8 Screenshots

About This File

This is my contribution to the STEX 20K file mark.   Its just a simple landmark file of the Maxis Quantum Dish.   Plop it in appreciation of all the files that came before.

EDIT: JUST VERIFIED. STEX Files 20,000  Yiiiiiiiiiihaaaaaa!!!!!  *:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This download now has 3 versions of the Quantum Dish. The original is the 1x1 Landmark found at the top of the LM menu. The LM is a functional industrial lot (stats below).   The 2nd version is a 1x1 (non-functional) Park found in the Parks Menu.   The Park lot can be used to place anywhere on a map without needing road and power connections and will not dilapidate.    The LM and Park lots are identical but can be differentiated by clicking on the lot with the query tool. 

The stats for the 1x1 Park lot are the same as for the Open Grass Area park with light park effect and negligible pollution.

On the morning of February 10, 2017 I noticed the counter was at 19,999 and I had been working on making a functional landmark from the Maxis Quantum Dish.  I quickly threw together a zip-file to upload so I could claim the fame of having the 20,000th upload to the STEX.    I've further developed this download, adding 2 more Quantum Dish lots and a Simtropolis lamp-post sign. 

The 13x2 Simtropolis Lamp-post sign is a hand-printed souvenir for fans and colleagues of Simtropolis.  It is found in the Parks menu.

Quantum Dish 3x3 Network Roundabout

This lot is lavishly gardened and lit with lamps.  Each side of the lot is connected to the street network so cars will pass through and drive around the roundabout.  The street overlay textures are included in the folder with the lot.  These may be used in other lots but references to the textures should be maintained to prevent duplicate loading of the textures.  If another lot uses the textures a message should be included instructing to delete multiples of the same .dat file. 
Landmark Effect: 25 over 15 tiles
Park Effect: 15 over 20 tiles
Pollution: Negligible

Quantum Dish 1x1 Landmark Lot
STATS:

Lot Size: 1x1
Type: High-Tech Industrial Machinery Building
Lot based on Big Ben 1x1 Landmark.
Query: Industrial, Quantum Dish
Query Sound: Machine Lot
Menu Icon: Landmark Menu, purple background.

Jobs:  High-Tech 84
Wealth: High
Monthly Cost: 0
Monthly Income: 20
Plop Cost: 20
Bulldoze Cost: 0

Landmark Effect: 40 over 20 tiles
Park Effect: 10 over 20 tiles
Mayor Rating Effect: +7 over 100 tiles

Power Consumed: 20 MWh
Water Consumed: 20 Gallons
Air Pollution: 0 over 0 tiles
Water Pollution: 1 over 2 tiles
Garbage: 2 over 0 tiles
Flammability: 4

INSTALL:

Choose which lots you want to use by folder name, delete any not used and delete the readme and preview html files.

Place The 'Quantum Dish STEX 20K V3' folder in your user Plugins folder.
In Windows the user Plugins folder is found in \<username>\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No external dependencies, Maxis night-lighting on Simtropolis Lamp-post Sign and 3x3 Networked Quantum Dish

;)

What's New in Version 3.0   View Changelog

Released

Stats, Instructions, Previews, Zipfile

Added 1x1 Park version and 3x3 Roundabout version.  Added Simtropolis sign and Preview html file.

User Feedback