod (by default "z___Concrete_MHO") from your plugins folder.

Dependencies
- Network Addon Mod with Maxis Highway Override installed

Special Thanks

- Thanks to @MandelSoft for providing the model files for the Maxis Highway Override tunnel entrances

- A huge thanks goes to @rsc204 for the new version 2.0 models and fixes - check out other projects by rsc204 here

Support
- If you're experiencing an issue with the mod, you can find the support thead here: 

http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/59701-samertons-retextures-development-and-support/

Textures created by @Bipin and Samerton - check out other projects by Bipin here

Modded by @Samerton

What's New in Version 2.0.0   View Changelog

Released

Credit for this update goes to @rsc204, huge thanks to him!

- Update models for NAM 35

- Update MHO tunnel model textures

- Fix a couple of outdated model textures

- Include support for the BTM, RRW and alternate El-Rail implementation within the NAM, as well as the Japan overpasses mod

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

APSMS

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I'm still not sold on concrete shoulders (all the freeways are concrete where I am and none have a concrete shoulder) , but I am still solidly impressed with the effort and detail.

Theres a bit of tiling from further zooms, I notice, but still grade A work. Thanks! 

Share this review

Link to review
AsimPika3172

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Nice highway in MHO white version! :thumb: Time for enjoy it!

Share this review

Link to review
Takingyouthere

Wow this mod looks fantastic in an urban environment. 

Share this review

Link to review
_marsh_

Love it!

Share this review

Link to review
MisterBlueStar4

Needs to be in NAM 36

Share this review

Link to review
sucram17

well this is some piece of work:lol: Well done fellows, and thanks for sharing. Next might finally be a similar road mod.

5/5

Share this review

Link to review
rsc204

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

Well, well, well... you did it! Congrats to both Samerton and BiPin for getting this to a point of release. I know this one has been floating around for a while. Not only that though, but you've comprehensively ensured every MHO piece is covered.

It's a shame that a full RHW override would be so much work, the number of textures is staggering. Because I think this style would look great everywhere. Nonetheless, this is a excellent cosmetic mod that I can highly recommend.

If there was one tiny addition I'd like to see... what about an EU variant, basically without the Yellow lines?

Share this review

Link to review
Dominik15

0 of 1 member found this review helpful 0 / 1 member

Why are Maxis ramps not even included?
How to connect the exits from the roundabout to the highway ?

Share this review

Link to review
matias93

Yay for concrete: nicer, more environmentally friendly, structurally useful and in general more better than best ;p

And while the chances of getting a similar mod for the entire RHW are super slim, I still hold the hopes...

Share this review

Link to review

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Get the best of the best from the STEX!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange. Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections