5,963 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

27 minutes ago, RRetail said:

Reworking those restaurants....

Untitled.jpg

I like how the Wendy’s is more like a  location in a big Downtown area how it pretty much parking and no glass where the road can be. I’d like to see more of them! 

This is Industry Stadium. It is the  home of Port Isabelle FC, aka the Schooners and is one of 3 football teams based in Laurentia:

industrystadium.jpg

It lies east of the Industrial area, and is squeezed into the warehouse district with the seaports intermodal yard to its east. And, to get the parking lot under RHW-4, guard rails and all I created a prop out of the RHW-4 and manually plotted each square. It took over an hour to do that stretch, oy.

8 hours ago, tariely said:

They look even better -- (and I know how to light them to my heart's content, now *;))

That's the idea. I learned you can mirror textures and that has made all the difference!

@DavidDHetzel & @nycsc4 - I have been shocked by the number of parking lots in downtown Asheville. Also... I swear there is a church every two blocks. The block where I used to attend church has three. Aaaaand I just got the prop pox, so now I'm dealing with that. Sad panda.

@Haljackey This is BEAUTIFUL! I love all of your attention to detail.

@RRetail I don't remember where I read this, but I am pretty sure Goober said he based it off of the Cloverleaf Mall in RIchmond, VA.

But there is an issue, Cloverleaf got torn down in the late 00s.

b582dd04516519fcfc766a8f57d2028f.jpg

the Mall had an issue with Crime a lot so they eventually tore it down and built a Kroger shopping center in its place. (I also think the entrance is newer than what Goober based his off of)

Really all you'd have to do is remake the Anchor stores, here's a link to some shots.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/aynebalesphotography/sets/72157628969526729/with/6736926535/

7 hours ago, etgilbert said:

@DavidDHetzel & @nycsc4 - I have been shocked by the number of parking lots in downtown Asheville. Also... I swear there is a church every two blocks. The block where I used to attend church has three. Aaaaand I just got the prop pox, so now I'm dealing with that. Sad panda.

@Haljackey This is BEAUTIFUL! I love all of your attention to detail.

No Sad Panda!  Prop Pox has been fixed.  Download the latest SC4 Fix.  This is not an April Fools joke.  Prop Pox has been solved!

Also, I’m from St. Louis which has hundreds of surface lots and quite literally hundreds of churches...especially of the Catholic variety.  Google Rome of the West.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By chfzdn
      Hello,
      I want to start a gaming YouTube channel. However, there are many obstacles:
      I have just SimCity 4 and as you know, the game isn't a great game to start with. So, I need Cities: Skylines, which leads me to the next problem. My computer isn't powerful enough to play C:S because just I'm using HD Graphics 3000. 4 GB of RAM is fine. My internet speed both upload and download is really slow, 1 Mbps and sometimes error without reasons. I don't have camera for future facecam (not really a concern). I don't have empty external hard drive (1 TB is recommended) for the next thing I will discuss. Luckily, there is a Geforce iCafe-certified internet cafe near me (according to Nvidia, the participant cafes must have 9xx or 10xx GTX-series cards and 50 or more GTX 1060s or higher; enough for C:S). However, it still not fixing the problem #1: lack of C:S. I just have around $16, which isn't enough to buy even the vanilla. I will not talking about gray/black ways to getting it (because it against the site rules). Can you help me to getting started? Or, should I learn another skills instead, like 3D modelling or programming?
      Thanks.
    • By Violator31
      Looking at my profile I see it was four years ago when I first happened upon these forums.
      I really liked SimCity 4.  I bought the "SimCity Limited Edition"  and I wasn't happy with it at all. So I kind of fell away from the game. Recently I decided to get back into it.
      When my Mom died & I was moving into her house, I found the old "SimCity 4 Box" set during my packing. All of the fun I had playing the game was enhanced when I learned that I could create & use my own maps. I have always been into photography so I have Photoshop on my pc. I had so much fun making those maps, & tweaking them to work better.
      Many years ago I did buy the STEX Collection of discs, but I can't find them now. Being a pack rat helps & hinders all at the same time.... you know you have it somewhere, you just can't locate it within  everything else. So I will be purchasing everything again (I always seem to find the originals after I purchase the replacements). I'm asking for a little help, please...? I remember having a problem, years ago, when I had items stored in the wrong folder & it would create issues when trying to use stuff that was dependent on it. The help,.... would any of you experts be so kind as to direct me to creating the right folders for the right items in order to keep all of it working properly, please?
      I will be downloading the NAM as well, but I won't do so until I have the new discs so I can get it all stored properly. I was pretty disgusted before when I couldn't use certain items & I really want to avoid that this time. 
      Until I get the discs I will be dabbling in photoshop creating maps.
      Thank you in advance for ANY help you may provide. 
    • By robdragon
      SimCity 4 on Steam for $4.99 USD till July 5th 10am (Pacific time)!
      https://store.steampowered.com/app/24780/
    • By core8al8x
      This map is meant to represent the typical terrain of the russian far east.
      The map includes the stretch of Amur river that i used as a base, hilly terrain with a few small mountains and rivers,most of the map is completely fictional except for the river and surrounding hills.

• By chfzdn
      Hello,
      For those who want buy SC4 dirt cheap, fortunately there's a 75% discount for the game on GoG. The promo ends on June 19, 2018 12:59 AM GMT+3.
      Get the game for $5 at the page on GoG.
      By clicking the link, we will get some commissions from purchases. This is keeping the community alive. If you've some money left, please donate it to the community.
      Sorry, the promo is end. Due to some reasons, I can't active on Simtropolis since last week until now.
      Thanks.