IRM I-HT Modern Warehouses by SimGoober 1.0.0

(3 Reviews)

4 Screenshots

About This File

INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION MOD

Modern Warehouses by SimGoober

1 - INTRODUCTION/OVERVIEW

This is going to be the last SimGoober relot for a while, but I hope you'll bear with me one more time before we move on to other authors.

The 13th upload in this series, Modern Warehouses by SimGoober, is a four-in-one download: SimGoober made four variants of this building that differ slightly in appearance, but share the same footprint, function, and stats. The lots are rather simplistic, the only exception being the slightly curved driveways on the bigger version. The compact version will require some filler lots - or a road/street access - in the back to give the trucks enough room to manoeuvre if you are obsessed enough with realism. While the bigger lot is more enclosed and looks pretty much like a standalone facility, the smaller one will tie into any surrounding high-tech industry and is easy to complement with fillers.

Since all Maxis lots contained in the IRM Base Pack could optionally be used with toroca's Industrial Jobs Quadrupler, this download is offered in two versions: a regular one for those who prefer the default job numbers, and a quadrupler-compatible version for those who prefer using the modified stats.
The .sc4desc files for the regular version will look like this: IRM_[Filename].sc4desc
The .sc4desc files for the quadrupler version will look like this: IRM_[Filename]_x4.sc4desc
After downloading, simply delete the file of the version you don't want to use. If you leave both in your plugins, the quadrupler version will most probably override the default version.

The default version of the building will provide 55 I-HT jobs, the quadrupler version 220 I-HT jobs.

The following lots are included in this download:
  • 5x4, Stage 3
  • 5x5, Stage 2

For those of you who like to play with day and night view, the building used on this lot is compatible with the following night light mode(s):

• Maxis Night with gradual day/night cycle: YES
  • Maxis Night with static day or night: YES
  • DarkNite* with static day or night: YES

*DarkNite requires SimFox' Day and Nite Modd (or a similar darkening mod) to be installed in your plugins. 

2 - USE

If you extract this archive to your root plugins folder, it should create a folder IRM\IRM Expansion\[NAME OF BAT], where [NAME OF BAT] represents the name of this download item. Within that folder, you will find all the game-relevant files and a sub-folder containing the HTML readme and some screenshot(s).

If you no longer wish to use this download, proceed as follows:

• Bulldoze all lots pertaining to this download
  • Save all the cities and exit the game when you're done bulldozing
  • Remove the associated files from your plugins folder

Hint: Just to be sure, I recommend moving the undesired files somewhere else and doing some checks before you delete them permanently. This way, if it turns out you forgot to bulldoze something, you can add it back in temporarily until you're done.

3 - DEPENDENCIES

1. IRM Base Pack with all its dependencies - while these lots will technically work, they are meant to tie into the IRM. They may look out of place and show unexpected behaviour if used independently. Since this is an extension to the IRM, all the dependencies of the original pack still apply. If you have them in place, you can download every single growable IRM and IRM W2W lot I have ever made and will never have to download any additional packs for props and textures used on the lot.
  2. Modern Warehouses - you'll also need the original upload of the BAT to see the building(s). Only the file "SG_WarehousesModern.dat" is required.

NOTE: For any dependency hosted at SC4Devotion (SC4D in short), you must be registered on that site and logged into the site's download area, the BSC File Exchange, in order to see the download button. Please bear in mind that there are separate logins for the forums and for the file exchange. For those of you who may still be unfamiliar with the site: SC4D is another major SimCity community with lots of unique content, so you will not regret making an account there.

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS

4 - FINAL WORDS

Credits for the BAT go to SimGoober once again.

T Wrecks, November 28, 2017

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

tariely

Chiming on : glad to see another SG lots coming back to a new life !

Share this review

Link to review
Edvarz

Really useful buildings, glad they got into the IRM. :yes:

One small detail: The screenshots show a 4x5 lot instead of a 4x6 as stated in the description. EDIT: No longer an issue.

Share this review

Link to review
DavidDHetzel

Some of my favorite Industrial lots from SG Glad to see these remade. :)

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By Simmer2
      SM2 Royal Flush Plumbing Supplies.
      Is a I-M 8X10 Industrial lot for all your plumbing needs!.
      It provides 462 $$jobs
      Requires water and power.
      You will find it in your Landmark menu.
      Happy flushing!
      Simmer2
      SM2 Prop Pack Vol2 - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3434
      SM2 Prop Pack Vol3 - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3499
      SM2 Prop Pack Vol4 - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3548
      SM2 Prop Pack Vol5 - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3555
      SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures - https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31006-supershk-mega-parking-textures/

Have fun.
      Simmer2

• By Bones1
      This mod doubles the number of jobs provided by the in-game industry buildings. There are 4 files you can optionally install; they double the jobs for each industry category (farming, dirty, manufacturing, and high-tech). So, you don't have to double all the industry categories if you don't wish to do so; you can pick & choose.
      I made this mod after trying out the industry-quadrupler mod on this site. I found that mod to be unbalanced, and in the "cheat" category, so I made an alternative mod to be more balanced with the rest of the game.
      1. I only doubled the number of jobs, rather than quadrupled them. I found 4x was just too much.
      2. I doubled the building tax values. This makes the income from industry to be the same as the default for the same number of jobs. This allows a "industry city" to be economically feasible, just as with the default game values.
      3. I doubled the power and water requirements for the buildings. This means you have to spend the same amount of money to support a similar number of jobs as you would with the game default. (I found this balance to be lacking in the industry quadrupler.)
      4. I doubled the pollution from each building. Again, this means that the same amount of jobs will produce the same amount of pollution as with the game's default. (Again, missing in the 4x mod.)

See the readme for installation details.
    • By toroca
      This mod was created to make the industrial buildings more realistic in the game. As everyone knows, factories in fact employ hundreds or thousands of people, but in SimCity 4 there is hardly a single operation that offers more than 100 jobs. The number of jobs is quadrupled with the installation of this mod.
      All heavy, manufacturing and high-tech industries now offer four times the number of jobs. This means that the largest industrial building in the game now provides over 600 instead of just over 150 jobs. Filler buildings (burners, small warehouses, etc.) still have the old values, and I have only modified the larger industrial (anchor) buildings. In addition, I have doubled the amount of revenue of the modified buildings. Otherwise, with the increased number of jobs, industrial demand can be met more quickly, making it difficult to keep industrial cities afloat.
      In order to make this mod effective, you have to load all the cities of your region(s) after the installation and save them once, otherwise the changes in the job number will not take effect. After opening a city, the demand for industry will most likely fall sharply and many industrial buildings will be abandoned. On the other hand, the demand for residential areas will sooner or later increase sharply due to the increased number of jobs. It is therefore advisable to remove a large part of the industrial zones after loading the cities, so as not to overbalance the game.
      This download is compatible with all versions of SimCity 4.

Staff Note: For technical reasons beyond the author's control, the original file entry was no longer available hosted on the STEX. This re-upload restores it on the grounds of good faith for the benefit of the community.
    • By rsc204
      This package contains a ReLot for the 6x6 version of Mattb325's reimagined Max's Microchips building.
      When Matt released some new I-HT buildings earlier this year, this one in particular stood out for me as one great looking model. As such I couldn't help but go full on with re-designing the lot. Of course, when you do such things, you tend to use a lot of dependencies. So one lot it may be (download), but prepare for the full list of dependencies, it's not for everyone. Frankly if you don't have all Girafe's flora, you're missing out anyhow. Aside from that it's really just 2 dependencies if you think about it .
      The lot in the download is a direct replacement for the 6x6 version from Mattb325's package. Otherwise you need to keep the other files from the original download installed.
      Dependencies
      Building Model
      Flora/Props
      BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02 Girafe Norway Maples Girafe Lupins Girafe Maples Girafe Elms Girafe Daisy Girafe Cypresses Girafe Rowan Trees Girafe Feather Grass Grfe_hedge_3m half size.dat (Included)
      Note this also requires the original hedge props from this download:
                VIP vnaoned Post office building
      Only the file Grfe_hedge_3m.dat from this package is required however. Textures
      MGB IndustrieSAM / SAM11 (NAM Component)
      You must have the SAM11 from NAM36 installed, as this lot uses textures contained in the NAM files. MGB Industrial Textures.dat (Included)
      Note: Options for EU/US, LHD/RHD and custom sidewalks are all included. Please read the Readme file for full details. Installing the complete package will lead to problems, you have been warned. Usage
      This 6x6 lot is best placed on a corner as seen in the screenshot. You can use the BuildingPlop cheat to place it where ever you like, or just allow it to grow normally. If plopping the lot, note it will not generate freight and you should have suitable I-HT demand to accommodate the lot.
      The street connection is not TE (Transit Enabled), instead you must make a fake TE connection using the RHW disconnecter or NAM Rail Viaduct features. See this video (YouTube) for more complete instructions on how:

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Get the best of the best from the STEX!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange. Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections