About This File
This is main railway station i made for my city based on Berlin Hauptbahnhoff, it works as elevated heavy rail and subway station, sits on 14x8 transit enabled lot.
- BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180
- CP_PropPack_Vol01.dat https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/14842-bsc-prop-pack-cycledogg-no-1/
- latest Network Addon Mod
THIS IS NEW VERSION OF STATION, MODDED BY Z1.
He put a lot of effort to tweak all the details that I couldn't figure myself:
- The transit switch point was replaced with the NAM standard transit switch point for this type of station. This change took only a few seconds, requiring a simple copy and paste operation, but it results in the biggest change to the station. There should be at least several times as many Sims using this station now, if not more, depending on your city. The station now has the capability of acting as a true transportation hub for your city.
- According to NAM standards, a station this size would undoubtedly be connected to one or more bus lines, so I added bus service.
- Previously, no paths were included for the trains in the station. This means that automata and UDI would not work properly within this station, since all stations connected to puzzle-piece networks require internal paths. This has been fixed.
- Previously, freight trains could not pass through this station. This has been fixed, although only passengers can get on and off trains, since this is not a freight station.
- A station this size will have people arriving and departing by taxi, so I added a taxi generator.
- The information for the menu tooltip had never been filled in, so the station wasn't even properly identified in the menu. This has been fixed, and a small amount of info about the station has been included.
- The menu icon was replaced by the one that PIM-X generates, which is much more distinctive.
- The station was moved from the Misc Transit menu to the Rail menu, since it is primarily a rail station.
- One of the implications of the new transit switches is that a subway line will work equally well regardless of where it passes under the lot. You don't need to connect up to the subway square, or even have the line pass under the main building.
- As the station is primarily a rail station, and subway access is secondary, the game no longer enters the Subway Building View when you select the station from the menu.
- All of this comes at a cost, of course. The previous plop cost of this station was §100 - the same as a single-tile Maxis bus stop. Using PIM-X, the new plop cost is calculated to be §8700 for a station and lot covering 112 tiles. Bulldoze cost went from §100 to §834. And the monthly cost went from §20 to §480. (For reference, the monthly cost of the far smaller Maxis Grand Rail Station is §300.)
- Jobs were distributed more realistically by PIM-X. Old: R$: 95, R$$: 5, R$$$: 0. New: R$: 69, R$$: 33, R$$$: 6.
- The original building emitted no pollution of any kind. Now, at the center, air pollution is 38, water pollution is 19, and garbage output is 76. The radii for these pollution types is 1, 2, and 0, respectively. The building emits no radiation.
- Power consumption is unchanged at 61. However, the previous building consumed no water; the water consumption of the new building is 77.
- The transit switch entry cost was changed from zero, which allowed everything to pass through the station at infinite speed, to .0069, which is the standard passenger train speed.
- The station capacity was raised from 100,000 to 240,000. A lot more Sims are going to be using this station.
What's New View Changelog
No changelog available for this version.