Offline-Only Mod: “Pedestrian Paths” 2.0b

(89 Reviews)

11 Screenshots

About This File

This mod adds a new set of Pedestrian Paths to the parks palettes.  This paths carry pedestrians, power, water and sewage.  As a result, the lamp  posts on the park light up at night.

You can plop all the parks that don't have parking lots along these paths, along with trees and university modules

you may also build bridges and Tunnels with this path.  The paths do futurize as well when CoT park is placed along or near them.

To install this mod, just extract the rar file into your SimCityData  Folder.

THIS IS AN OFFLINE ONLY MOD and will cause rollbacks if played online.  Make sure you remove your package before playing in multiplayer games.

New version allows for Double Wide Service Road with ability to protect Sims walking and give a clean MALL look

1.thumb.png.8bee2d5681bfa29bd0d8c2fc1e3e85e2.png

2.thumb.png.e02e6182de6cd6aef1f42e0f4a48d646.png

What's New in Version 2.0b

Released

• 1.0 - Original Posting
  • 1.1 - Minor Changes
  • 2.0 - (a Removed) is temp while we debug and add new icons Current with new Service Paths PRE icon improvements from SUGC Team
  • 2.0 - (b added) Implementation of icons before final and name change as well as load order up date to handle correctly for akar.
  • New Service Path allows for placement of buildings that require SERVICES and Some types of pickups / vehicles to reach them without impacting pedestrians.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Wow, very nice. I always thought why there is not decent pedestrian pathways in SimCity. Can it be used with the university?

Share this comment

we have had a few versions of ped paths over the last year.  This is the first to add new detail which as a result of additional scripting only works offline.

I wish more fundamental and detail like this and other mods were baseline but we will only get what we have most likely.

Share this comment

I love this idea!  It looks beautiful!  Has anyone encountered any compatibility issues with other Mods?  When I add it to the SimCityData folder, Simcity won't start.  (I deleted the Mod, and it starts right up.)  I'm --guessing-- other Mods may be interfering with this Mod?  

Edit:  I uninstalled most of my mods, installed this Mod, and Simcity started fine.  This is an awesome mod!!!  You rock xoxide!!!

Share this comment

Wow Just instaled this looks incredible matches parker & tobse's new roads sidewalks.love that... And now I can creat large concrete walls without having to use roads! You just made my day THANKS!

Share this comment

I fell in love with your simple park bench and wondered, "Where the heck did he get those wonderful paths?" and of course I find out you made them too! 

Thanks!

Share this comment

Wait, is this a free DLC? 

I'm kidding. Thanx xoxide this will make for an interesting traffic alternative and city beautification.

Share this comment

This mod looks epic! I'm just thinking of making a giant park with the paths and parks! Just some questions...

Do the parks still raise land value when you put them on the path?

Do people actually go in the parks and get happy if the parks are on the path?

Share this comment

@charlesnew the paths themselves are just roads used for walking and pedestrians.. so they are like streets .. answer is no.

the creation of a park or just paths would not increase value.  However anything you place along the path would increase the value of the park and land it sits on so you could create a grand central park type setting with value of items on it to increase land value.

The other question asked was about park benches and values.. values of benches and size of benches are so small that it would be a huge amount of work for a tiny imprint or radius of value so it would not be worth it for the benches from low wealth to higher wealth variations.

Could it be done yes.. is it worth doing for a bench.. no

Other question

Textures.. It could be modified by setting a new texture to the university path.. which would then impact the path used down stream as a result

so you can take that approach.. I will look into adding more variants in general but its not on my list of todo's

I'm looking at new foundation or more modern stilts for all bridges to be more of a round shape vs the 2 leg stilts ..

Share this comment