2 Screenshots

About This File

The CDK3-SP Container Seaport is a functional seaport that directly replaces the game's default seaport. This is the first and core piece of a series of CDK3 Seaport (CDK3-SP) modular lots that will allow you to build & expand your seaport area, both functionally & visually, to almost any size and the way you want it to be. An associated, functional Container Freight Rail Yard is also under development.

This Seaport lot has all the same properties, capacities and costs of the game-default seaport.  The lot is a different size (10x5)  so any instances of the game default seaport in your cities will have to be replaced. However, the good news on that is that the old seaports will remain functional until you get around to replacing them. You do not have to bulldoze them all before installing the new Seaport.

IMPORTANT
Due to the limiting nature of the common seaport controller file used by all functional seaport lots, no other custom seaport lots, seaport mods or seaport controller files can be used with this seaport. The only exceptions are the PEG CSK2 Small Port... and an additional CDK3-SP "Break-Bulk" Freight Seaport that is under development.  Please read the included readme file for full details.

The new Seaport lot uses a gazillion new custom props and most of them are timed to change and/or move throughout the day. Ships arrive and depart twice a day. The booms of the large Post-Panamax cranes raise to allow easy clearance for the ships when arriving/departing... then lower to load & unload containers throughout the day. The yard crane switches from one staging area to another, the stacks of containers grow larger & smaller... and the rail and truck traffic change & move around.

RAIL CAPACITY
Unlike the game default seaport, this new version allows a direct rail connection and can also receive freight by rail directly from Freight Stations or industry located adjacent to rail. This is accomplished by forcing the Seaport to also act as a Freight Station, converting rail freight to truck freight when it arrives.  Whereas the previous CDK Seaport version required that the lot be coded as a freight station, this new version does not. All the "mojo" is now handled in the transit enabling properties... which have also been streamlined to minimize associated traffic congestion.

** The lot is transit enabled for road connections to the driveways and a rail connection .  The lot must have road access in order to function properly but the driveways do not actually have to be connected. However, the rail must be connected to the lot for the rail connectivity to function.  Rail connectivity is optional. The Seaport will still function properly for truck traffic if you choose not to connect the rail.

*** The lot is located in the Water Transportation menu in place of the game-default Seaport icon.

** REQUIRED DEPENDENCY FILES **

PEG-CDK3 SUPER PAK
PEG-CDK3-SP Container Ship Fleet Pack
PEG Security Fencing Kit

All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm getting the "rendering holes" too... it seems the dependency link to the Super Pack thingy is all wrong -- it actually links to the container ship fleet pack! I think I found the actual Super Pack here http://simpeg.com/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item891 it even says "a compilation of the primary CDK3-SP Seaport dependency files". I'll download this "new Super Pack" and see if it's the missing dependency needed for all these rendering holes...

Share this comment

here's the support thread http://simpeg.com/forum/index.php?topic=5914.150#bot -------- AND for some reason the bottom half of the page refuses to load for me... AND the "new Super Pack" I linked to refuses to finish downloading -- keeps getting stuck about halfway thru -- Can't they just put all dependencies in ONE download? Or at least double check that they linked to the right file? GOSH

Share this comment

Okay, here's the same file (that super pack/compilation of dependencies) from my first post. And it's here on simtropolis --- http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=19881 --- I've been trying to get this seaport to render properly for like 2 hours... IT BEST WORK THIS TIME.

Share this comment

Great work by PEG CDK yet AGAIN! however. The 2 first dependencies. The super pak, and fleet. I need to join Simpeg right. Well, I already recieved the confirmation e-mail, but it's been a while and still haven't been confirmed. I really want this :D it will go great with my New Jersey (and all it has to offer) type cities. The fence I already downloaded a WHILE ago.

Share this comment

I love these seaports! It really helps the realism to be able to actually connect rail lines and roads to the seaport. Having a separate freight yard for rail freight seemed really stupid, and this mod fixes that. It also looks much cooler than the standard seaport.

Share this comment

i am unable to see those giant cranes in my game... can anyone help me find out the problem?? i hav downloaded and installed all the files a few times but still cant seemed to solve ....

Share this comment

So Ive downloaded all dependents and have them installed correctly into my plugins folder, but the cranes don't show up and where the rail tracks are suppose to be all Im getting are little black squares. Is there like a texture pack or something that Im missing out on..? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Share this comment

I'm having problems with the rail connectivity. It works like a dream for freight trucks, but the rail connectivity isn't working as advertised. Anybody have a solution? I have all the dependencies and I'm using NAM

Share this comment

I'm having a problem with the the port, the part where the rail should be is colored black. Can anybody help me, what am I missing?

Share this comment