(Offline-Only) Roads With No Traffic Lights 1.5 / 1.2

(23 Reviews)

7 Screenshots

About This File

This mod adds the roads with only stop signs at the intersections.  

Features:

- High Density Street and Medium Density Street with no traffic lights.

- High Density Avenue and Medium Density Avenue with no traffic lights (version 1.1).

- High Density Streetcar Avenue with no traffic lights (version 1.2).

- Major roads and Secondary roads.

- Cars pass pedestrians at the intersections.

- You can add the traffic lights using "Road Upgrade" and remove them again according to your wishes (see screenshot below).

You should save the game after creation of region and restart the game, so you can upgrade the ordinary roads to the roads with no traffic lights.

This mod can help to reduce traffic congestion in the city. 

You need to place a road in a value "a secondary road" at first and then a road in a value "a major road" (It doesn't matter when the road crosses the Avenue).

When you use this mod with the Project Akar by Yayie (http://bit.ly/1ooMyA4), you can find these roads in "Custom Roads".

Thanks to Yayie for assistance in preparing update 1.3 and Banwashere for preparation of icons in update 1.4.

THIS IS AN OFFLINE-ONLY MOD.

How to install: 

Unzip the files, copy and paste the .package files into your SimCityData folder.

Regional Roads With No Traffic Lights should be used ONLY WITH the main mod "Roads With No Traffic Lights".

What's New in Version 1.5 / 1.2   View Changelog

Released

• Fixed the problem, when it was impossible to set the Maglev tracks and Elevated Railway;

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Nice.. So you basically have main AVE's and you upgrade the side roads to be stop signs only if you like to get the aves moving as quickly as possible

Wonder how yields would work with the same idea

Nice job.. good idea

Share this comment

Nice.. So you basically have main AVE's and you upgrade the side roads to be stop signs only if you like to get the aves moving as quickly as possible

Wonder how yields would work with the same idea

Nice job.. good idea

Thank you! I tried to make this mod because nearby traffic lights often cause traffic congestion. And it was impossible to connect a side street with no traffic lights, for example. I hope that this mod will help to reduce the traffic load in the city.

Share this comment

Just wanted to say, I went and tried your mod, and it works absolutely great!! Now I can design my city in any way I like, grids and all, like this simcity seems to prefer over anything else. Oh sweet, this mod does an awesome job at eliminating all gridlock and lets all traffic flow freely without the mess that usually comes when zoning medium and high density roads. thank you so much for making this awesome mod. Any possibility you can make one for pollution or maybe, something that tricks the things like trade and electronics into believing you're ready for the next upgrade. Lol but it would nice though. thanks again for the mod.

Share this comment

Fantastic mod! Traffic flows nicely without lights on every corner, and visually the streets look better when you zoom in and take a look around (less cluttered without all those poles). One thing I noticed... when they don't have to stop at every corner the sims drive like maniacs! It's quite amusing to watch.

Why why why didn't maxis include this in the base game??!!?? Thanks for a great mod.

Share this comment

I need this w avenues! great start tho. I love to control traffic

I will try to add the Avenue with no traffic lights in this mod in the next updates. Follow for the news!

Share this comment

hmmm ... i create Medium and High density the frist.....

Oh, but the latest update archive file with this mod was before you posted your mod.

Share this comment

Oh, but the latest update archive file with this mod was before you posted your mod.

i add my mods last day , not today...

Share this comment

i add my mods last day , not today...

I updated the archive file last day too.

Share this comment

I need this w avenues! great start tho. I love to control traffic

You can download version 1.1 today!

need high Avenue StreetCar now

Share this comment

brilliant work max, works a treat, traffic problems are history, no more grid lock. 

also works great with CoT.

Share this comment