Haljackey

Show us your: Failures!

15 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

4 hours ago, Thin White Duke said:

This happened a few months ago, and because I'd been fighting for so long with this single interchange I just got fed up and left it sitting for a long time. Only recently have I fixed it.

-snip-

You know, I had the exact same issue working on a quite similar interchange like what you made there. My creative (abeit time consuming) solution was to extend the ramps, which was PITA because I ended up demolishing nearly everything to redo the T interchange. >.<

On a side note here: this is the result of me eyeballing the interchange instead of counting the amount of tiles I have to spare. Because if I demolish the ramp then I have to redo the flexfly and the bigger ramp...ftfGrfm.png

On 10/28/2016 at 0:14 AM, Thin White Duke said:

This happened a few months ago, and because I'd been fighting for so long with this single interchange I just got fed up and left it sitting for a long time. Only recently have I fixed it.

[pic]

Yeah, you can't have two FlexFlys overlapping each other. Apparently, that takes a lot of code to get that to work. 

On 10/28/2016 at 4:50 AM, simmytu said:

On a side note here: this is the result of me eyeballing the interchange instead of counting the amount of tiles I have to spare. Because if I demolish the ramp then I have to redo the flexfly and the bigger ramp...

I think you may be pleased with some of the work going into the next NAM (v35). ;)

(aaaand I've said too much :lol:)

From the very get go, I had a feeling this would probably turn into a second NAM/RHW tech support thread.:rofl:

On 10/29/2016 at 0:19 AM, Compdude787 said:

Yeah, you can't have two FlexFlys overlapping each other. Apparently, that takes a lot of code to get that to work. 

Indeed . . . it's not off the table, but it's a ton of adjacency code.  We have to not only account for the behavior at the point where the FLEXFlys cross, but also, the tiles next to the crossings with both FLEXFlys.  The one proposal that was most feasible was Ganaram's idea, that we only allow FLEXFlys to cross one another at specific points, rather than every single tile.  We could at least handle some of the more common situations that way, like T-interchanges.  It'd be somewhere in the range of 50,000 lines of RUL2 code that way, rather than hundreds of thousands.  Depending on how the network flags are set up, it's possible that RUL1 code could be invoked, which could cut it down closer to 10,000.

For reference, I added somewhere around 80,000 to 100,000 lines of RUL2 code to the FLEX Height Transition stability improvements in NAM 35.  I still haven't gotten to adding the same bells and whistles to the FLEX OnSlopes yet.

-Tarkus

On 3/23/2017 at 8:00 PM, Haljackey said:

I forgot a connection...

It would be ok if the next u-turn wasn't 25 miles down

On 4/17/2017 at 7:15 PM, kingofsimcity said:

When you make too many textures and forget the IDs you previously used:

You mean that's not the new eco-friendly concrete that sucks up leaked oil?

If a farmer ever needs to get to their fields fast... they had better use a tractor with nitrous oxide injection on that motorway stretch, though.

Heres a Sims failure:

simspriv.jpg

Abandoned due to commute time... except that green square/park is a custom park with 2500 civic jobs (and 10K cap relief).  I guess thats what society considers part of the unemployable.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By nice_thread
      These banding stripes would appear whenever I wanted to plop zones. And it doesnt end there. Even the clouds, the shoreline, cars, llamas, and even tornadoes suffer with this color banding. What to do? 

• By poshbakerloo
      I'm building a city and for some reason everything keep burning! Disasters are turned off forest fires keep raging constantly. I have wide firefighting coverage but fires keep burning constantly and spreading all over, then burn some more. As soon as one it put out, the flare up again!

• By nycsc4
      I posted this in the SC4 Custom Content thread since that's what appears to be affected here.  I also wanted to post in the Mac Forum since this is taking place on my MacBook.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this or not, but I recently came across a very interesting graphical error.  I'm not even sure if graphical error is the right term for it as the game itself is still functioning normally with no gameplay issues.
      I've attached some images to illustrate my problem.
      Before:

After:

You'll notice that the red brick BSC paths and textures I use have suddenly changed to a dirt brown color.  The color of the trees isn't nearly as vibrant either.  The color of my rail catenaries  has also dimmed.  I've attached a closeup below of what they look like now, you can see their original look in the before image above.
      I also can no longer make roundabouts with the street or road tools and my roads no longer end in cul-de-sacs like they used to (but streets still do).

I run SimCity 4 through Steam on a 2015 MacBook Pro.  Between the before and after shots I made zero changes or additions to my plugins folder or any other game settings.  The only thing I did differently was update my MacOS from Sierra to High Sierra.  After that, these issues started to pop up.  I've re-ploped and redrew several buildings and networks with no apparent change.  Any help would be very much appreciated.  This isn't the biggest deal, and quite honestly the colors aren't all that terrible.  But I'd like to get back to my red bricks and brighter trees if I can.
      Thanks!
    • By TheMist123
      Hello,
      I'm experiencing a weird glitch where a dark blue rectangle appears on the bottom border of only the largest squares of any map I play. The bar only appears once I enter the large square, save, and exit back to the main map menu. If I don't save over, the blue bar won't appear. It doesn't matter if I change anything on the map, as long as a save over the existing map, then blue bar will appear.
      Any ideas what could be causing this? It really ruins the aesthetic!
      Thanks!