1 Screenshot

About This File

This is main railway station i made for my city based on Berlin Hauptbahnhoff, it works as elevated heavy rail and subway station, sits on 14x8 transit enabled lot.
- BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180
- CP_PropPack_Vol01.dat http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/14842-bsc-prop-pack-cycledogg-no-1/
- latest Network Addon Mod

THIS IS NEW VERSION OF STATION, MODDED BY Z1.

He put a lot of effort to tweak all the details that I couldn't figure myself:

• The transit switch point was replaced with the NAM standard transit switch point for this type of station. This change took only a few seconds, requiring a simple copy and paste operation, but it results in the biggest change to the station. There should be at least several times as many Sims using this station now, if not more, depending on your city. The station now has the capability of acting as a true transportation hub for your city.
  • According to NAM standards, a station this size would undoubtedly be connected to one or more bus lines, so I added bus service.
  • Previously, no paths were included for the trains in the station. This means that automata and UDI would not work properly within this station, since all stations connected to puzzle-piece networks require internal paths. This has been fixed.
  • Previously, freight trains could not pass through this station. This has been fixed, although only passengers can get on and off trains, since this is not a freight station.
  • A station this size will have people arriving and departing by taxi, so I added a taxi generator.
  • The information for the menu tooltip had never been filled in, so the station wasn't even properly identified in the menu. This has been fixed, and a small amount of info about the station has been included.
  • The menu icon was replaced by the one that PIM-X generates, which is much more distinctive.
  • The station was moved from the Misc Transit menu to the Rail menu, since it is primarily a rail station.
  • One of the implications of the new transit switches is that a subway line will work equally well regardless of where it passes under the lot. You don't need to connect up to the subway square, or even have the line pass under the main building.
  • As the station is primarily a rail station, and subway access is secondary, the game no longer enters the Subway Building View when you select the station from the menu.
  • All of this comes at a cost, of course. The previous plop cost of this station was §100 - the same as a single-tile Maxis bus stop. Using PIM-X, the new plop cost is calculated to be §8700 for a station and lot covering 112 tiles. Bulldoze cost went from §100 to §834. And the monthly cost went from §20 to §480. (For reference, the monthly cost of the far smaller Maxis Grand Rail Station is §300.)
  • Jobs were distributed more realistically by PIM-X. Old: R$: 95, R$$: 5, R$$$: 0. New: R$: 69, R$$: 33, R$$$: 6.
  • The original building emitted no pollution of any kind. Now, at the center, air pollution is 38, water pollution is 19, and garbage output is 76. The radii for these pollution types is 1, 2, and 0, respectively. The building emits no radiation.
  • Power consumption is unchanged at 61. However, the previous building consumed no water; the water consumption of the new building is 77.
  • The transit switch entry cost was changed from zero, which allowed everything to pass through the station at infinite speed, to .0069, which is the standard passenger train speed.
  • The station capacity was raised from 100,000 to 240,000. A lot more Sims are going to be using this station.

What's New   View Changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

GTT

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
io_bg

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
flatron

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
adys

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Krio

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Fargo

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
FC_olle

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By AmiPolizeiFunk
      Hi Simtropolians,

I'm building my home town, Berlin, with the help of your many mods and assets (I am using 70+ mods and 600+ assets). I started playing Cities:Skylines about 2 months ago and I'm enthused by the activity happening here and in the Steam Workshop. Thank you guys! 

I'm endeavoring to add some of my own custom assets to the Workshop, but I'm new to the entire process. I'm good at photoshop, but I suck at Blender! I booted blender for the first time last week, so I'm at the rough end of a steep learning curve. You guys have been very helpful to get me over a few stumbling points. Now I'm getting ready to publish a couple of items and I'd like to run them by you first. I'm trying to start simple, but even simple objectives seem to morph into week-long efforts. Please let me know how my work can be improved.

I've got a Checkpoint Charlie cooking (check my screenshot stream on steam or on twitter, if you're interested), but let's start with the Rosinenbomber from the Deutsches Technikmuseum:

I found a DC-3 model by Giovanni E and lifted it to the top of the stock library with some prop anarchy:

I was happy to find a DC-3, but the model has some texture problems (the illumination map is always fully on) because it's an old model and was probably made before After Dark. In wanting to fix the lighting problem, I wound up re-texturing the entire model to specifically be the famous Berlin C-47 "Rosinenbomber," as well as adding some propellers.

It's starting to look decent in-game, but I still have some shadowing issues that I'm working on around the windows.

I'd like to improve the body texture so that it looks more silvery and less white in the sun (I'm using PhotoReal3 LUT and Daylight Classic mods).

Here are my current diffuse and spec maps:

How would I go about improving the look of the body surface? I'd like it to be more shiny and silvery.

My next question is, what is a good approach to make the LOD model?

Thx for looking & thx in advance for your suggestions.
      -Ami
    • By RebaLynnTS
      Unable to provide much information on this apart from the picture as everything else appears to have been lost when SimPeg went offline, its used as a dependency by
      If anyone has any more details like the original readme it would be great if you let me have a copy of it.
      -catty
    • By maied
      Hello All,
      I was wondering how one might transition GLR to regular ground rail (heavy rail)? It is probably some easy thing that I am just missing. But, any help would be appreciated. I want to connect the GLR networks of two different cities. I would have trouble using elevated rail in this particular situation. Although, if that's the only way, I guess I will have to make it work. 
      Anywho, is there a lot for this transition from GLR to rail? Or something included in the NAM?
      Thanks again for any help.
    • By Simmer2
      SM2 Oakland Train Stations.
      Welcome back for more rail stations.
      These stations are trench style old concrete 15m sunken models and are suitable for sunken rail transportation related networks. These are Heavy Rail passenger train stations.
      Due to the nature of the network, no freight trains will use these stations.
      Each one has a capacity of 75,000 passengers.
      Lot size 6X3
      Please follow the pictorial instructions included in this upload for best results.
      There are 2 models. 1 with a roof and one without (NR= No Roof)
      Complete station pictures included.
      Dependencies
      NONE
      Optional - any wall retainers you wish to use, to dress up the trench as you see fit.
      Have fun.
      Simmer2
    • By Simmer2
      SM2 Oakland GLR Stations.
      Welcome back for more rail stations.
      These stations are trench style old concrete 15m sunken models and are suitable for sunken rail transportation related networks. GLR (Ground Light Rail)
      Each one has a capacity of 75,000 passengers.
      Lot size 6X3
      Please follow the pictorial instructions included in this upload for best results.
      There are 2 models. 1 with a roof and one without (NR= No Roof)
      For the GLR stations you must use a GLR-Subway tunnel converter.
      Complete station pictures included.
      Have fun
      Simmer2
      Dependencies
      SM2 Oakland Train Stations
      stations/
      Hillside GLR to subway transition by morifari -

Optional - any wall retainers you wish to use, to dress up the trench as you see fit.
      Simmer2

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections