UPDATED: Police Detective Vehicle - Collection 1.4

(22 Reviews)

13 Screenshots

About This File

NEW!

- Support for Interior UVs

Capture criminals at large with the Detective Vehicle Collection!

Features

- Replaces Detective "Donut Van" parked at the Police Precinct

- 4 different vehicle types (more vehicles will be added)

- Bundled textures are 512x512 and 256x256 resolution

- All-black undercover paint job with hidden flashers in the windshield and rear window

- Current Vehicles: Dodge Charger, Ford Crown Victoria, H2 Hummer and a Lamborghini Aventador

Instructions

- Install by copying the .package file into your ...\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityData\ folder

- You may install one vehicle to replace the detective van

- Do not install more than one detective vehicle file, this may crash your game

- You may rename the .package files, make sure they come before "SimCity_App" alphabetically

Warning

- Modifying files is still experimental and might lead to city rollbacks

- There is no official statement from Maxis nor EA about using mods, so use at your own risk

- For more information on EA modding policy: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9729407.page

Related Police Mods

This is a small, modified collection of my police vehicles for SimCity 2013. Each vehicle is outfitted to serve as an undercover detective vehicle. If you notice any problems, please report them in the comments and I will look at the issues as soon as possible. Be looking for more mods like this very soon! Thanks for your support. Happy modding :)

Parker

Author: Parker W Young - http://www.parkerwyoung.com/

License: CC Attribution ShareAlike 4.0 - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

You may modify and re-distribute these mod files only with appropriate credit given.

Special thanks to Oppie, creator of SimCityPak: http://simcitypak.codeplex.com/

Special thanks to Tobse for debugging normal maps and interior uvs

What's New 1.4

Released

• - Support for Interior UVs
  • - Texture fixes (gloss, mask, normal channels)
  • - Removed dark shadows from vehicle edges

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

BIWDC

Share this review

Link to review
JukEboX

Share this review

Link to review
SCMT

Share this review

Link to review
red467

Share this review

Link to review
BritBoi82

Share this review

Link to review
aduke102

Share this review

Link to review
Rapodemus

Share this review

Link to review
M2Asterix

Share this review

Link to review
snoq

Share this review

Link to review
ky72x

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By simcity4ever88
      Hi, here I post the link to my Italian BATs: a large collection of models and lots made by myself.
      They include W2Ws, condos, rowhouses, churches, palaces, factories, farms, canals, and other props, many of which you can see at work in my "Augusta, large Italian city" journal here.

The total size of the zip is 229MB. Once unzipped, the download weighs 263MB, including:
      175MB of actual game files. The "BAT clips" folder, containing screenshots of most gmax scenes, so that you know which is which. The Readme, with more detailed information.
      Whatever files you choose to use, DO NOT DELETE the ones named "blank.." located in the "Lot props" folder, as they are needed for most lots to work. Unless, of course, you know for certain they are not needed for the specific lots you will be using.

I'm sorry for not having time to properly upload my works one by one with documentation, dependencies lists etc. I hope they can still be useful to players who need Italian-themed content, as the latter is quite rare.
      Some lots, especially small ones, do not require any dependencies. If brown boxes do appear, the missing dependencies can be detected by using SC4Tool.
      Should anybody, after scanning some lot, wish to upload it directly to the STEX, he is welcome to do so, as long as I am mentioned as the author.

Thank you and enjoy!

EXTRAS
      In case some batter wishes to play around with my models, I will provide the link for the BAT scenes too -- at least the ones that survived my pc crush/change. Just let me know.
      The same for the automata I modded, which you can spot in my journal as well. They include buses, long trailer trucks, scooters, superbikes, etc, and are not included in my Italian BATs collection because some of them are modifications of custom content by other authors, so I can't claim full credit + their instances may conflict. If I get requests regardless of these issues, I will share them too.

Simcity4ever88
    • By Acc3ssViolation

Vehicle Effects is a mod I've been working on that allows some more effects to be added to vehicles via xml files, while also adding a couple of custom effects. This way we can have steam trains that have steam, propeller planes that don't sound like jets and probably many more things that look and sound like they should. Some features are still being added, but the mod can be found here!
      Current features
      Create custom sound effects via xml. Editor for creating definition files in the Asset Editor. Allows new effects to be added to vehicles. Allows replacement and removal of existing effects on a vehicle. 'wrapper' effect used to position other effects. 3 new engine sound effects, one steam, one diesel, one wheel noise. 1 new particle effect for steam exhausts on trains and boats. 1 new particle effect for diesel engine exhausts. 1 new small spot light effect with daytime visibility. MultiEffects via config to create alternating/timed effects. Propeller sound effect for planes. Planned features
      Update editor to support custom MultiEffects. Add better location preview for wrapped effects in editor. Video
      Video showing some particle, sound and light effects.
      Links

Workshop page
      GitHub page

If anyone has ideas, suggestions or problems concerning this mod, please leave a comment below!
    • By airman15
      At the heart of any well-balanced city is an order legislated to guarantee the welfare of all who live inside it's jurisdiction. Law Enforcement is one of the most important branches to a government, ensuring safety to all. Even if it's a traffic ticket now and then or a donut shop being stormed. Your departments need a sturdy car and the Impala is the perfect fit! For when the going gets tough in the streets, these new cruisers are well-equipped to take on anything!
      About the Upload-
      This mod converts the Police Car into a modified Chevrolet Impala. There are 8 different liveries included, based on various police departments from the United States. The liveries included are not specific to any real cities, so they can blend into almost any setting within the game. The shields on each side are custom emblems from GM to promote the Impala as a police unit. Static props included.
      Dependencies?
      None required, but if you would like to see these units in action (besides their regular patrols), it's recommended to download the Lots of Riots mod, which will spawn more frequent uprisings that allow you to actually use the police dispatch tool!
    • By RaeFromStateFarm
      An asset i'm working on is having a weird light glitch that i first thought was because of the specular mask or something.
      I know it's most likely the police lights causing it, it only happens when the police lights are on and it seems the rotation of the lights light up certain parts of the car too.

I'm guessing maybe the police lights are positioned awkwardly or in the center? 
      But i don't know where to begin in asset editor because when you position the police lights, you can't see the police lights while you're doing it like you can with headlights.
    • By Murokmakto
      Hello everybody,

I´m a big fan of first person trips through virtual cities. Since the first city building game I played I always wanted to walk the streets of my cities and see a pedestrians view. Luckily this is possible in Cities: Skylines; this is why I am going to do a series of first persion trip videos of my City (ies).

This one is set in the City of San Salvador (I am going to do a tour and Lets Play later on), which is about 70% done,.
      I hope you enjoy!

Season's Greetings!

xmas popup.jpg

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections