• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

19 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

23 hours ago, bnkam7 said:

....Actually, that may be a thing that we should have done years before. We knew that our download section wasn't the easiest one to navigate trough, especially with image hosting sites "blackouts", but because of real-life affairs, we did not have enough time to do this. Now, as we take that ultimate decision, we will try to save at least a part of it.

Sorry to hear your sad news, I was spending quite a bit of time in your downloads section as for a number of years I've been indexing the community exchanges and had been indexing yours, the index is still in draft format am attaching it to this post in case it proves useful for anyone

:read:

WebLinks-draft-simcitypolska.xlsx

On 19-5-2018 at 2:21 PM, bnkam7 said:

Dear Fellow Players,

I'm Kamil, known as kbieniu7 at other SimCity websites. I'm one of the admins of SimCityPolska and have to make a sad announcement.

For last ten years we've been running a website which became the main scene of the Polish part of SimCity 4 Community, as well as one of several bigger download sections with hundreds of plugins uploaded.

Having a great number of users, Mayor Diaries and events at the very beginning, with each passing year we encountered lower and lower activity at our website. That happened not only among us, it's been well visible in other communities too. Thanks to effort and donations from older users, we managed to keep the forum and the download section alive (although with many holes in them). In recent years, however, the decline has been so deep that we practically stopped seeing any activity out there. Because of that fact, combined with raising costs and less and less of our personal time to keep it running, with a heavy hearth we decided to shut the site down.

We won't do it instantly. Instead, we will start by closing the discussion board within next weeks. We acknowledge that we share a big download section with hundreds of files and that it would be unfair for the Players to just let them dissappear. We want to run trough the content, choose the best files, pack some of them into packages and reupload at other websites (presumably here at Simtropolis and SC4Devotion).

Actually, that may be a thing that we should have done years before. We knew that our download section wasn't the easiest one to navigate trough, especially with image hosting sites "blackouts", but because of real-life affairs, we did not have enough time to do this. Now, as we take that ultimate decision, we will try to save at least a part of it.

Probably, by the end of the year, SimCityPolska will disappear. What I could encourage you to do is to visit the website, take a look at BAT&LOT section and download the files that might seem interesting to you, as long as they are still available.

Speaking of the community, we probably keep the facebook profile running for a while, although we can't see much to be saved and we think that there is no point in opening any new Polish-speaking place.

We hope that you understand this decision. Many thanks to anyone who has ever visited SimCityPolska. That was a pleasure to host and act in this part of the SimCity 4 Community.

Best Regards,
SimCityPolska Administration Team

Sory to hear this ! Yes, site navigation for a non polish was as with any foreign langage laborious.Transfer to Simtropolis may beside the files be a oppetunity  to set op a polish speaking club so socializing is still posible in privat !  Wish you wel with your time  of sorrow !

Kind regards !

kschmidt

On 5/23/2018 at 4:19 AM, kschmidt said:

Sory to hear this ! Yes, site navigation for a non polish was as with any foreign langage laborious.Transfer to Simtropolis may beside the files be a oppetunity  to set op a polish speaking club so socializing is still posible in privat !  Wish you wel with your time  of sorrow !

Kind regards !

kschmidt

You might want to follow the PLEX, although it's shutdown because of accidental error, not unpopularity. PLEX admin decided to transfer all of their files to the STEX. The result, the files are preserved.

Your decision to shutdown your community making the SC4 defunct community bigger.

Thanks.

@bnkam7

I apologize for the delay, but I now have full approval from @Dirktator to proceed with the plan you and I have discussed via PM. *:)

That means we will create a separate section on the STEX named SimCityPolska (or however you want it to look (it can have spaces)). It can also have sub categories so you can let me know what you would like those to be. As we discussed there are likely several members here who will be willing to help move your files over, test them for dependencies, gather in game screenshots, and post the original descriptions in Polish along with (at a minimum) a Google translation.

So, you now have full support from the ST staff to migrate every single file to our STEX and you can recruit any of our willing members to help with the job. For any members who upload files on your behalf we staff can then change the author after the fact. Let me know if you do plan to make a Polska Team account name as I mentioned in the PM.

You can begin discussion here in this thread or create a new one to work out the logistics of how to be sure all the files get moved so peeps aren't duplicating each others efforts.

I've set up the main category which can be used immediately. Once we know what the sub categories are to be we can move any uploaded files into them.

SimCityPolska Menu Item.jpg

Once there you will see this:

SimCityPolska Desc Draft.jpg

^ So, we'll want to change this to whatever y'all want it to say. Just let me know and I can edit it.

2 minutes ago, matias93 said:

Just to avoid redundances: remember that some files originated from the Polish community are already on the STEX, so maybe we could start by identifiying and moving them to the new section...

Sounds like an excellent idea to me. *:yes:

For more than 15 years now, community sites dedicated to SC4 have each helped sustain interest in a creative hobby from many parts of the world. SimCityPolska has been another piece of the jigsaw, and it'll be very sad to see the site go. However, we understand the reasons behind the decision, and a website isn't sustainable without constant care and attention, along with the all-important funding for hosting and maintenance.

As Cori said above, as staff it is our pleasure to offer a new platform for the SimCityPolska community. Then in the same way as SimPeg, people can continue to find and enjoy the legacy BATs, lots, mods and maps how the authors intended. When people shared their creations many years ago, they probably never envisioned them still being around to this day. But I believe it is our duty to turn this into a reality, given content preservation and accessibility is a key focus point.

I say a big THANK YOU to all the owners and participants of the SC Polska website. 
A lot of beautiful things are there!
Very few SC4 lovers in the world today.
Now there were only Simtropolis, Devotion and France. 
China, Japan, and Korea sites died a long time ago.
Life is life  :'(

SC4 Polska must have own chapter here according Corina - YES!
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU 

9 hours ago, Silur said:

I say a big THANK YOU to all the owners and participants of the SC Polska website. 
A lot of beautiful things are there!
Very few SC4 lovers in the world today.
Now there were only Simtropolis, Devotion and France. 
China, Japan, and Korea sites died a long time ago.
Life is life  :'(

SC4 Polska must have own chapter here according Corina - YES!
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU 

Asia bat´s most relocated to simtropolis !

Japan, some lost other relocated see Japanese links page http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=361.0

SimCity.cn stille up and running but user access difficult !

Last european SC4 site not mentioned Capital Sims.net http://SimCity.capitalsim.net/

SimCity  Plaza with SimCity Kurier files http://www.simcityplaza.de/index.php/simcitykurier

So not yet dead !

Sincerely yours,

kschmidt

Always wonderful to see the best minds of our community at work. 15 years ago few envisioned that all of us SC4 players would still be here playing it and discussing it so actively, but as long as all of us remain interested it is critical to preserve content and provide a platform for the community.

Aw no!=( I loved simcitypolska, it had such great wall to wall content, and commieblocks!  Best of luck though, Kamil, and thanks for keeping the site up! =)

I'm kinda glad I came late to this thread as I could see CorinaMarie's post and know that SCPolska will migrate to the STEX. I've been a steady user of your site, loving the different flavour of the lots there, that allow us to build more European, Old World towns and cities. I want to thank you for all the hours (days !) of pleasure those lots gave me and I hope to see some of your excellent batlotters keep on batlotting and uploading their creations here.

So sad to see the site go, right when i was starting to love the content i had just discovered on there. All the best to the Simpolska team, thanks for the great lots and bats you've given us! *:ohyes: