2 Screenshots

About This File

WILLOUGHBY TOWER, at 8 S. Michigan avenue, on the southwest corner of E. Madison street, built in 1929, is 36 stories high, on caissons. Samuel N. Crowen was the architect. The eight-story Willoughby building (Western Bank Note building) previously occupied this corner.

The newest design for the Willoughby Tower, by S. V. Croweon, architect, to be erected at the southwest corner of Madison and Boul Mich was announced on February 4, 1928. It is almost changed from the first design shown in The Tribune of Sunday, Sept. 18, 1927. Instead of being black, it’ll be of variegated Indiana limestone on the two stret elevations, with the first two floors of granite. The tower will le flood lighted. Work started May 1, 1928.

This file Includes: Functional Landmark with 2,500 CO$$$ Jobs

To install: Unzip the folder inside and dragg it on C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

MushyMushy

7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

The model is great, as others have said.

As far as the lighting goes, I've had that problem before. All it's doing is facing the wrong way... you can see a little of the shadow of the taller part of the building casts on the wider lower part, going the wrong way. The fix is honestly pretty simple for me usually, you just need to import the LODs and the model into another scene and re-render it (be sure to run a test render from one of the angles to make sure the problem isn't persisting).

Share this review

Link to review
matias93

4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Once again I'll be that obnoxious guy :/

First, the good things: EVERYTHING! Deco is one of the hardest styles to model, with all those small details, and you mastered at the first building; also, the texture selection is simply perfect, as are the reflections.

But there's something uncanny with the lighting: yes, it looks much more real than most SC4 buildings, but as the light is more intense and oriented differently to the rest of the game, it appears like you took a photograph of a real building (that's a show of your skills with modeling, by the way) and pasted it over a capture of SC4. I guess it was an accident or something weird going on with the rendering configuration...

Let's say that my rating is 9/5 when it could be 10/5, and I'll gladly rise it when the lighting issue gets resolved. Nevertheless, this building is pure gold!

Share this review

Link to review
kingofsimcity

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Wow, I thought the first screenshot was a photo with how well the natural lighting on the building looked o.O. The shadows look like they face a different direction though. Still, a wonderful model!

Share this review

Link to review
ESP15

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Absolutly brilliant !!!! Thank's for share !

Share this review

Link to review
daybreak

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Outstanding creation!!!!

Thank you for sharing :)

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

thank you for this beautiful art deco building  I am always amazed by what was being built 90 years ago and still fit in modern environments

Share this review

Link to review
mity102181

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Absolutely beautiful. It is nice to see another Chicago Building.Thank you!

Share this review

Link to review
Shanethemain

FANTASTIC! Cannot get enough of your work! Thank you so much!

Share this review

Link to review
simlacroix

When it comes to textures, you are DA best! Truly.

Share this review

Link to review
Cyunit

Beautiful building and great render!!*:thumb:Looks great

Share this review

Link to review
cs4berlin

Thank you for sharing *****+******

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By RandyE
      The Willis Tower, built as and still commonly referred to as Sears Tower, is a 108-story, 1,451-foot (442 m) skyscraper in Chicago, Illinois, United States. At completion in 1973, it surpassed the World Trade Center towers in New York to become the tallest building in the world, a title it held for nearly 25 years. The Willis Tower is the second-tallest building in the United States and the 14th-tallest in the world.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willis_Tower
      The version I chose to re-lot, not well-scaled and lacking night-lighting, but the texture and color was right for re-lotting.

A better scaled version with Maxis night-lighting:

• By Toothless Stitch
      The Chicago BAT Team is back with its second Bat for the community!

The Onterie Center (also known as Axis) is a sixty-story award-winning high rise in downtown Chicago, IL. It is located at 441 East Erie St, and takes its name from a conflation of "Ontario" and "Erie", the streets at its two entrances
      Designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, construction was completed in 1986. The building is two towers: a 60-story Main Tower and an 11-story Auxiliary Tower. At 570 feet (174 m), the Main Tower claims its place among the 50 tallest buildings in Chicago.
      The diagonal brace structure is dedicated to respected structural engineer and designer Fazlur Khan, and serves as an architectural nod to Khan's John Hancock Center. The X formations on the exterior are concrete infill panels which act together to form a truss tube. There are no steel beams behind them. A similar structured building, 780 Third Avenue in New York City, was completed in 1983. Onterie Center is the first concrete high-rise in the world to use diagonal shearwalls at the building perimeter. This type of design uses fewer columns and allows for a distinct unit layout. In 1986 this building won the Best Structure Award from the Structural Engineers Association of Illinois.
      In addition to its 594 apartments, Onterie Center also includes more than 140,000 square feet (13,000 m2) of office space (13,000 square meter), nearly 16,000 square feet (1,500 square meter) of ground-floor retail space, an 11,750-square-foot (1,100 square meter) health club facility with indoor swimming pool, and a 363-space, above-grade parking garage.

Da Stats:

This pack includes a Landmark version (5x4), a ploppable version with jobs (5x4) and a growable version (5x4).

LANDMARK:
      Plop cost: 100,000
      LM Effect: +40 over 20 tiles
      Mayor Rating: +6 over 256 tiles

PLOPPABLE WITH JOBS:
      Plop cost: 100,000
      LM Effect: -
      Mayor Rating: -
      Jobs: 3,800 CO§§

GROWABLE:
      Jobs: 3,800 CO§§
      Tileset: Houston 1990
      Zone type: High-density commercial
      Growth Stage: 8

Dependencies (needed to avoid brown boxes):

BSC Mega Props CP Vol.01
      BSC Mega Props CP Vol.02

You'll have to choose your version (DarkNite or Maxis Night)

Modelled by: Toothless Stitch
      Modding and Lotting by : T Wrecks

Special thanks to: darn42, Jasoncw, T Wrecks, reddonquixote, Darknono35, Aaron Graham, Bipin, IDS2, gutterclub, Vlasky and logan123 (SimForum) for supporting me with tips and tricks and thanks for all the feedback you and others gave me!

Changes will be made if needed (I'm sorry for not posting a night shot but I'm having problems with SC4 update!

For questions or if you notice any bugs, pm or write a comment.

And Now Have fun!

• By Diego Del Llano
      The Willis Tower, built as and still commonly referred to as the Sears Tower, is a 108-story, 1,450-foot (442.1 m) skyscraper in Chicago, Illinois, United States.[3] At completion in 1973, it surpassed the World Trade Centertowers in New York to become the tallest building in the world, a title it held for nearly 25 years and remained the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere until 2014 and the completion of a new building at the World Trade Center site. The building is considered a seminal achievement for its architect Fazlur Rahman Khan. The Willis Tower is the second-tallest building in the United States and the 16th-tallest in the world. More than one million people visit its observation deck each year, making it one of Chicago's most popular tourist destinations. The structure was renamed in 2009 by the Willis Group as part of its lease on a portion of the tower's space.
      As of December 2013, the building's largest tenant is United Airlines, which moved its corporate headquarters from the United Building at 77 West Wacker Drive in 2012 and today occupies around 20 floors with its headquarters and operations center.
      The building's official address is 233 South Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60606.

This file Includes: Functional Landmark with 8,000 CO$$$ Jobs
      To install: Unzip the folder inside and dragg it on C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins
    • By Bombardiere
      The Post House

The Post house is a small resident building in Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire. It is an English rural building built in late 18 century. Name, “The Post House”, is written in gothic lettering on façade, but most likely the name has nothing to do with the mail or post office. The road is called Post Street, so I guess the name of the building comes from here.

My BAT is very similar to real building, but not an exact copy. The back side and the extension is my imagination. However, I have got inspiration from 3D Warehouse Sketchup model of this house, but the BAT 100 % my own work. I haven’t used 3D Warehouse model’s textures as I feel that better result can achieve if I use my own texture bases.

In real life the Post House is most likely a resident house, but I offer the BAT as CO$$ office. I need small rural offices for my SC4 plays, so I made this as such. I have included a red brick variation of this BAT and it is a R$$ residential building

The model is HD and with Maxis and Dark Night version. Night versions share IDs, so if you have both versions in the city, those will most likely conflict. It has a custom foundation, so it is slope friendly.

Dependencies

BSC MEGA Props CP Vol01
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180

Vortexture Vol1
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3211

Vortexture Vol2
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3237

BSC MEGA Props Gascooker Vol01
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=397

Grfe_props_pack_LE_elms.dat
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3347

Grfe_props_pack_LE_daisy.dat
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3251

Grfe_props_pack_LE_ashes.dat
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2854

Girafe Hedges
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3002
      (The house model is not needed, only the model grfa_3Hedges.dat)

Girafe Lindens
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2869

The Post House

Lot 1x1, 1x2, 2x2
      Capacity satisfied CO$$ 11
      Building Value 76
      Bulldoze Cost 210
      Pollution Air: 1, Water: 1, Garbage 4
      Water Consumed 12
      Power Consumed 1

Godmanchester House

Lot 1x1, 1x3, 2x2
      Capacity satisfied R$$ 11
      Building Value 259
      Bulldoze Cost 210
      Water Consumed 2
      Power Consumed 1

Godmanchester House 45 degree
      Lot 3x2
      Capacity satisfied R$$ 13
      Building Value 317
      Bulldoze Cost 210
      Water Consumed 2
      Power Consumed 1

© 2016-7 Bombardiere

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Get the best of the best from the STEX!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange. Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections