5,957 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

On 23/5/2018 at 10:12 AM, twalsh102 said:

@tariely

While there are no static props, there are two timed prop series, one blue, one green, both with the recycling logo.  They are in the "PEG-GarbageTruck_PROP_206.dat" file.  If you want fixed props, I'm pretty sure there is a fairly easy way to convert a prop from RKT4 to RKT1 (I've never done it, so I'm guessing you could replace the RKT4 property with an appropriate RKT1 property).

(Back from a trip abroad with wonky internet... yes, it does exist). I was indeed thinking of Peg's Kit, but it's the truck's transformation into a fixed prop that leaves me scratching my head. Will look into it, though, thanks !

@tariely

I think the conversion/creation will be fairly simple.  You can use the Prop exemplar for any existing vehicle fixed prop as a template if you need to.

There are two ways to do this:  one super simple way (if you are familiar with Pim-X), and another slightly longer (but not necessarily harder) way using Reader.

Using PIM-X:

1.  After opening PIM-X, find the model you want to use.  There are only two models in the PEG-GarbageTruck_PROP_206.dat file:  one for the blue, and one for the green truck.
2.  Go down to the Prop category, and make sure Ordinary Prop is expanded.
3,  Drag the model file name down and drop it on Ordinary Prop > No Wealth.  You will be asked for an Exemplar name.  After typing one in and clicking OK, you will see your new prop exemplar for a fixed prop with all the correct settings.
4.  Click Close at the bottom, and exit PIM-X.  Your new prop exemplar (.SC4Desc file) will be found at the root of your Plugins folder.

You can't get much easier than that.

This can be done with Reader, but it involves deleting some properties, and adding a property or two as well as providing the correct values for those properties.  I won't post the necessary steps for this route, unless you decide you want to use Reader, rather than PIM-X.

4 minutes ago, tariely said:

change both Timed Prop values to 0 I did ; not sure  it worked...)

you need to create another TGI for the new prop, or the pox will come (now curable and all, but still a nuisance)

3 hours ago, matias93 said:

you need to create another TGI for the new prop, or the pox will come (now curable and all, but still a nuisance)

OOPS. Gonna destroy the exemplar I tinkered with... and which turned out not to be necessary. And thanks for the tip !

On 29/5/2018 at 11:56 PM, nycsc4 said:

Vancouver got a Bean!

Located at the newly reconfigured entrance to Waterfront Station.

Thanks!

BTW what is that gorgeous railway station ?

Looking for willing victims to test a lot of lots (mostly parks, railway stations, but also various whatevers). Please PM me ? Thanks ! *:party:

On 2018/5/31 at 3:35 PM, EvansRE4 said:

...A Work In Progress...

Began work on Liberty City....hoping to make a faithful recreation

Liberty City-Oct. 20, 011527751262.png

It is amazing to see a mountain of skyscrapers concentrated at the tiny tip of the island.

Roghue Island RHW !

On these picture you see the highway 7 at the left and highway 5 on ther right joining again on the way to Monreal and Emerald Ville !

YxfwhUF.jpg

Rail bridge and RHW 4 tunnel combi, interchange only two direction, regional traffic will have some ramps !

NtV8iZE.jpg

flHFIP0.jpg

Enjoy !

Carquest is mostly done. Need to work on the interior a bit and it will be good to go for next week. I am also making progress on a retextured version that is a Big 5 Sporting Goods store. These warehouse-style retail buildings are ubiquitous across the country and the Big 5 is based on one in Richfield, UT (but won't be completely similar). A small town/rural sporting goods store doesn't exist on Simtropolis really so this actually fills a need. The texturing obviously is unfinished but I have the general model down. The Carquest, respectively, is based off of one in Lake City, FL, but with some differences in texturing (the red-blue motif that is used in some of their other stores for example). I'm also releasing a Snap-On Tools van with the Carquest. Those who work on their cars by themselves need tools to install the auto parts, somehow.
5b115862e06fd_big5.png.a61487055c7abb66e0c874928f196578.png.58a4b77dce77f3b434dad2f32f740b88.png

big 5.png

carquest 4.png

snapon.png.37be431b2572ea850c83481c5059e825.png

I need this. We had this sort of idea in past, but for me it's kinda of a pity that these stations have problems with their names (You can't rename it without changing everything and the changes only last for one game session). It will be pretty awesome if you take this into consideration.

On 04/06/2018 at 3:01 AM, Simmer2 said:

This is a Bus and Subway Hub and it fits nicely in a roundabout!

Such thing useful?