1 Screenshot

About This File

This is main railway station i made for my city based on Berlin Hauptbahnhoff, it works as elevated heavy rail and subway station, sits on 14x8 transit enabled lot.
- BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180
- CP_PropPack_Vol01.dat https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/14842-bsc-prop-pack-cycledogg-no-1/
- latest Network Addon Mod

THIS IS NEW VERSION OF STATION, MODDED BY Z1.

He put a lot of effort to tweak all the details that I couldn't figure myself:

• The transit switch point was replaced with the NAM standard transit switch point for this type of station. This change took only a few seconds, requiring a simple copy and paste operation, but it results in the biggest change to the station. There should be at least several times as many Sims using this station now, if not more, depending on your city. The station now has the capability of acting as a true transportation hub for your city.
  • According to NAM standards, a station this size would undoubtedly be connected to one or more bus lines, so I added bus service.
  • Previously, no paths were included for the trains in the station. This means that automata and UDI would not work properly within this station, since all stations connected to puzzle-piece networks require internal paths. This has been fixed.
  • Previously, freight trains could not pass through this station. This has been fixed, although only passengers can get on and off trains, since this is not a freight station.
  • A station this size will have people arriving and departing by taxi, so I added a taxi generator.
  • The information for the menu tooltip had never been filled in, so the station wasn't even properly identified in the menu. This has been fixed, and a small amount of info about the station has been included.
  • The menu icon was replaced by the one that PIM-X generates, which is much more distinctive.
  • The station was moved from the Misc Transit menu to the Rail menu, since it is primarily a rail station.
  • One of the implications of the new transit switches is that a subway line will work equally well regardless of where it passes under the lot. You don't need to connect up to the subway square, or even have the line pass under the main building.
  • As the station is primarily a rail station, and subway access is secondary, the game no longer enters the Subway Building View when you select the station from the menu.
  • All of this comes at a cost, of course. The previous plop cost of this station was §100 - the same as a single-tile Maxis bus stop. Using PIM-X, the new plop cost is calculated to be §8700 for a station and lot covering 112 tiles. Bulldoze cost went from §100 to §834. And the monthly cost went from §20 to §480. (For reference, the monthly cost of the far smaller Maxis Grand Rail Station is §300.)
  • Jobs were distributed more realistically by PIM-X. Old: R$: 95, R$$: 5, R$$$: 0. New: R$: 69, R$$: 33, R$$$: 6.
  • The original building emitted no pollution of any kind. Now, at the center, air pollution is 38, water pollution is 19, and garbage output is 76. The radii for these pollution types is 1, 2, and 0, respectively. The building emits no radiation.
  • Power consumption is unchanged at 61. However, the previous building consumed no water; the water consumption of the new building is 77.
  • The transit switch entry cost was changed from zero, which allowed everything to pass through the station at infinite speed, to .0069, which is the standard passenger train speed.
  • The station capacity was raised from 100,000 to 240,000. A lot more Sims are going to be using this station.

What's New   View Changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

GTT

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
io_bg

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
flatron

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
adys

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Krio

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Fargo

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
FC_olle

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By debussyman

W2W buildings based on a similar one in Budapest.
      3 Color variations: Yellow, White and Brick/Stucco.
      These are overhanging props that work only as Eye Candy to fill the corners on avenue roundabouts.
      Located under the Parks Menu.

• By debussyman
      The Zeughaus (old Arsenal) in Berlin, Germany is the oldest structure on the Unter den Linden. It was built by the Brandenburg Elector Frederick III between 1695 and 1730 in the baroque style, to be used as an artillery arsenal for the display of cannons from Brandenburg and Prussia. The first building master was Johann Arnold Nering. After his death in 1695, he was followed by Martin Grünberg, then Andreas Schlüter and finally Jean de Bodt. Andreas Schlüter designed the keystones above the round-arch windows in the from of heads of giants. Georg Friedrich Hitzig (1811-1881) constructed the monumental flight of steps to the upper floor of the north wing and also a roof over the courtyard.

The building was transformed into a military museum in 1875.

Museum 9x9
      Plop cost:3,000
      Nightlighted
    • By debussyman
      The Commandant's House (Alte Kommandantur) marks the beginning of the boulevard Unter den Linden in Berlin. Located directly across from the armory and in the immediate vicinity of the Museum Island. Completely destroyed during WWII, it was rebuilt from scratch in 2003.

Type: Education
      Size:4x3
      Plop Cost:110
      Monthly cost:0
      *Nightlighted
    • By T Wrecks
      Caribou Elevated Rail Station
      BAT and original lots & modding by caribou
      Re-modding, new lot design, readme & custom menu icon by T Wrecks
      Take a look at my little lot thread at Simtropolis
      Introduction / Overview
      This download contains a new lot for an elevated rail station BATed by Japanese BATter caribou. It has a capacity of 3,000 and is a combined EL-rail and bus station. I merely modified and re-lotted the station to introduce some tweaks and additional features:
      The original lot had a road overlay texture placed under the open underpass, but it was without function. I wanted to make it functional, but transit-enabling one tile for two traffic types (EL-rail above, road below) is a pain and would have caused problems with automata. So I opted for making the building overhang the lot by 1 tile, just like morifari did with his modern EL-rail stations. Now you can place it partly over a street/road/one-way road - see screenshots. The Plugin Manager suggests horrible values; most civic buildings are set to 95 low-wealth and 5 medium-wealth civic jobs by default! This was the case with caribou's station, too. However, a Maxis EL-rail station provides no more than 2 low-wealth civic jobs. This is why I re-modded the station, and of course to tweak some other stats. Since it is possible to make this station bridge a road, and there are even some commuter shelters down there, I reckoned it would be cool to have this station act not only as a simple EL-rail station, but also as bus station! It can even convert EL to bus traffic directly, i.e. commuters can ride to the station by El-rail and continue their travel by bus without any additional bus station. Last but not least, a new custom menu icon & description and, of course, this concise readme have been added for your convenience. My special thanks goes to:
      Caribou for BATting such a nice station,
      Vester_DK for bringing it to my attention in the Massive Gigantic Japanese BAT Gallery thread, and
      Andreas Roth for helping me out with the transit properties.

This item will appear in your "Misc. Transportation" menu right next to the Maxis EL-rail station.

Dependencies
      You will need Caribou's original BAT, which you can find here. (click the download link under the screenshots)</
      -Mod Edit: Fixed page layout -Cori
    • By T Wrecks
      Caribou Monorail Station
      BAT and original lots &modding by caribou
      Re-modding, new lot design, readme & custom menu icon by T Wrecks
      Take a look at my little lot thread at Simtropolis
      Introduction / Overview
      This download contains a new lot for a monorail station BATed by Japanese BATter caribou. It has a capacity of 3,000 and is a combined monorail and bus station. I merely modified and re-lotted the station to introduce some tweaks and additional features:
      The original lot had a road overlay texture placed under the open underpass, but it was without function. I wanted to make it functional, but transit-enabling one tile for two traffic types (monorail above, road below) is a pain and would have caused problems with automata. So I opted for making the building overhang the lot by 1 tile, just like morifari did with his modern EL-rail stations. Now you can place it partly over a street/road/one-way road - see screenshots. The Plugin Manager suggests horrible values; most civic buildings are set to 95 low-wealth and 5 medium-wealth civic jobs by default! This was the case with caribou's station, too. However, a Maxis monorail station provides no more than 2 low-wealth civic jobs. This is why I re-modded the station, and of course to tweak some other stats. Since it is possible to make this station bridge a road, and there are even some commuter shelters down there, I reckoned it would be cool to have this station act not only as a simple monorail station, but also as bus station! It can even convert monorail to bus traffic directly, i.e. commuters can ride to the station by monorail and continue their travel by bus without any additional bus station. Last but not least, a new custom menu icon & description and, of course, this concise readme have been added for your convenience. My special thanks goes to:
      Caribou for BATting such a nice station,
      Vester_DK for bringing it to my attention in the Massive Gigantic Japanese BAT Gallery thread, and
      Andreas Roth for helping me out with the transit properties.

This item will appear in your "Rail Transportation" menu right next to the Maxis monorail station.

Dependencies
      You will need Caribou's original BAT, which you can find here. (first scroll down on the page until you see the box labeled caribou_elevated_rail_station.zip and click the download link)

-Mod Edit: Fixed page layout -Cori

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections