ESP15 Hearst Tower ESP15 Hearst Tower

(5 Reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

The Hearst Tower is a building with the addresses of 300 West 57th Street and 959 Eighth Avenue,[2] near Columbus Circle, in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. It is the world headquarters of Hearst Communications, housing the numerous publications and communications companies of the media conglomerate under one roof, including, among others, Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Marie Claire, Harper's Bazaar, Good Housekeeping, and Seventeen.

The six-story base of the headquarters building was commissioned by the founder, William Randolph Hearst, and awarded to the architect Joseph Urban. The building was completed in 1928[3] at a cost of $2 million and contained 40,000 square feet (3,700 m2). The original cast stone facade has been preserved in the new design as a designated Landmark site. Originally built as the base for a proposed skyscraper, the construction of the tower was postponed due to the Great Depression. The new tower addition was completed nearly eighty years later, and 2,000 Hearst employees moved in on June 26, 2006.

Is a Landmark version.

I'm sorry for my failure to load. I have done it again and I hope it will work now. I hope you like it.

thanks for everything!

Model sourced from the 3D Warehouse, created by Google Geo Models.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Parisian

8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

Hey Guy. That is cool you are giving an interest for NYC buildings. Those models you choose are truly interesting models, particularly the Hearst Tower....

BUT, the problem is that those models you upload are just simple textured box...  So in term of quality it's not that good, and the texture need some more work as long as the rest of the model. You could decide to learn a little, how to BAT and recreate those models out of Sketchup import/Gmax export.

I gave you a 3 (because you show a very passionnate will to build, but a 3 because those models definetly needs more work). 

Share this review

Link to review
RandyE

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Regardless of any technical or other detail regarding this building.  It is the first building I've seen that thoroughly looks like a glass building in SC4 according to my screen settings.   Its more than a model, its magic. :ohyes: 

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

thank you  looks interesting   nice model

Share this review

Link to review
ESP15

@Parisian Thanks for your opinion. I am passionate about the world of architecture. I love New York and for me it is a passion and a dream to recreate it in this great game. I would love to learn as much as possible so I can share with all my best version of all my models. Thank you for your vote and the rest of fellow Simtropolis!

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By Diego Del Llano
      Cahalane Communications is a Comercial Ofices Buildin, the Heights is 200 m approximately.
      Style: Houston 1990
      File content:  
      -Functional Landmark with 4,500 CO$$$_Maxis Nite Version
      -Functional Landmark with 4,500 CO$$$_Dark Nite Version
      -Functional Landmark with 4,500 CO$$$_Original Maxis Version
      Notice:
      1.- The model presented here is an interpretation of the author. The measurements and size may vary from the original model made by Maxis.
      2.- The models are not exact replicas of the original models created by Maxis, so new features could be included, some earlier removed or altered.
      3.- If any model does not meet your requirement, you can download the original version of the maxis file offered in this file and edit it as you wish.
      4.- This is a work of exploration and experimentation that Diego Del Llano wanted to share with the community of Simtropolis. If some of this work does not satisfy you, you have the option of not downloading this file.
      5.-Diego Del Llano appreciates your understanding and wishes you to enjoy this project to the fullest.
      6.- Acknowledgments and all the credits to the original authors of this model.

• By mattb325
      Plaza Hotel New York, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      Like so many buildings in New York city, the Plaza Hotel can claim 'icon' status.
      This 20-story landmark building opened in 1907 on Central Park South and the main entrance faces the Grand Army Plaza (from which the Plaza Hotel derives its name).
      The building is in a French Renaissance Chateau style. It was extended in 1921 with the addition of a 300 room annexe along W58th St.
      This is a complex building - indeed one of the more complex buildings I have batted - with no two elevations the same. 
      While the BAT I have made is a fairly faithful interpretation of the real Plaza hotel, in order to get this into a game constrained by 16m2 tiles, I have had to reinterpret some elements of the building.
      The main areas that have been deliberately altered  to ensure that this is a good and useful game asset (rather than a strict recreation) are most evident along the W58th St side, which in real life is longer than the Central Park Side. 
      To that end I have taken off approx 10m along the W58th St frontage which ensures that the building sits comfortably on 5 tiles and added a matching roof turret for symmetry. 
      The front elevation is slightly narrower than the original to ensure that it sits within a 4 tile space. This is to ensure that other W2W buildings, which are typically 2 tiles deep can grow (or be plopped) adjacent to the building and neatly align (as per the screenshots).
      Lastly, the roof junk has been deliberately streamlined and simplified to avoid the very cluttered roof-top look of the original building.
      All that said, if you believe that a recreation must be 100% accurate, then this BAT is not for you, as I have made the changes to the building in order to ensure that it is a good and useful game asset.
      The building comes in a growable CS§§§ 4x5 lot, a ploppable CS§§§ 4x5 lot and a growable R§§§ 4x5 lot.

It grows on the New York tileset and given that is an oversized Chateau, in my opinion would work equally well in a Euro environment.
      STATS CS§§§ (Growable & Ploppable):
      Lot size :                  4x5
      Growth Stage:         8 (High Density Zoning; N/A for ploppable)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 1,255
      Capacity Satisfied:  CS§ 8,999 CS§§ 2,252 CS§§§ 903
      Pollution:                  45 (Air)/ 30 (Water)/ 60 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Power Consumed:  188 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   1,683 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          New York (N/A for ploppable)
      Occupant Group:     High Wealth Commercial Services Building

STATS R§§§ :
      Lot size :                  4x5
      Growth Stage:         7 (High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 1,255
      Capacity Satisfied:  R§ 10,143 R§§ 5,600 R§§§ 2,448
      Pollution:                  25 (Air)/ 8 (Water)/ 8 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:    6/7/0
      Power Consumed:  217 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   288 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          New York (N/A for ploppable)
      Occupant Group:     High Wealth Commercial Services Building
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 

DEPENDENCIES:
      * Dayopeace.dat
      N.B: this is for the moving flag props and is one of the Maxis files that were available on the official exchange. Most users will have this. However, if you don't, it is available here: https://screwpiledevelopments.com/screw-pile-exchange-spex/maxis-files/
      Scroll until you see the 'Day of Peace' and then click on the link. You do not need a drop-box account to download the file (you can dismiss the account creation request and download this as a guest).

NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:
      There are none. Your driver circles the block while you and your guests dine inside at the Palm Court. If you don't understand this concept, then don't download 
      To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      Thanks.
    • By Urban Constanta
      Hi!

I have a small problem. I am converting some growables buildings into eye candy landmarks to use in my let's design the city project. The problems is that the building after converting is not scaled corectly on the lot , i mean the building is a bit smaller than the lot. Those are w2w lots.

Thank you!
    • By Simmer2
      SM2 Royal Flush Plumbing Supplies.
      Is a I-M 8X10 Industrial lot for all your plumbing needs!.
      It provides 462 $$jobs
      Requires water and power.
      You will find it in your Landmark menu.
      Happy flushing!
      Simmer2
      SM2 Prop Pack Vol2 - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3434
      SM2 Prop Pack Vol3 - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3499
      SM2 Prop Pack Vol4 - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3548
      SM2 Prop Pack Vol5 - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3555
      SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures - https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31006-supershk-mega-parking-textures/

Have fun.
      Simmer2

Season's Greetings!

xmas popup.jpg

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections