Prior Inundatio (10x10 Lg Tiles) 1.0.0

(2 Reviews)

8 Screenshots

About This File

This is a new map in my could-be-a-real-place-but-isn't series. It is 10 x 10 large tiles (100 total). For this Prior Inundatio Map I've been adding features to the source code of the Offline Planet Map Generator. I created this map to appeal to peeps who like a lot of flat land to build mega cities (or lots of flat farms) while still having a realistic, random shape in all three dimensions.  My pictures are shown using the Columbus Terrain Mod 2 which I modified by setting MaxBeachWidth to 0x9 and MaxBeachAltitude to 9. I feel this defines the coast lines better. Water is by @drunkapple.

The pictures above are:

1. The full topographical map using colors similar to those in the in game mini map. The brighter green and darker green areas are basically flat in the game. (If you find this image useful for planning out your overall region design, click the image to enlarge it and then do a Save as...)
  2. Zoomed in of the the first picture to better show the contour lines.
  3. Region view using Region Census
  4. In game region view to better show the flat areas extending to the water's edge.
  5. In game region view showing it fully painted with Maxis trees.
  6. In game city tile view painted with Maxis trees.
  7. In game city tile view showing ground only. (So you can better see the flat areas and the amount of slope up the hills.)
  8. Another thing I coded in the map generator was to make the coast lines much more friendly. All of the Ferries and Seaports were plopped with no in game terraforming. (Note: Maxis seaports still need a fairly straight stretch of shore.)

To use: Put the three files in a folder called Prior Inundatio under your Region folder of SimCity 4 in your Documents.  Then simply render in game with Shift+Control+Alt+r from that region screen like any other grayscale import.

Note: Some Terrain Mods have altered the original Maxis settings for the total height, sea level, and import scale factor. If your render does not look like the above pictures, this will be why.

User Feedback