3 Screenshots

About This File

Zurich, Switzerland

a map by: blunder

-------------

Installation:

This map is in .sc4m format and requires either Terraformer or Mapper to import.

1. Navigate to your Documents/SimCity 4/Regions folder and create a new folder with your desired region name

2. Copy+paste the config.bmp file into the folder you just created.

3. Open SC4TF, open the new region, import the .sc4m file, save and quit.

4. You must open and save each tile for it to display your terrain mod instead of the terraformer/mapper elevation color overlay.

-------------

Description:

Zurich and environs are located in switzerland.

The compressor tool was used in terraformer because the real shorelines of Lakes lucerne and Zurich are about 30m apart in elevation; in this map they are 4m apart. Also, the bottom of the valleys below the surface of lake Zurich have consequently been flattened. Although this loses some reality in the valley bottoms, more flat land is gained for building in a manner not too unrealistic; a decent trade in my opinion.

This huge map is 72km x 80km and made from satellite data. It contains both a standard and a custom config.bmp, please choose only one.

Map made using satellite data, image editing software, and drunkapple's invaluable advice.

(I HIGHLY recommend using the high altitude + snow installation of Gobias' Alpine terrain mod found over at sc4d)

For questions, comments, and requests please see my Map Thread over at simpeg.com

Happy Gaming!

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

dgidge

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Akyhne

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
NikTech5

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By Erik_Riel
      This Is The Earth Map That A Lot Of People Are Missing. Feel Free To Comment And Point Out Any Mistakes That I Made
    • By cypherneo
      There's a little something here for everyone. Eroded mountain terrain, coastline, water
    • By MatthewTNT79
      I've been trying to make a custom map where a river splits, goes over a cliff, and into the sea. However, there are a host of problems and I have little idea how to fix them. Along with the the unnatural terrain, especially around the slopes, the rivers are much too shallow and one of them has a mild drop after the cliff, which is undesirable. It would be very appreciative if you could assist me with making my map or better yet, have the file for the map itself so you could fix it.

Link to the map here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bt316635ghnjvqr/Candle Sea.crp?dl=0

• By gobrowns
      I use the Cleyra Map and Theme and everything looks fine when I first load it, but when I save and come back to continue, the colors are off and the graphics don't look as smooth, especially along the coasts. Any ideas what's happening? Thanks!
    • By catty-cb
        The Memorial City Park is available in three versions and each can be downloaded separately from the STEX, they can be found in the reward menu as it comes with 16 jobs and earns your city $800 a month income from the shop profits, the front entrance of the park and also the entrance to the carpark in version 2 (LH & RH) have been network enabled to give the visual effect of cars stopping or using the car park.
      The Azaleas, Roses, Shop and Wildflowers are all from prop families so if you have more than one of these parks in your city there will be subtle differences between the parks, especially after you have planted trees, etc using God or Mayor mode.
      You may get Blimps or Balloons over your city, you will definitely get fireworks once a year and of course the year would not be complete without a visit from Santa Claus.
      Last but not least this park will have a positive effect on your Air, Mayor Rating and Water in the area surrounding the park.
      ENJOY 
       Lot Details and Information Ploppable City Park with Jobs and Income:
      Lot size: 8 x 8 tiles or 10 x 9 tiles Menu position: Building: Reward, Building: Dog Magnet, Building: YIMBY Jobs (16 Total): Jobs $ : 4,Jobs $$ : 9,Jobs $$$ : 3,R-$ : 4,R-$$ : 9,R-$$$ : 3 Plop cost: § 1600 Bulldoze cost: § 3200 Monthly Income: § 800 Park effect: 32 over 32 tiles Landmark effect: 32 over 16 tiles Max. Fire Stage: 0 Power consumption: 32 MWh/month Water consumption: 32 Gallons/month Air pollution: -32 over 16 tiles Water pollution: -32 over 16 tiles Garbage pollution: 0 over 0 tiles  Compatibility This download is only compatible with SimCity 4 "Rush Hour" or SimCity 4 Deluxe.  Installation Installation: While the park is slope friendly it is also very formal in layout and I would recommend plopping it on flat or leveled ground and due to the size and number of effects and props not to have more than one park per city, there are three versions of this park, each can be downloaded separately from the STEX.
      Version 1 - No Carpark
      Version 2 - With Carpark (Lefthand Drive)
      Version 2 - With Carpark (Righthand Drive)
      Version 3 - With Stream
      I have not included any trees in the park so as to allow people to use God or Mayor mode to plant trees suitable for their city or region, the only place you cannot plop trees is on the lake and the surrounding area covered by the wildflowers, because it can take several attempts to get the right look with your trees I have kept the cost of plopping and deleting this park to $1600/$3200.
      Un-Installing: To un-install the files, simply bulldoze every lot from this download in your cities and delete the files from the plugins folder afterwards.
      Please Note: This replaces the Memorial Park_3603dd74.SC4Lot,  Memorial Rose Park V1_362ab5fe.SC4lot, Memorial Rose Park V2 (LH)_b624de92.SC4lot and Memorial Rose Park V2 (RH)_5624de9c.SC4lot ... so would recommend deleting these obsolete parks from your plugin folder or using the provided cleanitol file to remove using the BSC Cleanitol TM program found on the LEX at SC4 Devotion.
       Dependencies To ensure the proper functionality, make sure the files mentioned below are installed in the plugins folder, all are available on the SC4D LEX Disk V.1 or you can download them from the SC4 Devotion LEX http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/Default.htm
      Please remember that SC4 requires you to have separate logins for the forums and the LEX
      Most people who regularly download custom content should already have these in their plugin folder
      BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol 01.dat - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=746
      BSC Props Holiday Park SG Vol 01.dat - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=542
      BSC MEGA Props - Misc Vol01.dat - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=426
      BSC MEGA Props - Misc Vol02.dat - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1771
      BSC Textures Vol 01.dat - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=443
      BSC Textures Vol 02.dat - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=638
       Notes about Nightlighting Effects In order to see the nightlighting, you must install the EP1-Update 1 for Rush Hour/SimCity 4 Deluxe, and then afterwards, install the SC4-Update for nightlighting (note: you have to be logged in in order to see the download link). If this update isn't installed, you won't see any lighting effects on custom BAT buildings.  Disclaimer The usage of this download is on your own risk. I try to test my lots extensively, so they should work properly, but errors may still exist. Feel free to modify the lots for yourself and show them in your City Journals, but please don't distribute them without asking first.   Feedback and Support Please feel free to comment and if you have any support questions or problems please PM me and I will attempt to answer them to the best of my knowledge, and as quickly as possible.

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections