Industry Doubler 2

(91 Reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

This mod doubles the number of jobs provided by the in-game industry buildings. There are 4 files you can optionally install; they double the jobs for each industry category (farming, dirty, manufacturing, and high-tech). So, you don't have to double all the industry categories if you don't wish to do so; you can pick & choose.

I made this mod after trying out the industry-quadrupler mod on this site. I found that mod to be unbalanced, and in the "cheat" category, so I made an alternative mod to be more balanced with the rest of the game.

1. I only doubled the number of jobs, rather than quadrupled them. I found 4x was just too much.

2. I doubled the building tax values. This makes the income from industry to be the same as the default for the same number of jobs. This allows a "industry city" to be economically feasible, just as with the default game values.

3. I doubled the power and water requirements for the buildings. This means you have to spend the same amount of money to support a similar number of jobs as you would with the game default. (I found this balance to be lacking in the industry quadrupler.)

4. I doubled the pollution from each building. Again, this means that the same amount of jobs will produce the same amount of pollution as with the game's default. (Again, missing in the 4x mod.)

See the readme for installation details.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Nice Mod. Gets my city going again after a growth stop because of the lack of space for industry. Going for 1 milion inhabitants now :).

Share this comment

AMAZING! Saved my city/region! Many unemployed before installing this mod and then after installing this I was able to coax my dying city back to its former glory! Great mod, one of those things that makes the game just a bit more realistic, I mean like, what two acre large factory only offers 70 jobs? 140 jobs sounds more like it!

Share this comment

More than once, I've decided to download a mod despite it having one or more features perceived as unfavorable only to discover that the developer had already taken that into account by making their mod modular (no pun intended).  Although, I'm sure I missed out on some nice work before adopting this policy.  To the users: It's in your best interest to read ALL the reviews AND the documentation before passing judgement on a mod.  To the developers: you wouldn't have uploaded your work had you not intended for others to benefit from it, so be thorough in your descriptions because afterall, we're only human.  Now, back to the review.  Bones1, your mod is far more advantageous than it's predecessors.  God job! 

Share this comment

A warning to people before REMOVING this mod: 

Removing this mod will cause traffic inconsistency BETWEEN cities you have built while having this mod activated. Neighbouring cities will act as if you still have this mod installed, sending double the traffic to your industrial cities even though the number of industrial jobs have reduced by 50%. Deleting all industrial and letting it regrow does fix the problem.

Not complaining about the mod, its a great mod and does what it promises, I just wanted to give out this warning to people because this bug forced me to delete a region I had been working on for many many hours.

Share this comment

Just download/installed this, jobs appear straight away with no re-plopping. From comments here I'm confident this will have no ill effects. I didn't use the Water/Air Pollution doubler files, but as mentioned before you can choose these optionally, for me it's too much hassle keeping I-HT going with pollution without doubling my problems. Thanks.

Share this comment

Thank you so much...I know that the 4x mod was overkill for the maxis 50 jobs for a huge factory...now I can have an industry town with out having to have a population of 2 million!

I haven't tried either one yet, but I have noticed that i have to buld huge lots of industry for my towns demand, but thanks to this comment now I have an idea of what the X4 demands (2 million residents). wow, my largest city is 200k. 

I will try x2 first and add x4 if I need it. ... 

Share this comment

I liked your idea and was ready to download until the double of the pollution. For me that is a killed.

Install the appropriate four files if you wish to double all the jobs. If you don't want pollution values doubled, then install the blah.dat file instead of the blah_includingPollution.dat file.

That was on his read file. 
so you can use it and omit the double pollution. 

Have you seen those air purification mods? there is a few of them on the site I have seen. that could help with pollution too. 

nice of him to do all that. 

Hope that helps you. 

what happened to the X4? i can't find the extension for it. 

Share this comment

For whatever reason I didn't really notice a change in my power consumption. But noticed the water consumption hit hard.

Superb, must-have mod.

Share this comment

I restart a map because with cam and the game that never let industrials to stay (sims always WANT commercials buildings) It doesn't work with a 7 century big city and -20 000 industrial demand.. lol Too much for doubler. My plan is to have always 98 percent Ind. and 2 percent CO. Very difficult with a game already made for CO (financial purpose).

After 30mins of game with this mod, I say thank you alot !! My town is industrial and keep the industrial demand even if the game complain about the choice : IDcare!

Share this comment