5 Screenshots

About This File

Karlsruhe Courthouse, by Mattb325.
---------------------------------------

The district attorney's office in Karlsruhe is presented in SC4 as a functional courthouse.

It is a reasonably accurate representation although I have omitted the high perimeter walls which are just a little too imposing for my taste. 

In addition to providing your sims with 128 highly desirable civic jobs, it will help alleviate the commercial and residential demand caps that can hinder city development by providing additional regional demand of over 80,000 CO§§ spaces and 10,000 Residential spaces. Given the way that the game is designed, in addition to providing health, education, safety, etc, using rewards is an absolutely necessary part of being able to develop large cities and regions.

It sits on a 5x4 lot.

* It is offered as a reward without needing to meet pre-existing conditions.
* It is located in the REWARD Menu 
* It can be placed more than once in a city. 
* It DOES NOT over-write the ingame courthouse (or any re-lotted versions there-of), so can be used in conjunction with the standard Maxis courthouse reward.
* It DOES NOT over-write any of my other courthouse lots (so can be used in conjunction with these as well).

STATS:

Lot size :                5 x 4
Plop Cost:              §41,000
Monthly Cost:        §910
Budget Item:          Government Buildings
Occupant Groups: Reward, Courthouse
Demand Created:  Jobs§: 16, Jobs§§: 104, Jobs§§§: 8.
Demand Satisfied: R§: 5,000, R§§: 5,000, CO§§: 80,000
Landmark Effect:   +120 over 36 tiles
Pollution:                 Air 6 over 2 tiles, Water 1 over 3 tiles, Garbage 29 over 0 tiles
Power consumed:  92 MwH
Water consumed:  184 Gallons/Month
Bulldoze Cost:        §9,140

NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

This download contains TWO file types in two separate folders; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos or Mashty's night-mods) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
You must choose only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. 

If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 

DEPENDENCIES:

To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:

*BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180)
*BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790)
*BSC Texture Pack - Cycledogg V01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=101)
*BSC Texture Pack - BSC Textures Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=90)

NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:

Sadly, ongoing negative comments from a few members of the community continue to force me to add this ridiculous disclaimer. This building has internal underground parking, and I have not used parking textures. If you wish to add parking textures, please do so using the lot editor.

To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.

Thanks.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

My doctor said at my age I should regulary check my blood pressure. So I got used to check it evey morning. This morning I had to skip. Because I checked Simtropolis first ... and suddenly I was heavy breathing and was wired up like when I was a child at christmas day. 

You did a marvel, mattb325! Speechless. I write a serious review when I found words again.

Just allow me to add some information.

The original building was completed in 1998 and is the new office of the federal prosecutor of germany. Before - the office made part of a complex of modern and neo-classical buildings forming the juridical heart of germany - housing the federal constitutional court and the federal high court of justice (highest court of germany). So formerly his office was at the federal high court of justice.

All those court buildings were rised in a semicircle around the castle of Karlsruhe which makes up a spectacular areal view:

large_id_31575_schloc39f-innenstadt-img_

(But the new office is located outside of this fan, don't search it on the picture).

It's a high security building - to my knowledge featuring also a few cells for public enemies (terrorists, spies) but the architects  (Oswald Mathias Ungers) did an interesting job hiding all the security features behind some greens - f.e. there's a big, fat wall around the building with a hedge on top covering the barbed(?) wire. So the building looks more peacefull and friendly than it is.

640px-Generalbundesanwaltschaft2_cropped

In RL this building - even adjacted to the federal court, doesn't serve as a court building but is more some kind of office of federal defense/states police.  Maybe to compare with homeland security in US. It's the highest law enforcement agency of germany. The officers are obliged to the federal law but act indipendent from the interior ministry. One has to regard the federal prosecutor as one of the mightiest people in germany. He (alone, no committee of judges!) decides if a federal issue is brought into action and can have big influence on Germanies relations with other states. F.e. the federal prosecutor on august 23., 2017 arrested a vietnamese man, accused of working for the vietnamese intelligence service. 

[EDIT]

And a note about parking - there's absolutely no parking allowed close to these buildings. There are policemen with machine guns walking around and every car that stops is immediatly checked and forced to hit the road. I know, I've been there.

Share this comment