(Offline-Only) Roads With No Traffic Lights 1.5 / 1.2

(24 Reviews)

7 Screenshots

About This File

This mod adds the roads with only stop signs at the intersections.  

Features:

- High Density Street and Medium Density Street with no traffic lights.

- High Density Avenue and Medium Density Avenue with no traffic lights (version 1.1).

- High Density Streetcar Avenue with no traffic lights (version 1.2).

- Major roads and Secondary roads.

- Cars pass pedestrians at the intersections.

- You can add the traffic lights using "Road Upgrade" and remove them again according to your wishes (see screenshot below).

You should save the game after creation of region and restart the game, so you can upgrade the ordinary roads to the roads with no traffic lights.

This mod can help to reduce traffic congestion in the city. 

You need to place a road in a value "a secondary road" at first and then a road in a value "a major road" (It doesn't matter when the road crosses the Avenue).

When you use this mod with the Project Akar by Yayie (http://bit.ly/1ooMyA4), you can find these roads in "Custom Roads".

Thanks to Yayie for assistance in preparing update 1.3 and Banwashere for preparation of icons in update 1.4.

THIS IS AN OFFLINE-ONLY MOD.

How to install: 

Unzip the files, copy and paste the .package files into your SimCityData folder.

Regional Roads With No Traffic Lights should be used ONLY WITH the main mod "Roads With No Traffic Lights".

What's New 1.5 / 1.2   View Changelog

Released

• Fixed the problem, when it was impossible to set the Maglev tracks and Elevated Railway;

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Kozing4UR

It's an AMAZING MOD!!! Just one question, is this available with UniDirectional Networks/UDoN? 

Share this review

Link to review
chio3846

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
xoxide

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
MaxvSk

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
vallexum

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
momocan

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
jamiechi

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
nukemd45

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Tetr4ch

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By ScreamCon
      Ever had that feeling of accomplishment building a massive megatower city, only to have the sims flock to your neighbors... here's a mod for you.
       Unlike the regular R.C.I, mega tower apartments  can work both shifts... sounds great right? Until you realize that they overwork themselves from the large amount of excess jobs, or flock to the few and complain of no jobs(aka the apartment ran out of money). This breaks the game if trying to get more than a decent amount of mega towers.
      So... what exactly does this mod do, or incline to fix? Currently it allows the apartments to store more of the unit called "happiness", and disables the more shop complaint. Your sims can still bankrupt like normal however.
      Goal:
      To increase stability of apartment economics and happiness to allow larger cities.

Before you install, make sure you have cities of tomorrow, and a program capable of opening .zip files... some mods may conflict with parts of this one.
      Mod File Description
      - "000-OFFLINE_GameMod_ScreamCon_20180907_1.00_Mega Tower Fix "
      Doubles all respective apartment level happiness capacity
      Installation
      1. Pull the "000-OFFLINE_GameMod_ScreamCon_20180907_1.00_Mega Tower Fix" package file out from the zip file provided in download, and put into the packages folder located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages"
      2. Copy the package file named "SimCityDLCEP1-Scripts_287520926"  from your SimCity folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData\EcoGame", and past it into the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages".
      3. Copy the package file named "SimCity-Scripts_287520926" from your SimCity folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData\EcoGame" and past into the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages".
      *Note... the files copied over in steps two and three need to be the vanilla copies, otherwise the mod will not work.

- "000-OFFLINE_GameMod_ScreamCon_20180918_1.00_Mega Tower Text Fix "... the so called "Data" package fix
      Replaces the megatowers needed shop complaint with the we're okay statement
      Installation
      1. Pull the "Data" package file out from the "000-OFFLINE_GameMod_ScreamCon_20180918_1.00_Mega Tower Text Fix" zip file provided in download, and put into the "en-us" folder located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityData\Locale\en-us".
      *Note... you are replacing the language file package, this is for the "English" version of the game. 

- More to come once I'm done figuring out the lama 
      My Disclaimers/Notes;
      1. It may take an in game week before anything noticeable happens, the mod is rather subtle. 
      2. Apartments that have gone broke, are unhappy, and unemployed, are unlikely to be recoverable with this mod. Miracles do happen though 
      3. Create a backup of your city if using a preexisting one... old cites loaded up may need to have the megatower levels rebuilt to change their stats. A second load up of your city may be required.
      4.These mods were created utilizing the "SimCityPak_0_4_0_0" program, and SimCity files.

One of the pictures features "Brenflakes" "Megatower Limit Increase 1.0" mod listed below. It was used along side this mod, awesome mod by the way
      https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29512-megatower-limit-increase/

EA/MAXIS disclaimer;
      "Modifying files is still experimental  and might lead to city rollbacks. There is no official statement from Maxis nor Ea about using mods, so use at your own risk."

Enjoy

• By joaoarthur
      So, today I´ve began an expansion plan in my city, to create some new highways and develop the town around them, so I went out and downloaded a few intersections from the workshop, here´s the intersections I downloaded: 
      https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1130120664&searchtext=
      https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1478500621&searchtext=
      https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1498250478&searchtext=
      I replaced the vanilla T intersection with the trumpet one I downloaded, replaced a normal intersection with this really small roundabout and just placed the windmill one.
      And then suddenly my industry and offices said they can´t sell their goods even though I have plenty of commercial, also a lot of dead people turned up. Traffic isn´t that bad, it was like this already. What happened to my city? How can I fix it?

• By Antica
      -Cori Edit: The question in this post is completely outdated due to a much newer version of NAM being available. Skip down to the question by @Eusebio Ptolomeu and the replies by @jeffryfisher and @rsc204 for the most up to date information.

Original post follows. (Skip it tho.)
      There is a big list of traffic controllers I can choose in NAM, but to me it's quite unclear which one the best is. The NAM readme file is not really clear about this as well. I have quite a big city (the region has 800.000 inhabitants now) and it is hard to get the suburbians to work in the downtown. Which traffic controller would be the best one between:
      - Standard
      - 2x Capacity
      - 5x Capacity
      - Better Pathfinding
      - Better Pathfinding 2x Capacity
      - Better Pathfinding 5x Capacity
      - Perfect Pathfinding
      - Perfect Pathfinding 2x Capacity
      - Perfect Pathfinding 5x Capacity
      And which setting would be optimal for the Colossus Addon Mod?
    • By Pegasus
      The MTP Logging Roads is a collection of 12 ploppable lots that can be connected together to form a non-functional Logging or Fire Road network throughout your remote and mountainous regions. The collection is very similar to the PEG Scenic Drive Kit, the MTP Access Roads and even the MTP Pine Trails lots. However, this kit has some new toys tossed in to give your roads a more natural & realistic "winding road" appearance.
      These Logging Roads lots are technically parks with almost no park values... but they are located in your Misc. Transportation Menu. Being non-functional, they will provide the look of a rural road extending to remote logging operations, fire watch towers, campgrounds, etc... without the roads getting clogged up with the game's automata. None of these lots require power or water... or access to a functional road network. You can freely plop them anywhere that you like.

All of these lots are texture-based and will conform to the shape and slope of the existing terrain. This means that you can use them with little or no terrain editing... although better results can often be obtained by preparing the terrain beforehand.

*Using the game's functional roads to lay out a path beforehand is both fast & easy... and levels & smooths the tiles that the roads will be plopped on. This method was used to create the switchbacks shown in the picture.. although the wider, sweeping curves required some manual terrain editing.
      The lots included in this package are:
      1x Straight section. 1x Corner section 1x "Tee" section. 1x 4-way Intersection. 1x  Road-End section. 1x Street Transition section. (connects to your functional street or road network) 1x Pulloff section. 1x Parking Area section. 1x Rail Road Crossing. (functionally transit enabled for both passenger & freight rail) 2x2 Sweeping Curve section. (for more natural, wider curves) 2x2 S-Turn Right section. (jogs the road 1 tile to the right) 2x2 S-Turn Left section. (jogs the road 1 tile to the left) * The MTP Terrain Mod is not required for these lots... but it is recommended. These lots use the default MTP grassy texture that was designed to blend with the game default textures... which are also used by the MTP Terrain Mod.
      ** This lot requires the following dependencies:
      PEG MTP SUPER PACK
      PEG MTP Logging RESOURCE
      All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.

-Cori Edit: Made deps clickable linkys.
    • By Synergy67
      I am experimenting on the very last unbuilt neighborhood in my Vulcan Vale huge tile city, which is nearing 100K Sims with nowhere left to build but up. I have constructed this high density housing shown below, so that in order to get out to jobs, the Sims have to go by, first, the subway, and if that doesn't grab them, second, a Park Here lot. I'll be curious to see what percentages each captures and what percentage ignores both and heads out by car. 

I see I still have to break connection to that side road on the left, oops.

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections