My apologies if this has been covered - I've searched extensively and can't find the answer and would like some help, please.
All of the trees and MMPs have disappeared from my latest city. I gather this is a result of "prop pox." So I read each of the following carefully:
I downloaded the sc4macinjector and ran it. All seems unchanged - no harm done. (I backed up plugins and regions just in case.)
I downloaded sc4fix - which seems to be doing wonders for our Windows friends - YAY!!! It is a .dll file. I have no clue what to do with it. My VERY basic computer knowledge is that .dll files can't run on Mac. Regarding the sc4macinjector it says the following on its page:
"What does this do
SC4MacInjector allows the Mac equivalent of .dll mods to be loaded on Aspyr's port of SimCity 4 for Intel Macs.
Note: you will not be able to use Windows .dll mods directly. They need to be targeted specifically for Macs as .so files."
OK. I comprehend those words, but haven't a clue as to what that means in action - or if there is something I can do to target a .dll file as an .so file. <insert very confused llama, perhaps >
1. Do I actually have prop pox? Have I made the correct assumption that the pox caused my MMPs and props on small residentials to disappear?
2. Can someone guide on what, if anything, there is to be done about it? I feel clueless and in way over my head from a technological standpoint. Like... I understand technology better than your 90 year old grandma who just made you those amazing cookies*, but ... sometimes... not much.
*A hypothetical grandma. Now I want cookies.
What does this do
Fixes a serialization bug that could corrupt the savegame, particularly when mods are installed that modify existing exemplars (i.e. prop pox). Resolves a crash-to-desktop when hovering NAM puzzle pieces over transit-enabled lots. Allows other DLLs to load into SC4's memory without a GZCOM framework. Requirements
This fix is made for versions 640 and 641 of SimCity 4 on Windows. Version 640 is a fully-patched SC4 retail copy, and version 641 is a fully-patched digital distribution version (i.e. Steam, Origin, GOG). Although v641 is supported, it has only been officially tested on Steam.
Unzip to Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins.
To see if SC4Fix is working properly, check the title of your game window. If you are playing in fullscreen mode, alt-tab out and hover over the SimCity taskbar icon. The titlebar will show "SC4Fix (version #)" if loaded properly.
Repairing cities already affected by prop pox
Thanks to kingofsimcity for these instructions:
In the region view, open the graphics settings and change City Detail to Low. Close and relaunch SC4. Open the offending city tile and save immediately. Exit to region without saving and change City Detail back to High. Close and relaunch SC4. Open the offending city tile and save again. Demonstration
Click here for a video showing the ability to hover puzzle pieces over transit-enabled lots with this DLL.
Development Thread and Source Code
1. So I ran into a little problem after a longer hiatus from the game. I started to change a coulple of lot which were redone during the last couple of months, when I so the phenomena on the first picture. The diagonal roads which has any plopped item next to it reverts US style double yellow line road instead of the white dashed european stlye, which is my NAM setting. The funny thing is, that the zones are not affecting to the road, only the plopables. My question is: could it be a NAM issue OR maybe one of @rsc204 or @rivit mod does this. I'm using NAM 36 with rsc/mgb204's No Grass NAM (NGN), with the Side Walk NAM 1.0 PSS (SWN) and rivit's Tarsealed Streets and the latest RUM for RRW v5. I used the same mods before NAM36 and I didn't experience any problem like this.
2. I ran into this problem now I think the 2nd or 3rd times (first was sometimes end of summer, than today now 2 times.) I have a back-up from 8th october, and I didn't have any problem with that save file, however when I started to play and saved the city and quit, I don't know what happened, but the SC4 Save says I have Prop Pox. It used to come out (with a different map) when my save file reached the 12-ish MB, but now my save file is 43,2 MB and when I save the city it drops back to 42 MB, and the props from the right side of the map are completely wiped out. I brought back the file from the back up and import it into the map replacing the "damaged" file, but after little modification and saving the city I got the same result. It can't be the typical Prop Pox, since I don't have the BDK kit, and never was non of my cities, since I started to play with this map, and I don't remember I've ever met with this offset buffer error, but I don't really remeber either what is the standard prop pox error message. And the funny thing, that I don't have disabled props... So what the...?
Any help or advise would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
I've read a bit about prop pox at SC4D and one thing is sure: this picture got me very worried:
As you may see, I lack a bunch of props of that side of the city. In this moment, it seems to be the only "poxed" district, but I'm truly afraid of a pox expansion to other places. It is my capital city and the last thing I want is to lose it.
What can I do? Is any way to fix this? Can I avoid the expansion? Should I keep playing with this city? Please, help me.
Some useful data about the city:
- About a 85-90% of its landmass has been constructed.
- My game is fully updated.
- This city file size is 9.43 MB.
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.