Improved Railroad and Streetcar tracks

(23 Reviews)

7 Screenshots

About This File

This modification replaces original textures of SC2013 railways and streetcar tracks to textures with higher resolution. New diffuse, normal and specular maps were drawn from scratch. Grain size on textures have the correct ratio. 

I made this mod for myself, it's not the final version and it's very far from what I want to see in the result. But with this mod you will get more detailed texture for the railways and will be able to make more realistic screenshots. 

Currently I'm creating 3d-models for the railroad tracks. But at this moment SimCityPak refuses to work with export original tracks. As a result, I can't get the dimensions and parameters of the original model. I'll wait for new versions.

Known glitches: 

- One side of the double-track railway darker than the other. This is noticeable in the daytime.

Problem in the original 3D-model (not yet possible to replace it). It's UV-shape are mirrored for the second railway path. Developers in a hurry when injected transport to the game.

- When you connect your railroad to region railway intersection place appears as streetcar tracks.

This is a mistake of the original game. Requires fix.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Grumpyoldowl

0 of 1 member found this review helpful 0 / 1 member

Share this review

Link to review
chio3846

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Share this review

Link to review
Yayie

Share this review

Link to review
meowza

Share this review

Link to review
zjeverico

Share this review

Link to review
NecrisGod

Share this review

Link to review
Captain

Share this review

Link to review
APSMS

Share this review

Link to review
WTEC-R

Share this review

Link to review
clcharle

Share this review

Link to review
Azuredge

Share this review

Link to review
Влад

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• File Feedback

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Get the best of the best from the STEX!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange. Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections