True Earth

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Cephalonia (Waterside)

pMllyfH.jpg

It's impossible to imagine Greece without the sea - so it's only fitting that we start our tour of Cephalonia with some scenes from the surrounding Ionian Sea. Thousands of years ago, Greek fleets once crossed these waters, engaging in massive wars. While things may be quite a bit different these days - the sea still remains vital. From enjoying a day out in the sun to taking your boat out on a cruise - this is one of the most picturesque locations in the entire Mediterranean.

We begin with one of the many campgrounds that overlook the water here. It's difficult to imagine a more beautiful location.

UrdFbfj.jpg

Hot air balloons are one of the best ways to view the island - the views from above are simply incredible.

6Rj1O0g.jpg

For those seeking a thrill - hang gliding is a popular activity throughout the region!

c9Yywhq.jpg

While whale spottings are rare in this part of Greece - if you keep your eyes out, you just might get lucky and spot a few.

1ZfPCgn.jpg

Early mornings on the beach are spectacular. Quieter crowds and beautiful golden sunrises make this a great time to visit.

AeGkyPx.jpg

Even in misty weather - the landscapes here are magical.

fhnORND.jpg

3TifPQt.jpg

zHG4rHF.jpg

The only concern might be the occasional rain shower..

v4qmKXq.jpg

9NF9aZY.jpg

If hang gliding wasn't enough adventure - you can also try out paragliding.

ZDgVW54.jpg

With landscapes this stunning and crowds growing in the summer months - one hot air balloon might not be enough.

LJrGabp.jpg

riVukdi.jpg

The steep roads here that overlook the ocean offer some truly incredible views.

I7furZR.jpg

gfaZHPb.jpg

v7TGfGu.jpg

xwzKNLD.jpg

fPQRL2I.jpg

The surrounding farmland of Cephalonia is just as beautiful - and it's where we'll be headed to next.

5AOLOmE.jpg

70aMkO7.jpg

Don't forget to comment, like, and follow True Earth if you haven't already!

-korver

---

Previous Update: "Cephalonia: Introduction"

sv9P1tl.jpg

Big thanks to @mike_oxlong, @GoKingsGo, @RobertLM78, @RandyE, @_Michael, @Fantozzi, @CorinaMarie, @Manuel-ito, @Toby Ferrian, @sucram17, @Elenphor, @matias93, @TMTS, @redfox85, @raynev1, @Marushine, @Odainsaker, @kingofsimcity, @bobolee, @juliok92012, @scotttbarry, @mrsmartman, @SC4L0ver, & @Jonas_Chaves for all the likes!

17 Comments

Recommended Comments

And I quote; 

Hot air balloons are one of the best ways to view the island - the views from above are simply incredible.

I'm good. The views you've offered seem even better than the balloon ride. :}

Share this comment

Aaaah.......Yeeesss....   Aaaah... oooooh....But.....aaaargh.... can't... take... any.... more... of those..... mosaaaaaaaah......mosaaaaaaaaaaargh......... mosaics

Go%20on%20without%20me-S.jpg

(no, really, what can be said that hasn't been said before ? You'll be the death of me.)

Share this comment

for this entry I'll go with the word Stupendous.  When you type it into Google it says "extremely impressive."  When you type in extremely, it says "to a very great degree."  When you type impressive, it says "evoking admiration through size, quality, or skill; grand, imposing, or awesome."  So this entry is evoking admiration through size, quality, and skill... to a very great degree.

Share this comment

Whew, sorry but I can't find the best word to describe this work, it's is just too uhmm, err. . . Anyway really dig that beach with those colorful parasols tinged with the sunset, it really makes the scene more realistic... But yeah here's another one for you mate. . .

Thumbs Up.png

Share this comment