True Earth

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Lake Bogoria, Kenya

korver

YdXfRZQ.jpg

Located in the middle of the Great Rift Valley, Lake Bogoria is home to one of the world's largest populations of lesser flamingos - every year millions of them migrate to it's algae infested waters. The lake boasts some of the most impressive wildlife in all of Africa - hundreds of species of birds call the lake home, and you might even see a couple zebras if you look hard enough. Geysers and hot springs dot the shoreline, creating a truly unforgettable landscape.

VfEtCh5.jpg

Don't forget to comment, like, and follow True Earth if you haven't already! *:)

-korver

17 Comments

Recommended Comments

My God! That's just stunning! :ohyes: Absolutely breathtaking mmp scenery! I really can't think of anything to crticise... I just want to travel to Africa right now :]

Thanks for the comment and the follow. You won't want to miss what I got coming up for my next update :)

-korver

Share this comment

What the actual freak! It's really hard to 'comment' on anything when your mouth is hanging open and you need to move it up and down in order to comment

Haha, thanks for the kind words :D

-korver

Share this comment

Out of africa !  So much detail; a painting in it´s own. HBS Tropical flora tree I may recognize, where those flamingo´s ploped or some overlay; nice farming village set, would love some more detailed shots, well done !

Thanks :) I actually used a little bit of Girafe, SimFox, and CPVol02 trees in addition to some HBS to give it that African feel. Glad you liked my little village - with hardly any African BATs on the STEX you have to get creative, but I was able to find a couple nice rural sets with an African look to them that mixed together quite nicely. The flamingos were actually a generator from Xannepan over on SC4D, so no photoshop required. My next couple updates will include plenty of detailed shots and at closer zooms so don't worry.

-korver

Share this comment

o_O

At one point I was convinced that I would be scrolling for 10 minutes before the mosaic was over. Not that I minded though; that is some breathtaking scenery as my jaw is on the floor right now. Must have taken a monumental amount of time to detail and create! Splendid work! :thumb:

Yeah, I wanted to really go big for this first update. Estimated time in total was probably 30 hours or so when you factor in searching for custom content, researching the region, modding things etc. Thanks for the comment :)

-korver

Share this comment

ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTELY -- !!

AWE INSPIRING !!!!

Never -- EVER -- thought I would see something THIS GOOD!

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:  (five thumb-up!!)

Thanks :thumb: You know when you get five thumbs up, your doing something right.

-korver

Share this comment

You owe me a new mouse scroll wheel. Luckily for you though, by the time I've finished admiring this mosaic and found my jaw, mouses will be redundant.

Cheers

James

Thank you. Speaking of mouse wheels - no joke - I actually had to go out and get a new mouse at the tail end of making this regionbecause my wheel broke after accidently scrolling too hard through my massive MMP list :P

-korver

Share this comment

Fantastic work, the textures are so rich and the level of detail is incredible. I've got a couple of questions for ya; The flamingos, is there a mod for them or did you actually photoshop all of them in!? The wooden power poles; I take it that's an custom made overhang prop and you filled in the dirt paths and everything else in afterwards. That's a very smart way of going about creating something 'organic' and natural looking.

The flamingos are actually Xannepan's flamingo generator from SC4D and the power poles were made using the Three Rivers Region MMP. Appreciate your comment :)

-korver

Share this comment

Holy elephant this is amazing! Great balance between the trees and the grass, the flamingos over the lake give life to the picture and you even added the geysers like the real lake, excellent work! Always wanted to work on an African CJ, couldn't do it, too few people tried it and I can't wait to see more!

One of the reasons why I opted for an African recreation wasn't just my passion and interest in Africa, but also the fact that it hadn't really been done before like you mentioned. It's definitely going to be challenging, but, it's a fun challenge. Thanks for the comment.

-korver

Share this comment

this was the best pic ive seen here in a long time. Inspiring! btw Hitchcock called and wants his birds back.

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. I think he might have a tough time getting all those birds back considering there's nearly a million of them in the lake alone :D

-korver

Share this comment

:thumb::thumb: Amazing work mate, truly breathtaking. I would love to see progress shots to see how you did this.

Thanks :thumb: Unfortunately, there aren't any progress shots left over, but I might consider making an MMP guide sometime in the future showing off some of my various tricks and tips if enough people want it.

-korver

Share this comment

Absolutely stunning... I've never seen anyone else come up with such a work of art.

Thanks, glad you liked it :)

-korver

Share this comment

Great work really! looking forward for the next update.

This makes me think of a real work of art!

Share this comment