5,789 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

27 minutes ago, RRetail said:

Reworking those restaurants....

Untitled.jpg

I like how the Wendy’s is more like a  location in a big Downtown area how it pretty much parking and no glass where the road can be. I’d like to see more of them! 

This is Industry Stadium. It is the  home of Port Isabelle FC, aka the Schooners and is one of 3 football teams based in Laurentia:

industrystadium.jpg

It lies east of the Industrial area, and is squeezed into the warehouse district with the seaports intermodal yard to its east. And, to get the parking lot under RHW-4, guard rails and all I created a prop out of the RHW-4 and manually plotted each square. It took over an hour to do that stretch, oy.

8 hours ago, tariely said:

They look even better -- (and I know how to light them to my heart's content, now *;))

That's the idea. I learned you can mirror textures and that has made all the difference!

@DavidDHetzel & @nycsc4 - I have been shocked by the number of parking lots in downtown Asheville. Also... I swear there is a church every two blocks. The block where I used to attend church has three. Aaaaand I just got the prop pox, so now I'm dealing with that. Sad panda.

@Haljackey This is BEAUTIFUL! I love all of your attention to detail.

@RRetail I don't remember where I read this, but I am pretty sure Goober said he based it off of the Cloverleaf Mall in RIchmond, VA.

But there is an issue, Cloverleaf got torn down in the late 00s.

b582dd04516519fcfc766a8f57d2028f.jpg

the Mall had an issue with Crime a lot so they eventually tore it down and built a Kroger shopping center in its place. (I also think the entrance is newer than what Goober based his off of)

Really all you'd have to do is remake the Anchor stores, here's a link to some shots.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/aynebalesphotography/sets/72157628969526729/with/6736926535/

7 hours ago, etgilbert said:

@DavidDHetzel & @nycsc4 - I have been shocked by the number of parking lots in downtown Asheville. Also... I swear there is a church every two blocks. The block where I used to attend church has three. Aaaaand I just got the prop pox, so now I'm dealing with that. Sad panda.

@Haljackey This is BEAUTIFUL! I love all of your attention to detail.

No Sad Panda!  Prop Pox has been fixed.  Download the latest SC4 Fix.  This is not an April Fools joke.  Prop Pox has been solved!

Also, I’m from St. Louis which has hundreds of surface lots and quite literally hundreds of churches...especially of the Catholic variety.  Google Rome of the West.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By dmscopio
      This is it. The Dmscopio Stadium AKA "The Glass Bagle". The lot size is 16x18 and it provides CS$$800 jobs. To install, simply extract to your Plugins folder.

Dmscopio Stadium
      Lot: 16x18
      Dependencies: NONE
      Jobs: CS$$ 800
    • By Bluewoods
      I recently demolished the cemetery and houses of worship in my city so I could build them elsewhere, but it's been years since then and those buildings are not available in my Rewards & Business deals menu nor have I been prompted to build them again. Is demolishing rewards in SimCity 4 just permanent or something? Is there was known way to re-trigger the prompt to build them?
    • By chfzdn
      Hello,
      I'm on Manjaro 17.1.10 Xfce with Wine 3.7. I have installed the driver for my HD Graphics 3000. The game runs sluggish, even after I put d3dim700.dll to my Wine system32. I suspected this related to CPU and RAM but after closing Firefox (yes, I run the game with Firefox open), the game again runs sluggish. After I replaced the ordinary Wine 3.7 to Wine 3.7 with Gallium Nine patch, the game runs smooth. Why this could happen? As I know, the ordinary Wine translates DX calls into OpenGL, while the patched one runs DirectX calls directly.
      Thanks.
      @rsc204, @Cyclone Boom, @Handyman
    • By SSDT
      Hello, 
      I am a newbie in SimCity 4. Having read through the manual, I decided to install NAM. Now as a basic city, I made an highway (the upper road) exit to a street. In addition there was an avenue which was connected to the highway. However, none of them work when the houses were assigned to tiles as you can see from the screen shot. Does anyone know how to connect regular roads to RHW in NAM? I can make exits with the ground and elevated highway that was in the default SimCity 4 but not with the NAM.

Thanks
    • By ana815
      Hello, how do i restore a previous saved city? I saved my game by mistake when i exited game and now i got my city ruined. Ive been building it for more than a year now because i don't play too often.
      Help please