TL-Pooty Santa Monica Promenade & CS $$ PLOP 1.0.0

(1 Review)

3 Screenshots

About This File

TL-Pooty Santa Monica Promenade & CS $$ PLOP

I’ve always found that promenade really nifty but I felt it would be even better with more flexibility – and lighting, of course ! So I added lights, and some more promenade stuff, and pedmall pieces to link the buildings and existing pedmalls  in more various ways.

The original Pooty Santa Monica Promenade :
https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/3398-santa-monica-promenade/

Pooty’s content on the STEX : https://community.simtropolis.com/profile/920-pooty/content/?type=downloads_file

-------------------------

Dependencies

BSC_MegaProps_Kevdan25_Vol01.dat
BSC Textures vol.01 
MAS71 Props Vol.01.dat
Murimk Props vol02 (Murimk_Park_props_1_small.dat)
Network Addon Mod 36 (NAM_props.dat)

Paeng_resource_Parks205.dat
PorkieProps-Vol1.dat

RVT zNightLighting  (zLightCones_RVTNite.dat & RVT_ParkLights2.dat )
SPOT_C-rc100.dat (direction arrows)

Tamorr_Family_Prop_V1.dat, in Tamorr’s Resource 2.05

wmp_power_props01.dat,in WMP Power Lots

Many thanks to my technical gurus, Rsc204, Kosc and Dreadnought. And especially Rivit, who lighted my SC4world and is always generously ready to help. And the guys and gals on the forums (Twalsh, Matias93, Fantozzi, Catty-cb, Corinamarie…). We need help when we begin peeking under the hood of SC4. That the community is always there for us noobies is a constant and pleasant reassurance.

General warnings :
(1) This is for SC4 Rush Hour.
(2) I play with NAM36, RRW-EU selection (it shouldn’t interfere, in general, but you never know !)
(3) I also play with Twrecks Maxis HD Tree Replacement (if you don’t use it, your trees might look a bit different ; perhaps you should use it…)
 (4) I play Nights. Hence the RVT zNightLighting dependency. Depending on your using or not a Light Replacement Mod, the lighting will be slightly different, but There Will Be Light. If you dont want it, you can either tweak my lights in the Lot Editor or get rid of them entirely.
(5) I like trees. I make intensive use of trees. Especially Girafe tree collection on the LEX ; so here’s the link once for all ; just follow it into the woods.

***Tariel's Content here 

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

I very much like the pedestrian friendly environment of "The Promenade".  The boardwalk effect and the landscaping with trees, bushes, and flowers gives it a "warm & cozy" feel.

This would be ideal for a small town or an outlaying suburb !!

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By Eusebio Ptolomeu
      So, I've downloaded NAM and installed it successfully in my computer, however I would like to know what the "Network Addon Mod Controller", the last item in the Build Highways and Ramps section. It looks like some kind of plopabel object, but I can't place it, wherever I try. Is it just to show the current version of my NAM?
    • By Eusebio Ptolomeu
      I admit I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but this is more of a tip I have for anyone who is facing problems with neighborhood deals involving trash. I've seen lots of people complainining that they can't export garbage from city A to city B, even if city A has a garbage problem and city B has a lot of capacity to deal (or at least it looks like it does). Now, as I said, it might look like everything is okay with city B when it comes to garbage, but there is a chance (at least this was always the case for me) that you're not looking as deep at this city as the simulation. Let me explain:
       There are 2 ways people always use to check garbage in a city, ex. city B. First, is there piles of trash on the roads and streets? If you click the garbage data map, do you see lots of yellow-orange-red squares scattered around? When you check the graph, is the green line (amount of trash) above the blue (capacity)? If that's the case, then this city has a garbage problem, and you should tackle this before importing trash from the other cities. Now, I'm sure you already knew that. Your problem is that you neither see piles of trash in the streets, nor any indication of trash in the data map. Even in the graph, you should have your trash line below your capacity one. And, despite all of this, you still can't import more garbage. I had this issue from years until I figured something that, so far, has worked for me and perharps it might work for you too: it looks like, when considering if the city could import garbage or not, the simulation takes into account the current TREND in the garbage department of your city, not your current situation.
      What this means: going back to the example of the otherwise perfectly fine city above, it's true that, for now, this city doesn't have a garbage problem. But let the simulation run for some months and look at the behaviour of the (and only the) green, ammount of trash, line. Forget about the blue, capacity, line entirely. Is this green line growing? Is the ammount of trash increasing in your city? Then, even though you might not have a garbage problem now, you're bound to have on in the future, and the simulation seems to take that into account. So what to do? Well, I've solved all of this problems by simpling building more Waste-to-Energy plants to burn the trash, until I start to have a descending green line. When this happens, you'll probably be able to import more trash to this city.

So this is a tip which has worked for me so far, and might help some of you out there too. Whenever you see that you can't import garbage in a city even though this city looks fine, check the garbage history graph, and see if the green line is growing: if so, build more waste-to-energy plants until you have a descending green line, and you should be able to import trash for this city once again.
    • By funforfree99
      The most up to date version of ilive reader is necesary, check the mods page of http://simtropolis.com for this program.

How to back up simcity_1.dat

1. Find it in your program files and then maxis then simcity 4.
      2. copy the file to your desktop and leave it there.
      3. If anything goes wrong simply replace this file.

Lesson 1. Creating ordinances that bring in 5000 per resident.

1. Open your ilive reader and load simcity_1.dat
      2. Open the analyser click tree then search
      3. Find the plus sign beside ordinances and open it
      4. search for the ordinance named smoke detectors
      5. click it and in the data that appears on the left choose cost per resident double click this info line and edit the value that can be edited. ( a negative number means you are losing money for purpose of this lesson change it to 50000)
      6. While we are here lets also change the flamability rating. Find the line named % effect on flamabillity and change it. (1 = normal flamability 0= no flamability 100000=super flamability)
      7. close analyser and save
      8. Test out the patch

Coming soon how to increase fire radius.
    • By WolfZe
      Show us the place where you live.
      If the topic already exists, I apologize. Then just move please.

This is the place where I live.
      Hamburg-Langenhorn / Germany. It is not the whole place, of course, but only the small part where I live.
      The whole thing was created after a satelite picture.
      In a few places I cheated because the game just did not want to join...... ;-)
      I had to build some buildings myself.
      Everyone who lives here has recognized it. So it can not be soooo bad..... :-)
    • By tariely
      Tariel-Rivit Essentials

These are very modest Essentials, but useful nevertheless.
       (1) I play with a night mode. And to light my lots and relots, I always use the special little files Rivit made for me. I have been advised to upload them once and for all so that those who eventually use my lots are not at risk of the Dreaded Doublons (tri- or quadriblons and more, as I put those as a dependency in all my lots and relots.)
       (2) I also make a lot of parks, and for some, Rivit crafted two special paths for me that were not included in BSC Textures Cycledogg Vol.1.( I haven't uploaded those parks yet, but I will.)
       So here they are, four of them little files, with my everlasting gratitude to Rivit, who gave me permission to upload them all.

NB : Two other dependencies that I used to include in my upload folders are now more easily  available, one on the STEX, NOB Ftexture.dat , in NOB GLR Assortment for NAM and the other, ML Texture.dat. on the net (ML'S One Drive)

***Tariel's Content here 

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections